NFL: Leaked footage of Patriots recording Bengals signals

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
There was no concrete evidence.

But since Goodell has the power to suspend people and he decides the lengths, Brady got 4.
Normally when you destroy your phone after being suspected its not a good look...kind of like being put at the scene of a crime at the exact time it was committed and for some reason clearing out your records there when you are under suspicion.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Well, they also went from what people were calling one of the best defenses ever to playing their worst games after being caught cheating, including a team everyone said was tanking to beating the Pats and lighting them up in a meaningful game.
Derrick Henry would have eaten them for lunch any week of the year.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Well, they also went from what people were calling one of the best defenses ever to playing their worst games after being caught cheating, including a team everyone said was tanking to beating the Pats and lighting them up in a meaningful game.

Right on cue.. They get caught cheating. Then they magically drop a game they would normally win to lock up 2 seed and homefield. No doubt in my mind same Dolphins/Pats game with no cheating allegations and the refs make a few calls to tip the game in Pats favor. NFL wanted them out after caught cheating again. Have to play their first WC game in like a decade which means buh bye. They need the bye week to spy on their upcoming opponent.

That's why it's funny to me when Pats fans point to Deflategate for Goodell hating them. Not realizing it was a smokescreen. This is what real hate looks like, no big calls in your favor against the Dolphins and Titans.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Right on cue.. They get caught cheating. Then they magically drop a game they would normally win to lock up 2 seed and homefield. No doubt in my mind same Dolphins/Pats game with no cheating allegations and the refs make a few calls to tip the game in Pats favor. NFL wanted them out after caught cheating again. Have to play their first WC game in like a decade which means buh bye. They need the bye week to spy on their upcoming opponent.

That's why it's funny to me when Pats fans point to Deflategate for Goodell hating them. Not realizing it was a smokescreen. This is what real hate looks like, no big calls in your favor against the Dolphins and Titans.
You're blaming the refs for that loss? Wow.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
You're blaming the refs for that loss? Wow.

No, I'm saying you don't see the difference in all the Patriots Super Bowl runs? They never had to play in Wild Card round. They had 5 penalties for 54 yards and Dolphins 4 for 22. This never happens if they don't get caught cheating. Refs would have helped them. 5 penalties for 25 yards for Titans. 3 penalties for 28 yards for Patriots. This never happens.

They are a product of cheating and the refs.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

So the NFL made up a scandal against the Patriots so they could secretly rig games in their favor without suspicion? Seems completely reasonable and not the ramblings of a crazy conspiracy theorist

Reactions: 4Orr

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So the NFL made up a scandal against the Patriots so they could secretly rig games in their favor without suspicion? Seems completely reasonable and not the ramblings of a crazy conspiracy theorist

No, the scandal/cheating is real. Pats got caught and nothing the NFL could do to save them. NFL wanted them out. No more cheating and refs help means playing in Wild Card round for 1st time in a decade and bounced from the playoffs. Whole legacy built on cheating. Started with cheating and ends with cheating. Very poetic.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
No, the scandal/cheating is real. Pats got caught and nothing the NFL could do to save them. NFL wanted them out. No more cheating and refs help means playing in Wild Card round for 1st time in a decade and bounced from the playoffs. Whole legacy built on cheating. Started with cheating and ends with cheating. Very poetic.
So then the NFL was complicit in this all with the ref help and aiding the Patriots then decided they wanted to end it because what? Suddenly the tipping point was an independent film crew filming a documentary that was caught taping the sideline? Of all the things the NFL could have explained away for the Patriots like you are claiming, this seemed pretty easy.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So then the NFL was complicit in this all with the ref help and aiding the Patriots then decided they wanted to end it because what? Suddenly the tipping point was an independent film crew filming a documentary that was caught taping the sideline? Of all the things the NFL could have explained away for the Patriots like you are claiming, this seemed pretty easy.

Obviously they were in on the refs helping them get 6 Super Bowls. Who employs the refs and tells them what to do? Who picks the refs for the games? Who controls challenges and reviews? Few years ago Patriots went like 3 games without a penalty even being called on them. Then the bs call in the Jets and Steelers games. They are always bending the rules for the Patriots. Chung is allowed to play but god forbid you smoke weed. Kraft and his off season transgressions.

It was all too much and too many people were involved to bury this. Maybe if just the NFL caught them but it was the Bengals. Who I believe had a copy of the tape as well.

One of your best defenses in a long time and lose to the Dolphins and have to play in WC round and then lose to Titans. Exactly what this organization would look like without cheating and refs assistance.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Obviously they were in on the refs helping them get 6 Super Bowls. Who employs the refs and tells them what to do? Who picks the refs for the games? Who controls challenges and reviews? Few years ago Patriots went like 3 games without a penalty even being called on them. Then the bs call in the Jets and Steelers games. They are always bending the rules for the Patriots. Chung is allowed to play but god forbid you smoke weed. Kraft and his off season transgressions.

It was all too much and too many people were involved to bury this. Maybe if just the NFL caught them but it was the Bengals. Who I believe had a copy of the tape as well.

One of your best defenses in a long time and lose to the Dolphins and have to play in WC round and then lose to Titans. Exactly what this organization would look like without cheating and refs assistance.
It was very easy to bury the Bengals thing if they wanted. An independent crew was filming a documentary. Boom case closed. Easiest thing in the world to sweep under the rug.

Your evidence is the Patriots went 3 games without a penalty, 3 years ago, so obviously the NFL is rigging it for the Patriots. Lol

Also, Chung? Whats your conspiracy theory on him?

Last edited:

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
When it comes to cheating, has any franchise in any sport been caught and penalized as many times and as much as the Patriots?

Packers were actually kicked out of the NFL before.

If this was 1922, I'm sure the Pats would have been several times now.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Let's be honest, anything sort of kicking the Patriots out of the league, wouldnt satisfy the angry mob
I consider myself a realist. Given the prior penalties they had I would have expected this to cost them a first. If this was another team, say Seattle, I could accept a third but as a repeat offender I would have upped the penalty. At a minimum a second. Third seems too light given history of this organization that is still under 1 management team.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I consider myself a realist. Given the prior penalties they had I would have expected this to cost them a first. If this was another team, say Seattle, I could accept a third but as a repeat offender I would have upped the penalty. At a minimum a second. Third seems too light given history of this organization that is still under 1 management team.
Considering the league determined there was no connection here to football ops, I think they got a pretty severe penalty. I also think you are undervalued a 3rd rd pick. That is a pretty significant price to pay. The league certainly factored in their history here if you ask me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad