Post-Game Talk: Leafs win! Set new Franchise points record!

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I only saw the last 10 minutes of the third but Dermott looked really good in those 10 minutes :laugh:

Funny. Last year everything seemed to go right for the Leafs to JUST squeak into the playoffs.

This season they seemingly had many more road blocks and stumbles, yet managed to power through and set a franchise best season for points.

Great regular season. Bring on the playoffs!

Dermott has looked great every single game, some gaffes for sure but overall really solid,

Reactions: weems

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Whatever happens in the playoffs it just feels amazing to have a team like we have.

People I know who havent cared one lick about the Leafs in years are buzzing with excitement.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
So glad the Leafs stepped up in the third!

I'll take a win over the Habs any day of the week and twice on Saturdays, baby!!!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
OK Leafs, go have a little fun tonight, optional skate followed by watching the Boston game tomorrow, practice Monday and Tuesday morning, then and head to Tampa.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Watching the replay of the Marleau goal, Price never had possession. He fanned on it as it came to his stick. He didn't stop the puck and go to fire it. Marner should get an assist on that play imo.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Watching the replay of the Marleau goal, Price never had possession. He fanned on it as it came to his stick. He didn't stop the puck and go to fire it. Marner should get an assist on that play imo.

Yes, but he went to the puck with no one around him, and although he fanned on the puck how can you give marner an assist on that?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Thought I'd add the player ratings for the season. In order:

Near Hart
Matthews 3.73

Elite
Marner 3.35
Nylander 3.30
Rielly 3.27
McElhinney 3.27
Kadri 3.21

Great
Gardiner 3.14
Dermott 3.14
Andersen 3.12
Kapanen 3.11
JvR 3.04

Good
Johnsson 3.00
Marleau 2.99
Brown 2.87
Bozak 2.81
Hyman 2.79
Hainsey 2.75

Mediocre
Zaitsev 2.69
Borgman 2.60
Plekanec 2.59
Carrick 2.57

Bad
Komarov 2.49
Moore 2.42
Martin 2.32
Polak 2.30

A couple of notes:
- Goaltenders. Remember that this is their average game rating. Work loads are not taken into account.
- Marner should probably be higher. I tended to not give him a lot of credit for a long time as I found him rather quiet outside PP production. In the end, he drove those PP results and that should have come through more.
- Results-wise, I've probably been harsh on Rielly. I tend to not give much credit to players for points where they didn't have a lot of impact, but I probably didn't give enough for how he did against top opposition.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Leafs 4 - Crappy Tire 2

20zw1vitflq01.png

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I'm looking at the all time records, I believe this is the first time that the Leafs have swept a 4 game regular season series against the toilet seats.

Heritage

Jan 17, 2016
Halifax
What a wonderful way to end a season!

Franchise record for points for the Leafs

Franchise record for wins by a goalie for Freddy

Saturday night win on Hockey Night in Canada over the Montreal Canadiens!

On to the Playoffs!!

Go Leafs Go!!!

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
And starting next season that's their $10.5 mill per year goalie ;)

Although the example is more about the term, than it is the AAV/cap-hit.... WHY HAVE SOME GM'S NOT LEARNED FROM THE DIPIETRO DEBACLE?!!?!?!!?! YOU DON'T PAY GOALIES THAT FREAKING MUCH!!!!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Just noticed that Montreal has 9 draft picks upcoming which includes four 2nd rounders ... If they're ever going to avoid the dark years, as the Leafs fell into, they need to capitalize on these picks (especially in the top 60).

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Nice to finally lock up that Raycroft record in a dark hole and throw away the key ;)

A beautiful last goal by Marleau (thanks Pricey) and what a perfect way to end the regular season by beating the Habs - how could you ask for anything more

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think you're asking for quite the gimme assist on that play.

Reactions: garce

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Nice to finally lock up that Raycroft record in a dark hole and throw away the key ;)

A beautiful last goal by Marleau (thanks Pricey) and what a perfect way to end the regular season by beating the Habs - how could you ask for anything more

I hate that Raycroft is in on that. It should have just been Belfour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad