Post-Game Talk: Leafts lose in OT despite Matthews breaking records.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Can you believe some idiot asking Mathews if he has been consulted about the parade route?!! PR guy in the back just gives that 'come on' look.. Why do they not ban these guys from the locker room?

4:30 mark..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJ8cOkMFUI

Does anyone recognize that nobs voice? I assumed it was simmons or some other troll but I don't listen to him enough to recognize his croak.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Wow. NBCSN just picked up the Leafs/Bruins game on Saturday.
have we ever been on NBCSN outside of the playoffs?

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Can you believe some idiot asking Mathews if he has been consulted about the parade route?!! PR guy in the back just gives that 'come on' look.. Why do they not ban these guys from the locker room?

4:30 mark..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJ8cOkMFUI

I came here to specifically comment about this...

This really ****ing annoys me. I desperately want to find out who this ******** of a "reporter" is and have Leaf nation run amok on his social media (because that's the only thing we as fans can do, haha).

But seriously, he's a kid who's had all of this thrust on him. He didn't ask for it. Why are you taking jabs at him?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Jan. 1 against the Red Wings.

Even more shocking that a Canadian team is on NBCSN at all!

Oh right. i forgot bout that but that was winter classic.

so basically outside Winter Classic and playoffs (and we (leafs) didn't have Doc Emrick).... this is huge.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Oh right. i forgot bout that but that was winter classic.

so basically outside Winter Classic and playoffs (and we (leafs) didn't have Doc Emrick).... this is huge.
Yeah, the Matthews effect in full force. Getting Matthews just worked out perfectly for a lot of sides. Gives the Leafs a lot of hope and a fantastic player to build around. So that's a big win for the Leafs, Leaf fans, and frankly hockey in Canada. That this guy is American is a big boost for the NHL.

This game's effects are already noticeable. To the degree that now there is an effect of "holy crap, we got to get this phenom on TVs wherever possible."

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
stupid media people asking dumb questions. u see that question about the route for the parade... matthews was like wtf is wrong with u its one game lol

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Yeah, the Matthews effect in full force. Getting Matthews just worked out perfectly for a lot of sides. Gives the Leafs a lot of hope and a fantastic player to build around. So that's a big win for the Leafs, Leaf fans, and frankly hockey in Canada. That this guy is American is a big boost for the NHL.

This game's effects are already noticeable. To the degree that now there is an effect of "holy crap, we got to get this phenom on TVs wherever possible."

All good, do you think it makes Bettman more likely to push expansion in the US as opposed to Canada? .

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I like Bowen but i don't miss him on television. I find him more suited for Radio.

but Randorf would/could be a great choice.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Goaltenders having a rough start to the season. Seeing the first goals on Lehner and Rask tonight.... woof.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
All good, do you think it makes Bettman more likely to push expansion in the US as opposed to Canada? .

That's all he has been doing, ignoring Canada and sticking teams in the U.S. in every nook and cranny that wants a team and has the 500 million plus dollars to pay the Loser teams failing already in the States, to keep on going.

Quebec, we'll get around to you when the Canadian dollar improves.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Mathews and Nylander gel well together but I really don't think that Mathews needs Nylander as much as marner does.
I worry that Marner's creativity will be wasted unless he gets someone on his line who can convert those amazing passes.
I know that involves playing at centre for one of them,..but .....anyway,just my thoughts.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Mathews and Nylander gel well together but I really don't think that Mathews needs Nylander as much as marner does.
I worry that Marner's creativity will be wasted unless he gets someone on his line who can convert those amazing passes.
I know that involves playing at centre for one of them,..but .....anyway,just my thoughts.

Marner is the creative one on that line. What he needs is a Tkachuk style winger on the other side. A Hartnell,Simmonds,etc. It's early so all I'll say is I haven't been impressed with JVR and leave it at that.

As for Nylander, he could move to C at some point or could develop a Toews/Hossa dynamic. That leaves Marner to be the catalyst of his line.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Marner is the creative one on that line. What he needs is a Tkachuk style winger on the other side. A Hartnell,Simmonds,etc. It's early so all I'll say is I haven't been impressed with JVR and leave it at that.

As for Nylander, he could move to C at some point or could develop a Toews/Hossa dynamic. That leaves Marner to be the catalyst of his line.
JVR will pick it up (and I'm a huge critic of his). Once JVR-Bozie-Mitch get going we should have three dangerous lines. And while none will set the world on fire defensively, all are competent. Get some big saves when needed and this team could be a lot of fun.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Question for Leafs fans,

Between Marner and Nylander, who would you say is expected to have the better season? Would Nylander be a solid pickup for fantasy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad