Proposal: Leafs/Wings Trade

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I wasn't being serious... Just indicative of how ridiculous this proposal was.

giphy.gif

As you can see, some of your fellow posters seem very serious about it

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Based on what? He hasn't been better than Brown at any level

Last year:
Bertuzzi 24 Points in 48 Games 14:24 TOI/G
Brown 28 Points in 82 Games 15:01 TOI/G

Bertuzzi also peaked higher in the AHL with 19 points in 19 games to lead the Griffins to a Calder Cup and was named MVP.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
You're definitely one of them...how else are you gonna explain stating a 23 year old player with a career high of 24 points is worth more than a 24 year old who's scored 20 goals in the league before, a young guy just coming off an AHL MVP performance and a pick. Please do tell me your case, I'm sure it's huge in facts.

Bertie brings more to the table than Brown does. Plain and simple. Brown scored 20 goals on a run and gun offense Toronto team? Who cares, he ain't doing that in Detroit, and if he doesn't bring more to the table, he's gonna be in the doghouse very fast.

Last edited:

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Bertie brings more to the table than Brown does. Plain and simple. Brown scored 20 goals on a run and gun offense Toronto team? Who cares, he ain't doing that in Detroit, and if he doesn't bring more to the table, he's gonna be in the doghouse very fast.

Brown is one of the Leafs best penalty killers, he brings plenty of intagibles. Bertuzzi plays with a more physical edge that’s about it

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Last year:
Bertuzzi 24 Points in 48 Games 14:24 TOI/G
Brown 28 Points in 82 Games 15:01 TOI/G

Bertuzzi also peaked higher in the AHL with 19 points in 19 games to lead the Griffins to a Calder Cup and was named MVP.

So you take Brown’s off year and Bertuzzi’s best...go figure. No mention of Brown scoring 20 as a rookie which is more than Bertuzzi has in his whole career

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So you take Brown’s off year and Bertuzzi’s best...go figure. No mention of Brown scoring 20 as a rookie which is more than Bertuzzi has in his whole career
Again Brown only had that rookie season. He's been on a steady decline since than. What's he on a 24 point pace this season.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Or I took last year... Bertuzzi's only year in the league. I'd bet quite a bit that Bertuzzi outscores him this year as well. Bertuzzi outpaced Brown's rookie year last year anyways. The Wings would never trade Bertuzzi for Brown

Reactions: WingsMJN2965

Bigleaffan48

Mar 13, 2015
I saw the name of the thread and knew it was going to be a big ol' no from me before I read the content.
I saw the name of the poster and knew it would be a big ol' no from any team other than Leaf fans! Definitely he (cj19) doesn't understand proposals. Terrible for Detroit

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks Mantha has the potential to be a poor man's Jamie Benn?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks Mantha has the potential to be a poor man's Jamie Benn?

I like Mantha and think he's a future 30 goal scorer... But poor man's Jamie Benn is a lofty expectation for a guy who currently isn't even averaging .50 PPG playing next to Larkin, who's looking like he's becoming an elite center.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Right now I'd definitely think about parting with Mantha (it'd end up being a knee jerk reaction. But Bertuzzi? It'd better be a package with Nylander coming back because why would the worst defensive team in the league give up a possible stud D like him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad