Proposal: Leafs/Wings Trade

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
yo this is wild lmao

and no i wouldn't do that for bertuzzi alone either. connor brown has a whopping 36 pts in 82 games in his best year and he's not looking much better this year on a ridiculously stacked toronto team. brown is a fine player, a great bottom 6 option much like darren helm was for the wings back in the day before he lost his speed.

to the guys here saying that's ridiculous to not take for bertuzzi, try watching a game other than toronto. detroit is a sad dumpster fire yet bertuzzi and larkin are consistently the best forwards on the team night in night out. on toronto, playing with a guy like kadri and getting easier matchups i have no doubt bert would put up 50+ pts. Hell he will probably put up 40-45 this year on an anemic detroit team that is among the bottom of the league in GF.

the value might be there because johnsson is a pretty good prospect but its much smarter for the wings to wait and see what they truly have in bertuzzi because he could be special. at the very least he'll be better than connor brown, lol

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Brown is one of the Leafs best penalty killers, he brings plenty of intagibles. Bertuzzi plays with a more physical edge that’s about it

He's also much more of a pest than Brown. Not afraid to get his nose dirty in the corners, while chipping in his fair share of offense too. Something the Wings need in their top 6, otherwise its Abby who fills that role, and no Wings fan wants to see that again.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
And people think Leaf fans over value their players...Brown is all of a year older and has done a ton more in the league than Bertuzzi. It’s a bad trade because Mantha has a ton of potential and is the best player in the trade. Saying you wouldn’t do it for Bertuzzi is a joke though

It's because of posts like this one that people think that.

Yes, there's several (numerous) posts every day like this. Maybe it has something to do with that. :huh:

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
yeahhhh...... i'm going to step away slowly and quietly as a leaf fan. Ya'll do you.

Danny1237

Jun 12, 2016
The wings are a basement team this year, who are just looking to "lose for Huges" at this point. There is no reason for them to trade assets with any upside. Also, trading a higher ceiling player for a guy who is a "safer" player is the exact opposite of the type of move Detroit should be looking at. Detroit needs to stockpile higher ceiling talent during this stage of their development.

Detroit's possible trade bait is really Vanek, Nyquist, Jensen and Kronwall. Given Detroit has some prospect depth finally, and up to 11 picks so far in this draft, I think they will just see what they can get out of that group at the deadline rather than moving anyone younger.

Of that group, Jensen would be the most appealing to the Leafs if Detroit doesn't plan to re-sign him. He is a 28 year old RHD that took longer time than normal to get into a top 4 role in the NHL, but he has been a real bright spot on that blueline. His analytics are good, and he is likely still going to be undervalued by a lot of GMs around the league as a busted PP guy. I think Detroit would get max value trading him with a GM that valued that sort of D, and I think Dubas is that sort, so Toronto would be a reasonable trade partner to get max value for Jensen if they do decide it's best to move him. They can likely squeeze a little extra value in the form of a condition around Jensen re-signing with the Leafs, as they could value signing him for cheaper than it would cost to retain Gardiner.

Last edited:

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Leafs fans kept saying Johnsson would be a top 6 fwd anywhere else... lol

I love how they always over value Leivo and Johnsson in trade proposals.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Leafs fans kept saying Johnsson would be a top 6 fwd anywhere else... lol

I love how they always over value Leivo and Johnsson in trade proposals.

Because he would! Far and away the best team in league. You saw how they pistol whipped Winnipeg the class of west tonight

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Because he would! Far and away the best team in league. You saw how they pistol whipped Winnipeg the class of west tonight

So we should cancel the season and give the cup to the Laughs??

Got owned by the Pens.. and struggled vs the lowly Blues.... lol

Wait until your laughs wins a series before thinking about a cup buddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad