News Article: Lebreton...Interesting...NCC - PART 2

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
When they do build a new rink, they should emulate the LA Clippers new arena that's being built. It has an enormous scoreboard that wraps around the top of the building above the seating instead of one dangling from the center of the ceiling.
The price tag is rumoured to be 2 Billion dollars.

• Haha
Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020

French public board wants to build high school on LeBreton Flats​

I thought they were already building a school on that huge corridor of land near Preston between Somerset and Gladstone. I agree that if they are going to add 10k units to the area in the next 10 years Lisgar high school can’t handle that kind of increased population. I think Tunneys would be a good spot for a high school as well. Tons of land there and access to public transit

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I thought they were already building a school on that huge corridor of land near Preston between Somerset and Gladstone. I agree that if they are going to add 10k units to the area in the next 10 years Lisgar high school can’t handle that kind of increased population. I think Tunneys would be a good spot for a high school as well. Tons of land there and access to public transit

As a lisgarite who lived on Gladstone and Booth can confirm that area is assigned to Glebe but that didn’t stop me from lying about my address to go to lisgar. But ya downtown could use another high school for sure

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
As a lisgarite who lived on Gladstone and Booth can confirm that area is assigned to Glebe but that didn’t stop me from lying about my address to go to lisgar. But ya downtown could use another high school for sure
My Glebe friends used to call us Lisgarbites…. Good times :)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Another reason to seek a site ( Bayview?) so not to have to work with the NCC NCC grilled over $8 million Rideau Hall barn
Bayview would be a great option. Probably even better than Lebreton. Closer to Hintonburgh and Wellington West. But make no mistake the only place is Lebreton or Bayview. Has to be where the two trains intersect. Easy access to the airport and Quebec is paramount.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Bayview would be a great option. Probably even better than Lebreton. Closer to Hintonburgh and Wellington West. But make no mistake the only place is Lebreton or Bayview. Has to be where the two trains intersect. Easy access to the airport and Quebec is paramount.
I think Andlauer has given every indication that he's also very interested in locations that are more downtown

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think Andlauer has given every indication that he's also very interested in locations that are more downtown
Downtown would lend itself to many more “walk ups” than either Lebreton or Bayview, but a downtown location would have to be as close to the LRT as a location in Lebreton or Bayview would be.

Any of these locations will be favourable to Gatineau which Andlauer has given every indication that the north side of the Ottawa river has been underserved by the current location of the franchise, he probably sees it as an untapped market, and is going to target that market.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Downtown would lend itself to many more “walk ups” than either Lebreton or Bayview, but a downtown location would have to be as close to the LRT as a location in Lebreton or Bayview would be.

Any of these locations will be favourable to Gatineau which Andlauer has given every indication that the north side of the Ottawa river has been underserved by the current location of the franchise, he probably sees it as an untapped market, and is going to target that market.
I don't think this is true at all.

No one is downtown it's a ghost town. Being close to transit will lead to way more 'walk ups'.

Reactions: coladin and DrEasy

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I don't think this is true at all.

No one is downtown it's a ghost town. Being close to transit will lead to way more 'walk ups'.

Put it in the DND location, easily the best spot in Ottawa for it.
Transit, 20k students next door, central, beautiful location, would feed the market, Elgin st, and sprarks st. Etc etc.

Reactions: Ice-Tray and Bileur

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Transit, 20k students next door, central, beautiful location, would feed the market, Elgin st, and sprarks st. Etc etc.
Going to have to wait at least a decade before getting your hands on that location, and even if you do wait, no guarantee you get it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Would be a good location, but slightly smaller footprint than LeBreton, which is they’ve already said is too small.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Federal Government is keen to reduce office space.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a legitimate option.
They're in the midst of a 4 year, 78 mil dollar renovation, DND plans to continue to have it's downtown presence for at least another 12 years. Just off the top of my head, the Minister's office is there, as is JAG who needs to work with the department of Justice, both aren't moving to Carling any time soon. The plan was to have 4500 staff there once renovations are completed,

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They're in the midst of a 4 year, 78 mil dollar renovation, DND plans to continue to have it's downtown presence for at least another 12 years. Just off the top of my head, the Minister's office is there, as is JAG who needs to work with the department of Justice, both aren't moving to Carling any time soon. The plan was to have 4500 staff there once renovations are completed,
Fair enough!

I had no idea so much work was being done on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad