News Article: Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
He is currently playing on the top line in Hamilton. I don't know what's going on with him, he looked very good in Hamilton last year and this year he looks a shell of himself. But something is clearly wrong with the entire team, I have been watching almost every Hamilton game for several years and have never seen anything like this. Outside of Dumont, almost every returning player has regressed.

I haven't heard anything about Leblanc pouting or any knocks on his attitude but something is clearly not right with him either.

Good to know all this, thanks.

I'm a huge Leblanc believer (even if we don't really know what is going on right now).

Leblanc has everything to be a solid/smart top 9 winger/center for us. Very important to us especially if we start getting injuries to our centers/wingers. Just hope Habs will call him up to see how he reacts to getting called up (deserves it or not with the way he's currently playing with or without a high-ankle sprain...we need him to show it again...that he can play well for our Habs).

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Is anyone disturbed by this thread title?

I mean, is LeBlanc having wild orgy parties? Is he getting *****? Inside and out? What does that even mean?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
omg Leblanc 2 goals tonight! call him up now!

..good work kid

:handclap::yo::handclap:

Good news:nod:

(Leblanc is great for our top 9 winger/center depth...hope this is a start of good things to come! and pts or no pts...lots of hustle the way Leblanc can is the most important...hope his high ankle sprain is not hurting him).

Go LL Go!!

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

I mean, is LeBlanc having wild orgy parties? Is he getting *****? Inside and out? What does that even mean?

It'll probably get changed sooner than later since Leblanc may pick up his game. Hoping it's so.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
One thing we shouldn't overllok with LeBlanc. His biggest asset is hockey sense and he seems to step up when he plays with better players because they can think the game on his level. I'm sure part of his struggles is playing with scrubs in Hamilton. If we had to call him up and play him with DD or Plekanec I'm sure he wouldn't look out of place.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Two things to add context:

1) I have seen a few guys with that high ankle sprain who were great players but were completely ineffective for a good 3 months after returning. A prime example was Justin Azevedo in his junior days. Then, one day, he woke up and was back to normal.

2) Leblanc's season stats become more irrelevant. It's all about the here and now. He can suck for the first half of the season but wake up and be back to our top forward prospect overnight. What he did in November is irrelevant. It's about what he's capable of tonight.

So I'm staying glass-half-full on this guy. But I'm still waiting for him to convince me.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Huge thanks for the report...good or bad it's good to know the truth.

This doesn't sound like Leblanc at all...I'm a fan of Leblanc and hope this will be solved no matter what is really going on? Have no idea what's going on though (we're just guessing for now or speculating)...but the Leblanc we know is a guarantee for the 3rd line in NHL imo (smart/crafty, gritty, worker/hustles)...something is obviously going on and it would be great if we knew 'cause lazy and disinterested are not words that are a part of Leblanc's vocabulary...looks/sounds like he is on strike or something...like he's protesting something/someone.

Injuries happen (hope not) and we may need him in our top 9 (winger/center)...but how is he going to be called up if he is playing like a ghost?

Pax complained, and then proceeded to lead the AHL in scoring, giving the Habs no choice.

LL is not doing that. I don't think he would do that.

I want this kid to make it, he is a west island boy, and he's french. I thought he'd make a great 3rd line C.

It's harsh man. The NHL is harsh. Smash mouth harsh. Perform or gone.

I think LL is a bit spoiled. Yes, and he's hurt too.

I am not giving up yet. This is a kid who has never had real adversity. Now he has it.

I could see a massive improvement next fall.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
What is it with Hab fans and destroying their youth....remember how many people wanted Pacioretty outed after he didn't fair so well with the big club? Give the kid some time and let him grow. Bergevin and Co know what they're doing...

Agreed.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
He is currently playing on the top line in Hamilton. I don't know what's going on with him, he looked very good in Hamilton last year and this year he looks a shell of himself. But something is clearly wrong with the entire team, I have been watching almost every Hamilton game for several years and have never seen anything like this. Outside of Dumont, almost every returning player has regressed.

I haven't heard anything about Leblanc pouting or any knocks on his attitude but something is clearly not right with him either.

MTL I trust your judgement. If what you say is true, and I do not want to start a controversy, its sounds coaching might be a big problem.

It would be unbelievable if true. Coaching the dogs means:

1: Making every effort to win. This teaches kids who were stars their whole lives that the pro game is played for fans who pay money.

2. Introducing young guys to pro hockey, and encouraging and training valuable prospects.

It is not rocket science.

If Dogs are turning on the coach, and I say IF, that is a bad bad ****up by Habs management.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Yeah me too. It's a childish paranoid title. Creepy too. Anger guy starts a thread.

Mods, how about: LL struggling, what is wrong?

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
I remember when the title was "Leblanc getting ****ed inside out in Hamilton", and the next thread was "Pacioretty is jacked!"

HFBoards habs forum definitely looked like a saucy hockey fanfiction site.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I remember when the title was "Leblanc getting ****ed inside out in Hamilton", and the next thread was "Pacioretty is jacked!"

HFBoards habs forum definitely looked like a saucy hockey fanfiction site.

How can forget the summer classic, "Eller is huge".

We have some seriously homo-erotic thread titles going on in here.. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Pax complained, and then proceeded to lead the AHL in scoring, giving the Habs no choice.

LL is not doing that. I don't think he would do that.

Leblanc did that last year, since we was one of the top scorers on the team before his recall.

MTL I trust your judgement. If what you say is true, and I do not want to start a controversy, its sounds coaching might be a big problem.

Well take a look at some of the team going into last nights game,

Leblanc- 2 pts in his previous 22 games.
Beaulieu- 1 pt in his previous 14 games.
Bournival- pointless in 16 of his previous 18 games.
Holland- 4 pts in his previous 21 games.
Quailer- 1 pt in 22 games.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Before we jump on or off the Leblanc bandwagon we need to wait and see how he continues to develop. With Gionta, Cole and Gallagher ahead of him in the depth charts he will likely need one more year in Hamilton after this one. The Bulldogs will be a more seasoned team next year and it will be easier to get a clear idea of what he can do.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
So whats happening with that player? Habs should have made a Leblanc vs Kadri deal few months ago (not to mention Kadri is a big habs fan)

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
One thing we shouldn't overllok with LeBlanc. His biggest asset is hockey sense and he seems to step up when he plays with better players because they can think the game on his level. I'm sure part of his struggles is playing with scrubs in Hamilton. If we had to call him up and play him with DD or Plekanec I'm sure he wouldn't look out of place.

Totally agree.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I think spending the whole season in Hamilton will do him more good than to call him up unless multiple injuries happen to our big-team forwards.

He needs a call up though just to prove he's been mishandled in Hamilton. Otherwise he needs the summer to rest.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It's just a terrible season for the Dogs overall.

LL will be just fine. Just leave him alone and let him figure things out. I'm glad we didn't trade him for Kadri (who's great, mind you). I also really believe in LL, but we need to be patient. Wasn't Patrick Holland supposed to be the steal of the century? What's going on with him?

LOL at the references to our previous thread titles. I also thought that the original title of this one was a little absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad