GDT: leaves @ COLORADO AVALANCHE - 2/24/24 - 5PM MT

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
When G was in the players assistance program, some of the guys covering the Avs talked about putting G on LTIR for cap relief. So it can be done. The grey zone of whether or not Nuke needs that much time is the same as what Vegas is doing with Stone every year.
But can you legally put someone on LTIR when they’re in player assistance program and not injured?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It’s the pressure of trying to prevent a shot from happening at all, as compared to trying to eliminate high danger chances and let the goalie make the save. George has shown he can’t play that way and now the whole team is playing weird and only emphasizing that more.

It’s like when a guy comes back from injury but you can still tell he’s worried about it. Trying to prevent getting hurt again usually only puts you in that awkward position to get hurt again
100%. Thats exactly it. You just do too much trying to prevent it instead of letting the game come to you which causes more problems.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Not re-signing Kadri was by far this team's biggest mistake.

We desperately need Nuke back.
I said it back then that letting Naz walk could end up being the most consequential decision of this core's success and it's not looking that far off. He's exactly what they're missing right now, both in terms of skill and temperament and they let that guy walk right out the f***ing door. CMac can live with that stain for the rest of his career.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I said it back then that letting Naz walk could end up being the most consequential decision of this core's success and it's not looking that far off. He's exactly what they're missing right now, both in terms of skill and temperament and they let that guy walk right out the f***ing door. CMac can live with that stain for the rest of his career.
I know he was practically persona non grata to start 21-22 after the playoff suspension and just being not great in 21 anyways but boy this team would look a lot different now if they re-signed Naz and Nuke before they both exploded in 21-22

Reactions: The Merchant

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I remember reading yes, but now you have me doubting myself.
I remember reading that here specifically, but can't remember who posted it unfortunately... but what's rattling around inside my head as true is that being in the player assistance program is frozen, can't be traded, demoted and counts against the cap. Once the player has been in the program long enough to meet the requirements of LTIR, the team can then designate them as such and get relief with the same stipulations as relief from a physical injury.

If there is any chance the player is coming back, the worse thing in the world I think you could do, would be to use that cap relief. Let's just say that we had done this with Girard. Could you imagine how impactful that would have been on his mental wellbeing to be going through treatment trying to get himself better and stronger but also know that he's been replaced on the roster. That would be pretty f***ing cold.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
He hasn’t had hooker and coke for a while so his mind is hurting?
Well, player assistance program usually means that the person's mental health is unwell, and was abusing substances to ease the pain/stress. But if the sleep issue rumor is true, I could definitely see that being considered an injury.

Reactions: Vk1ing

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I remember reading that here specifically, but can't remember who posted it unfortunately... but what's rattling around inside my head as true is that being in the player assistance program is frozen, can't be traded, demoted and counts against the cap. Once the player has been in the program long enough to meet the requirements of LTIR, the team can then designate them as such and get relief with the same stipulations as relief from a physical injury.

If there is any chance the player is coming back, the worse thing in the world I think you could do, would be to use that cap relief. Let's just say that we had done this with Girard. Could you imagine how impactful that would have been on his mental wellbeing to be going through treatment trying to get himself better and stronger but also know that he's been replaced on the roster. That would be pretty f***ing cold.
Nuke seems like a cool dude. I bet he'd be willing to take being unwell until the playoffs to get us some cap relief.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Well, player assistance program usually means that the person's mental health is unwell, and was abusing substances to ease the pain/stress. But if the sleep issue rumor is true, I could definitely see that being considered an injury.
LOL sorry I thought you were joking, but yeah, technically it should be considered injury since it’s health related

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Kuemper WAS good until he lost an eye. People just remember him for the playoffs.

Kuemper had plenty of soft goals during the regular season too. Long distance shots especially were an issue even before the eye injury.

Reactions: the_fan

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If the playoffs started now, we would play the Jets. A team whose strongest suit is our weakest.
The Jets would roll the Avs and it wouldnt be particularly hard. Jets 4-1.

Kuemper had plenty of soft goals during the regular season too. Long distance shots especially were an issue even before the eye injury.
Blocker side always but hes easily better than fourgiev and it pains me to say it it really does because I hate Kuemper.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Every goalie lets in soft goals. .921SV% doesn't lie. Statically the Avs aren't really giving up much more this year than the cup year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We can complain about Georgiev none stop, but with salary cap Avs can’t have better starting goalie unless you would prefer having Hellebuyck instead of Mikko.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Saros is at 5M for another year but I doubt Nashville would trade him to us.
I mean Avs can’t afford a 5 mill goalie when they don’t have cap space. Specially when Landy returns, they probably have to get rid of few players

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad