Leafs Win!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Kicks one into the net.

They tell you to play the pass on a 2 on 1.. What did Phaneuf do?
kicks one in the net? seriously?

off a stick off his leg. he didn't move his leg til it hit him.

if you played you would know how quickly that happened and there was no fault for 3 on that

laughable

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Do you understand that the players that brought us to have the best PP in the league are the same ones playing now?

IMO it's become a little too predictable. The go to play is to get the puck to Kessel on the left side half boards and allow him to quarterback the play. It's not a bad approach, but if you don't switch it up, it becomes an easy defense for the opposition PK.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Franson's risky play resulted in nothing for the Lightning, he was in good position to take care of any turnovers, and he did just that when he smashed to the ground the hapless Boyle. No harm no foul, good instincts from Cody to try the quick up. What he didn't count on was Phil Kessel being one of the worst glass canons in the league.

Now for some snark.

It was 100% Franson's fault and he is the reason the Leafs are awful defensively. Him and Gardiner. It's not the structural ineptitude and ubiquitous malaise of our soft as butter forwards.
it actually resulted in a goal. how anyone can say otherwise is puzzling.

puck never left the zone and it was a stupid bone head play.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Entertaining game, very happy we won. A couple more wins like this and we can all start talking (again) about how well we match up against Boston and Pittsburgh, how nobody in the East scares us and we only have to beat one team in the West to win the cup. ;)

Go Leafs Go.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Franson's risky play resulted in nothing for the Lightning, he was in good position to take care of any turnovers, and he did just that when he smashed to the ground the hapless Boyle. No harm no foul, good instincts from Cody to try the quick up. What he didn't count on was Phil Kessel being one of the worst glass canons in the league.

Now for some snark.

It was 100% Franson's fault and he is the reason the Leafs are awful defensively. Him and Gardiner. It's not the structural ineptitude and ubiquitous malaise of our soft as butter forwards.

Was just reading through this thread and wondered if you had even watched the game as you're on a bit of an Island regarding this play. The bolded explains a lot.

First goal was absolutely on Franson, 2nd on Kessel. This isn't even debatable.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
I actually thought we played a decent game and it was the Rags who were lucky to get out with a point. We gifted them 1 when we should of had a ROW win.

We did have am ROW win. ROW stand for regulation+overtime wins.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Kulemin is a monster. I'm really glad Nonis didn't ship him out yesterday.

Please resign him. He's the only guy who gives 100% effort levels every shift.

He was really good last night.
It appeared as though a few Players picked it up now that the deadline has passed, great to see.

how do you blame the dmen for the second shorty? that's all on 81

kicks one in the net? seriously?

off a stick off his leg. he didn't move his leg til it hit him.

if you played you would know how quickly that happened and there was no fault for 3 on that

laughable

There are some that certainly have some interesting interpretations of what they see.

I believe it was the Doobie Brothers who said,
"I may be blind but I don't like what I think I see."

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Rielly will be a GREAT player one day but he badly needs to work on his shot.

Not only that but he seems to have a really difficult time getting the puck thru defenders.

His skating and hockeysense alone will make him really good but it will come down to how much his shot and hands in close improve that will determine how elite he becomes.

At least thats one thing Franson is elite at.

I am not too worried about Rielly's shot. Pietrangelo doesn't have a good shot and he seems to have no problem racking up assists.

Rielly could be an assist machine when he's 2-3 years older, more confident in his game, #1 PP minutes etc.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Please keep Kulie on the line with Kadri and Lupul. **** Clarkson keep him on the 3rd line or put him on the 4th line for all I care.

Re-sign Kulie!!!!

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
How good was Kulemin last night?

Anybody wondering whether that 30 goal season was a fluke needs to watch this game. A monster along the boards, good positioning, forcing turnovers, generating offense. I don't know why he can't sustain this type of play game in and game out anymore, but he still clearly has the ability to play like he did in 2009.

Carlyle's continued insistence to go with Phaneuf/Franson as our first PP unit gave NY a point last night and nearly cost us the game. The two of them are great when the puck is in the zone but neither are good skaters, neither can bring the puck back in once its been cleared, and neither can recover from mistakes (either their own or of others). Put Gardiner/Franson and Phaneuf/Rielly together or some combination of that. That's 4 SHG against in 4 games.

Got the 2 points regardless, though. Could have done without the scare.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
yep one on his RW and one on his LW :laugh:

seriously though Bozak has really blossomed this year and may someday be acknowledged as more then a 3rd line guy

No, he's a black hole on the #1 line, a passenger, he's a fluke, he has to keep up his pace, he's got no skill, no chemistry with Kessel.

It's A lot more fun seeing him prove people wrong. ;)

ThePacific

Sep 17, 2013
+1 on Kule, what an absolute beast of a player.

Franson last night was flat out horrible, heck, even Ranger Danger played better.

hockeyfanz*

No, he's a black hole on the #1 line, a passenger, he's a fluke, he has to keep up his pace, he's got no skill, no chemistry with Kessel.

It's A lot more fun seeing him prove people wrong. ;)

I've been crapping on the guy since day one. Not a Bozak fan. I have to give him kudos for his play this season however. He played well last night and scored a couple of nice goals. Although I still don't believe the Leafs can go far with TyBo as their best centerman...I have to say that he is a pleasant surprise this year. Moreover, I really like his humble personality as he seems to be a great "team player".

I have to concede and give him credit for being a legit NHL caliber centerman which in the past I have questioned as many others have. Is he a legit #1C? I still can't stomach that.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I've been crapping on the guy since day one. Not a Bozak fan. I have to give him kudos for his play this season however. He played well last night and scored a couple of nice goals. Although I still don't believe the Leafs can go far with TyBo as their best centerman...I have to say that he is a pleasant surprise this year. Moreover, I really like his humble personality as he seems to be a great "team player".

I have to concede and give him credit for being a legit NHL caliber centerman which in the past I have questioned as many others have. Is he a legit #1C? I still can't stomach that.

No one says he has to be our best C. Hes certainly not being paid like an elite C. He just plays on our top line. If we miraculously acquired Eric Staal I wouldnt break up the top line for him. He'd go to the 2nd line

Last edited:

hockeyfanz*

No one says he has to be our best C. Hes certainly not being paid like an elite C. He just plays on our top line. If miraculously acquired Eric Staal I wouldnt break up the top line for him. He'd go to the 2nd line

Ummm currently he appears to be the Leafs best C. Who is better? Arguably Kadri is but I don't think he is there yet. The Leafs have nothing else to even consider as better. Bolland perhaps but he has played a handful of games so the sample size is too small...also will Bolland even be a Leaf next year?

Your Eric Staal remark is amusing. No way Bozak would play ahead of Staal on my team. No chance.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ummm currently he appears to be the Leafs best C. Who is better? Arguably Kadri is but I don't think he is there yet. The Leafs have nothing else to even consider as better. Bolland perhaps but he has played a handful of games so the sample size is too small...also will Bolland even be a Leaf next year?

Your Eric Staal remark is amusing. No way Bozak would play ahead of Staal on my team. No chance.

Nevermind, brain farted. Although I would still be very hesitant to break up our top line if we acquired a C of "greater" value. Crosby doesnt play with the Pens best wingers for example. He plays with whom he has chemistry with.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Nevermind, brain farted. Although I would still be very hesitant to break up our top line if we acquired a C of "greater" value. Crosby doesnt play with the Pens best wingers for example. He plays with whom he has chemistry with.

Just call JVR - Bozak - Kessel the 2nd line then to appease those stuck on labels.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

If Bolland is still looking for the kind of $'s and term thats been rumoured I would say not

if he agrees to 5 X 4.25 then more then likely as it least it's palatable and moveable

I'm kind of torn about Bolland as you can well tell, especially considering what i've seen so far from Holland, he may be the guy I'd be more interested as plugging into the 3rd line going forward

tough decisions for the Leafs down the middle to be sure but Bozak is cemented

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I don't care about #1C, legit #1C or whatever the terms are.

Bozak has come his own, he is the glue that makes our #1 line what it is offensively and defensively. He is also a very good player player on his own who brings winning skills to our team. At 4.2 he is a tremendous asset moving fwd.

To think he cannot help us move closer to a goal of a Stanley Cup is silly if you ask me, just about any team in the NHL could use a Tyler Bozak. This player helps a team, rather than hinders it. This is in full display this year.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I dont know how anyone can watch that first goal and not blame it solely on Franson.

Exactly, if Franson doesn't fumble around with the puck and gets stripped, nothing bad happens. All he had to do is move the puck quick and smartly, and all is good! :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad