News Article: Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Garbage AHL coaching staff hired, overpaid for some grinders, still hasn't signed our best defenseman with the season 5 days away... Great start for Bergevin.

Not only that but after watching between 10-15 games this year, Leblanc never play in the top6 and rarely on the PP.... You would think that at least he would be on the PK but guess what no PK as well........Way to go Lefebvre!!!! u ********

in on Fire Lefebvre crew.

what a phucking joke, and WTF at the Habs management for not at least inviting him to camp.

Holy batman! Talk about an overreaction! :laugh: Why should the Habs management invite Leblanc to the camp when all he's been doing this year is play like **** for the Bulldogs! He has as many points as Jarred Tinordi for ****'s sakes! Blame the management or the coaching staff in Hamilton all you want but he hasn't delivered the merchandise at all this year. I've watched every game broadcasted by TVA Sports this year and even if I try to stay positive and see the good plays that Leblanc does, it's outweighted by the chances he misses or his brutal turnovers. I call BS on the skate thing since it would've been reported earlier. Leblanc has to step up his game big time if he wants to play in the NHL and this is definitely a great way to evaluate how strong he is in his head.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
If there is truth to this I would demand a trade instantly after suffering this. If they don't want to trade him, he shouldn't even show up to the Dogs. Not a good idea to treat your young prospects like that.

Myron Gaines*

Welcome brah. You can be the Vice President.

Current members of the Fire Lefebvre crew: 68 (President), Madevilz (Vice President).

Applications are open.
As much as I try to remain objective about the situation and that Lefebvre and the coaching staff is new, I think that Bergevin might have committed his first mistake by hiring a bunch of his buddies down in Hamilton.
Oga7L.gif

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
ugh I hope this is bs. I really liked Leblanc last year, and I'd hate to see him lose his confidence completely.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Lefevre is a terrible coach and anyone who doesnt realise he is a student of the game doesnt know **** about him.... seriously i doubt Bergevin does anything and he will ruin Leblanc. Just pathetic... I always hated Bergevin decision to go with that a-hole.

Nothing against Bergevin but this is worst decision by far.

I'm a bit worried that Bergevin, as something of a former "blue collar" player himself, thinks the best coaching philosophy is shouting and that hard work makes up for a lack of talent and tactics. I think Bergevin is smarter than that, but well I hope the Habs aren't as much of a trainwreck as the Bulldogs.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Just get the same guy who worked with Patches on his skating. It was terrible when he was first called up and he went back down and now has awesome skating. Whatever he did in Hamilton it worked.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Holy batman! Talk about an overreaction! :laugh: Why should the Habs management invite Leblanc to the camp when all he's been doing this year is play like **** for the Bulldogs! He has as many points as Jarred Tinordi for ****'s sakes! Blame the management or the coaching staff in Hamilton all you want but he hasn't delivered the merchandise at all this year. I've watched every game broadcasted by TVA Sports this year and even if I try to stay positive and see the good plays that Leblanc does, it's outweighted by the chances he misses or his brutal turnovers. I call BS on the skate thing since it would've been reported earlier. Leblanc has to step up his game big time if he wants to play in the NHL and this is definitely a great way to evaluate how strong he is in his head.
Leblanc was put on the 3rd line with a bunch of grinders right at the start of the season. He plays less than 10 min, and gets no PP. We're talking about a guy who showed he could play in the NHL. There's no overreaction here. Shiiiat player development in our farm team.

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
If any of this is true, I really wonder what are doing Brisebois & Lapointe... that would be the kind of situation they need to step up and talk with the kid and with the Habs management.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Leblanc's going to play on the 3rd line in the NHL so he should get used to it in the AHL? That's the stupidest ****ing theory I've ever heard. Why not give him a chance to improve and become a top-6 player.

If this is true, then I'm seriously worried for the development of our other prospects.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
I was blow away when i heard Leblanc was playing in the 3th line and i have said that in other threads... wtf is leblanc doing in the third line no pp and no pk... a 1st round pick... loved by the fans that an had a tremendous ppg for a player with so little ice time... he just knows the game... acting like this and not playing him at this level when he was playing more in the nhl... is quite a slap in the face... anyways... hope this is bs cause then we have a huge issue going on... hopefully someone makes some waves to Bergevin...

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
I'm not going to lie, Leblanc hasn't been playing very good, but that's how you wreck a player's confidence. He has to start playing harder, he doesn't engage himself at all. He has one nice hit this season and that's about it.

Lefebvre does one thing well and that is managing the defence. He seems to do a great job with Beaulieu, Tinordi and Ellis. He adjusts the pairings when they need to be adjusted, and doesn't randomly change things up if they are working. If they make a mistake, it's not a big deal, they go back out next shift.

His forwards though... Well that's a different story. He juggles the lines for no rhyme or reason. I remember when he randomly threw Holland on the fourth line near the start of the season and Holland has just finally started to play better.

I'm not a fan of Lefebvre at all.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
In the first place, It was a mistake to hire someone with no previous experience as a head coach for the farm team, especially with the lockout that went on for half of the season.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
The elastic part has to be fabricated. WTF is that?

I logged in to post exactly ^^that^^
If it is true, the coaches in charge of our prospects are bozos.

ugh I hope this is bs. I really liked Leblanc last year, and I'd hate to see him lose his confidence completely.

Same here.

Leblanc played 42 NHL games thus far in his career and he looked good in almost all of them. I like his compete level, his vision and his two ways awareness. He did look good on 3rd alongside Eller imo; nothing flashy but the job gets done.

During the summer he gained 10 pounds and, before his ankle injury, he had 2 goals in 3 games played. I mean... am I being naïve in assuming that he is trying to play through his injury? I read that high ankle sprain can take months to completely heal.

Isn't that the same injury that Lapierre suffered during his last season with us? I remember him telling that he had difficulties removing his skate after the games; I also remember how slower he looked on the forecheck.

I think that Leblanc is currently playing injured so I don't get the "panic".

EDIT:

That being mentioned I did not watch a lot of AHL games this season... maybe I was unlucky but the games I tried to watch were boring so I stopped watching after one period! So perhaps his injury is not a factor.

Last edited:

68*

I want in, I did start the "Randy Lefebvre" movement after all.
Welcome.
As much as I try to remain objective about the situation and that Lefebvre and the coaching staff is new, I think that Bergevin might have committed his first mistake by hiring a bunch of his buddies down in Hamilton.
Oga7L.gif
Yeah I also didn't like it when Gainey hired his buddy Carbonneau. I don't know why GMs choose to hire their friends. It's always harder firing a friend even if he deserves it.

Lol'd at CamelJockey in gif.
I guess this is what you get for having an enforcer as coach.
Damn he ****ed him up.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Garbage AHL coaching staff hired, overpaid for some grinders, still hasn't signed our best defenseman with the season 5 days away... Great start for Bergevin.

It was expected. There's talent in Hamilton, but they are just too young. It's unfair to expect them to be anything.

Look at Oklahoma City. You'd think with their talent they'd be dominating, but they are still only average.

68*

It's too bad Guy Boucher is no longer the coach. I think he would have been the perfect coach for not only Leblanc but a rookie team like this one.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
It was expected. There's talent in Hamilton, but they are just too young. It's unfair to expect them to be anything.

Look at Oklahoma City. You'd think with their talent they'd be dominating, but they are still only average.

Yes but after finishing at about a little less than 500 last year you'd expect the team to a little better this year or as bad. The team is now at 13-19-1

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
1) consider the source, is it reliable - I for one do not know

2) what is leblanc's work ethic like? since the nhl players were locked out, you figure habs management new or had seen early on what was going on in Hamilton.

Usually, where there is smoke there is fire. To early to jump on the coaching staff at this point

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yes but after finishing at about a little less than 500 last year you'd expect the team to a little better this year or as bad. The team is now at 13-19-1

I have no idea what happened to Palushaj, but he's finally showing his lack of promise in the AHL now.

The problem is the young defence. Replacing Henry, Fitzgerald and Stafford with rookies is going to hurt. You won't win at any level doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad