Proposal: Leafs/Wings Trade

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
No need to berade this person, however, this is not a good trade, and quite frankly, a poorly thought out one.

Mantha is the only piece moving that is T6 and NHL ready. Brown is the other NHL player, but is suited for a B6 role.

Bertuzzi is a speedy prospect who wings have faith in like some TOR fans have faith in Johnsson. At the NHL level, they’ve been underwhelmed for their pedigree, but play very well at the AHL level, albeit, Bertuzzi looks ok for the first 5-6 games of the season.

In this trade, DET trades their young best pure goal scorer along with a budding prospect who may have found his niche in the NHL for a late mid 3rd, an older B6 niche checker, and a prospect who still isn’t NHL ready, who are all older than Bertuzzi.

This, heavily, favors TOR.

This is almost an equivalent trade of

DET: Nyquvist, Bertuzzi, and a 3rd

TOR: Nylander and Gundstrum.

TOR obviously says no and DET will obviously walk away.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I'm not sure that'd be enough to get just Bertuzzi...

And people think Leaf fans over value their players...Brown is all of a year older and has done a ton more in the league than Bertuzzi. It’s a bad trade because Mantha has a ton of potential and is the best player in the trade. Saying you wouldn’t do it for Bertuzzi is a joke though

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
And people think Leaf fans over value their players...Brown is all of a year older and has down a ton more in the league than Bertuzzi. It’s a bad trade because Mantha has a ton of potential and is the best player in the trade. Saying you wouldn’t do it for Bertuzzi is a joke though

It's because of posts like this one that people think that.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
No need to berade this person, however, this is not a good trade, and quite frankly, a poorly thought out one.

Mantha is the only piece moving that is T6 and NHL ready. Brown is the other NHL player, but is suited for a B6 role.

Bertuzzi is a speedy prospect who wings have faith in like some TOR fans have faith in Johnsson. At the NHL level, they’ve been underwhelmed for their pedigree, but play very well at the AHL level, albeit, Bertuzzi looks ok for the first 5-6 games of the season.

In this trade, DET trades their young best pure goal scorer along with a budding prospect who may have found his niche in the NHL for a late mid 3rd, an older B6 niche checker, and a prospect who still isn’t NHL ready, who are all older than Bertuzzi.

This, heavily, favors TOR.

This is almost an equivalent trade of

DET: Nyquvist, Bertuzzi, and a 3rd

TOR: Nylander and Gundstrum.

TOR obviously says no and DET will obviously walk away.

If we're adding what is our best forward prospect along with Nylander you have to think that would be at 1st rather than a 3rd.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
If we're adding what is our best forward prospect along with Nylander you have to think that would be at 1st rather than a 3rd.
I dont agree, but speaking the 3rd will be closer to a 2nd rather than a 4th and Bertuzzi has more value than Gundstrum.

Gundstrum isn’t an A level prospect. He’s more or less a B prospect with his ceiling being a 3rd liner and floor being a 13F or high end AHL level player. If that’s your top F prospect, I wouldn’t consider a 1st an add on for that.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Yes, clearly I'm the one that has difficulty ascertaining players values in this thread.

You're definitely one of them...how else are you gonna explain stating a 23 year old player with a career high of 24 points is worth more than a 24 year old who's scored 20 goals in the league before, a young guy just coming off an AHL MVP performance and a pick. Please do tell me your case, I'm sure it's huge in facts.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
It wasn't clear when I bolded what you said that I was talking about your post?

Not really considering what you bolded haha. I stated that the offer was unfair but I would love to know how that wouldn't be enough for Tyler Bertuzzi or did you confuse him for uncle Todd from back in the day.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Not really considering what you bolded haha. I stated that the offer was unfair but I would love to know how that wouldn't be enough for Tyler Bertuzzi or did you confuse him for uncle Todd from back in the day.

Because Bertuzzi is a better player than anyone on that list from the Leafs

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
And people think Leaf fans over value their players...Brown is all of a year older and has done a ton more in the league than Bertuzzi. It’s a bad trade because Mantha has a ton of potential and is the best player in the trade. Saying you wouldn’t do it for Bertuzzi is a joke though

I wasn't being serious... Just indicative of how ridiculous this proposal was.

giphy.gif

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You're definitely one of them...how else are you gonna explain stating a 23 year old player with a career high of 24 points is worth more than a 24 year old who's scored 20 goals in the league before, a young guy just coming off an AHL MVP performance and a pick. Please do tell me your case, I'm sure it's huge in facts.
Brown had one good season and has declined since than. He's no more than a 4th line scrub right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad