News Article: Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

TYLENOL

Dec 29, 2012
We should trade him to the bruins for Jordan Caron. Him and Leblanc are both struggling, they could both benefit from a change of scenery perhaps.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Keep playing Tenute, Chaput and Fortier. Lefebvre you're a genius.

There's absolutely no reason to not give Avtsin top 6 time in the AHL now. The team is dead in the water. See what we have before he's gone.

Well Tenute is their most skilled player so he's going to be in the lineup every night as he should be. Fortier plays with the Hag-Tini so you shouldn't wish that on anyone. Avtsin would look much worse then Fortier playing with those 2. Chaput the coaches seem to really like for his efforts, I sort of don't mind his play.

But it doesn't matter, the Dogs just look terrible this year, not much seems to be going right for them.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Of course there is. Trading him at his lowest possible value would be a pretty braindead thing to do, though.

I think most people now realize he was overvalued at the draft and is now at best a 3rd line guy. We should be able to get a 3rd or if we are very lucky, a 2nd round draft pick if we tried. Don't you think? Or is that asking for too much?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I think most people now realize he was overvalued at the draft and is now at best a 3rd line guy. We should be able to get a 3rd or if we are very lucky, a 2nd round draft pick if we tried. Don't you think? Or is that asking for too much?

Last season, as a rookie, he was a competent third liner who showed flashes of offensive skill in the league. Now he's overvalued? I wonder how people acted after Pacioretty got injured and how many posts there were about him now being useless for the top six. People overreact.

And no, nobody is going to take Leblanc if he is playing hurt because he wouldn't pass a physical.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Wanting to get a 3rd rounder for a guy who already looked okay in the NHL just because the guy is at best a 3rd liner (according to you) is... kindof stupid, no?

I mean, that 3rd rounder has, like, 80% chances to be a lesser player than Leblanc. And 18% to be an equal player.

Not to mention that Leblanc's developpement is, by all means, not over.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Wanting to get a 3rd rounder for a guy who already looked okay in the NHL just because the guy is at best a 3rd liner (according to you) is... kindof stupid, no?

I mean, that 3rd rounder has, like, 80% chances to be a lesser player than Leblanc. And 18% to be an equal player.

Not to mention that Leblanc's developpement is, by all means, not over.
Don't know. Do you think there are a lot of teams that would line up to give us a 2nd round pick for him?
I hope I am wrong, but I just have my doubts about his value. Is he tough enough to withstand the NHL rigor and physicality?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Don't know. Do you think there are a lot of teams that would line up to give us a 2nd round pick for him?
I hope I am wrong, but I just have my doubts about his value. Is he tough enough to withstand the NHL rigor and physicality?

What are we talking about physically or mentally?Harvard student with Quebec hockey pedigree and not what?Tough is all in the mind,if you don't mind you're tough!:nod:

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Trading Leblanc is pointless for a myriad of reasons. Allow the new staff some time to develop the kid properly and give him a shot in the organization.

Not everything comes together immediately for everyone.

Time...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Louis Leblanc will have his shot next year as 4th line center after we figured out the DD/Eller/Plekanec dilemma.

Leblanc (imo) can also be helpful for top 9 center/winger...in case of any injuries to our CENTERS or 2nd-3rd line wingers.

And would love for our Habs to keep all of the above centers you mentioned...but maybe it's not realistic in the long run? but better for our CENTER depth unless Leblanc could be that guy for us...top 9 winger/center.

DD for a 1st Rnd Pick + good prospect? to a team that badly needs a #2 offensive center at the trade deadline? or keep him in case of injuries,etc...

Eller's salary should be relatively decent/cheap, so easy to keep him... DD may ask for a lot when he plays with Cole and PAcioretty imo, but...when he doesn;t have Cole and/or Pacioretty...he may not be as productive (salary won't be as high imo). I would like to see what he can do with Gionta and Bourque...wondering if Bourque and Gionta would do well with DD? (probably since Bourque is now going to the net and Gionta always works hard).

Pleks + Cole +Pacioretty (70 pt season for Pleks imo, so approx. 40pts or close out of 48 games...imo).

Leblanc:
really pulling for Leblanc to add that important top 9 depth for our Habs...don't know what the **** is going on this year with LEblanc and the Bulldogs...I'm thinking it's the high ankle sprain...he should be resting then, no? and not making it worse...if that's what it is...
Would be great to know what's going on over there with Bulldogs coach and Leblanc...what is really going on...and terrible 'cause we always have to guess!:cry:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Actually, the only scenario where I can see Leblanc getting a permanent spot on the roster for next season (emphasis on permanent -- Leblanc can indeed be a good injury call-up, and gain a regular spot THEN, but that's not my point now) is if Eller gets trading for a D-Men (big physical D-Men, basically the guy who'll take Bouillon's spot next season IF THAT GUY ISN'T TINORDI); or, if Cole leaves/retires.

It COULD be somebody else than Eller, but Leblanc is more Eller-like than anybody else on this roster). Trading TP or DD doesn't work, as they are either too different, or just not in the good roster spot. One would think Gionta leaving this team is a distant possibilty as well; then Gallagher takes his spot and Leblanc is next in line for Gallagher's spot.

Armstrong will probably play only one season with this team, but I'm inclined to think that the team wants to get tougher on the fourth line, and Leblanc isn't really an upgrade over Armstrong in this case...

In other words, Leblanc's eventual spot in the roster is closely liked to what will happen regarding Eller, Cole, Gionta and Armstrong. Leblanc plays right wing at the moment, right? Three of those players are also RW's.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
I really think it is time to stop trading young players at their lowest value. Do you guys forget what it was like with Gainey/Gauthier where they traded SK, Grabo, Ribeiro, O'Byrne, Higgins, Mcdonagh, Lapierre, Latendresse, etc. for absolutely nothing since their value was at their lowest. The impatience of Canadiens fans is bordering on comedic. Gainey and Gauthier were vilified for this exact reason (among others).

Be patient, Leblanc is a smart kid who is battling some injuries. He just turned 22 and should be given at least 2 more years to see if he can get healthy, get stronger, and put it together.

Many players are late bloomers and Leblanc has already shown that he is able to play 3rd line minutes in the NHL. High ankle sprains are notorious for lingering....add to that, playing on an inexperienced Hamilton team with very little skill around him and you can easily justify his step back this year.

We have been down this road many times and more often than not, it does not turn out well. Remember how quickly everyone wanted Pacioretty out of town when he struggled.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
For his sake, I hope he is traded. Hopefully he can turn around things elsewhere.

Are you saying that he should be traded for preemptive reasons? In case
he becomes a good player, you want to prevent it happening with the habs.
He may have played like a third liner in the NHL last year, as a rookie. But
he was a lot more than a third liner in the AHL as a rookie. How any of that
proves he will be a third line player " at best" I don't know.
As to the guy who is trying to assess his "value" at the lowest
point in his career so far, other GMs take a longer term view than you do.
They might even remember that he looked like a good prospect, only a
year ago, and that he's only turning 22.

Last edited:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
More to the point. Has anyone seen him play this week ? I gather he
had a good game last week. And that he is playing on the top line. I'm
just kind of fishing for positive news.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Move DD to wing or trade Pleks. Problem solved.

the ''move DD to the wing'' is starting to irritate me. You guys explain to me how a guy this size with average speed will do at a position he's never played before in the NHL. I'm a big fan of DD but I don't see it happening.

trade plek ? like ... its a fringe player or something ? if you are going to trade plek to make room for louis leblanc, I suggest you to stop at your doctor's office and make sure all the screws are in place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad