Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Tampa! 4-3

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Agreed. Hope they don’t regret not adding some depth yesterday.

They did technically add Rosen, and he is decent depth.

Most of the depth guys available were not exactly amazing anyways.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
The atmosphere was great. The Bolts do a great job.

Bolt fans are awesome to talk to as well

Tampa is a fantastic place to see games. Been to a few there. I’m a Buccaneers fan, but haven’t seen them at home, but our road fans are some of the best in the league.

Reactions: danron1376

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
I know injuries aren’t excuse but just noticed Matthews and Barrie are the only players who have played all 64 games this season.

Reactions: unitedstars87

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
What a really terrible situation for our Defense overall. They did an admirable job out there tonight against the very best team in the league who were red hot. When Muzzin went down we were left with Tyson Barrie who has been like %75 his normal self, 2 stone cold rookies, 1 guy with under 80 games and the other at about 150. All in front of a goalie who has been shaky to say the least for a couple months.

Sure hope this isnt Muzzin out for a long time or its pretty much over for us I would think.

Hugh Jass

Dec 23, 2019
I mean, you have to essentially make Dermott-Holl the shut down pair. But, what alarms me most is downloading tough usage on to Barrie. He's a very specific type of player who clearly needs a certain type of usage. Giving him D-zone starts where he's expected to propel the 3rd line or match-up again a Stamkos-Kucherov line is horrifying.

Hugh Jass

Dec 23, 2019
There was a play with about 4.minutes left in the third. The puck bounced out to the high slot, right to point, i think it was.
Was that Dermott that tied him up and prevented a dangerous chance?
Know what im talking abiut? Hell of.a play whoever it was.

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
There was a play with about 4.minutes left in the third. The puck bounced out to the high slot, right to point, i think it was.
Was that Dermott that tied him up and prevented a dangerous chance?
Know what im talking abiut? Hell of.a play whoever it was.

If I'm not mistaken that was Clifford, 73, not Dermott, 23. Tied up the stick from behind.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
I just took a look at the Tampa GDT. Two Sens fans and a Devils fan in there ragging on the Leafs. I was surprised to not see the usual Canuck fans.

It's crazy how much the Lesfs are in their head. Maybe it hasn't been Leafs fans filling their failing arenas, it's been secretly them fulfilling their fascinations. Ha... so pathetic.

Reactions: Polaris1010

Hugh Jass

Dec 23, 2019
If I'm not mistaken that was Clifford, 73, not Dermott, 23. Tied up the stick from behind.
Thank you, i knew it ended with a 3, but couldnt tell for sure. Potential game saving play, wasnt mentioned on the broadcast. Glad someone else noticed.

Hugh Jass

Dec 23, 2019
I expect a discussion dominated by the Leafs terrible 3rd period play and nothing about the blatant game-management reffing that influenced the period.
I didnt think we were as bad as the stats indicated in the 3rd. Got better as the period went on.

Decent job keeping them to the outside, Freddy was solid and noticeable improvement winning battles and clearing the zone.

Not perfect, but not too bad. Tampas pretty good.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
It's always going to be tough to defend with 3/4 of your top 4 defenders out. And the remaining top 4 defenseman is the worst defender on the team

Bravo to everyone helping out and protecting the lead

Reactions: realgoodleafs

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I just took a look at the Tampa GDT. Two Sens fans and a Devils fan in there ragging on the Leafs. I was surprised to not see the usual Canuck fans.

It's crazy how much the Lesfs are in their head. Maybe it hasn't been Leafs fans filling their failing arenas, it's been secretly them fulfilling their fascinations. Ha... so pathetic.
Honestly, I can see Sens fans-Battle of Ontario and Habs fans-Original Six, being hateful toward us due to the rivalries. I have no idea why Nucks, Flames, Oilers and Jets fans hate us. They all treat Leafs as their rival which in reality, most Leafsnation don’t care.

SuperHockeyFanSN

Feb 19, 2020
Good goaltending and good special teams show exactly what this team is capable of.

This game shows you the delusions of the people who want to blow up the core or make drastic moves.

WITHOUT RIELLY we beat arguably the best team in the NHL, we basically could've beaten the SCF last year without our legit 2c Kadri in the entire series.....

This team when on is indeed a contender.

Stay

The

Course

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Honestly, I can see Sens fans-Battle of Ontario and Habs fans-Original Six, being hateful toward us due to the rivalries. I have no idea why Nucks, Flames, Oilers and Jets fans hate us. They all treat Leafs as their rival which in reality, most Leafsnation don’t care.

A lot of it is due to the coverage the Leafs get in the media. Reality is Toronto is the biggest city and the cater to viewerdhip to drive up revenue.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
A lot of it is due to the coverage the Leafs get in the media. Reality is Toronto is the biggest city and the cater to viewerdhip to drive up revenue.
Completely agree. You can pretty much find groups of Leafs fans in any cities in Canada but you can’t say the same about the other teams.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Look at this crap and tell me it isn't a penalty. I don't care what kind of game it is.

If the Leafs do this, I can guarantee you it's a 2 minute.

Nope.
Our Captain has gotta take a small hit.
I love JT but he shoulda got 2.
Embellishment.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Keefe said post game the team gathered themselves after going down early, and he made a couple tactical adjustments which the guys caught on quickly.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
wow just wow! what are you talking about, making fun of every leaf in the GDT and than post this nonsense, not sure about you!
Just another day at the office for that guy.Never makes sense just wants to be negative all the time. If its sunny he hates the sun all day.

Reactions: rubous

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Good start - that's what this is - a new start to a new beginning.

Try to keep it going. Bring your lunch pails boys.

horner

May 22, 2007
They did technically add Rosen, and he is decent depth.

Most of the depth guys available were not exactly amazing anyways.
Would signing Bogo have been the worst thing .
I really don't get Dubas .
Considering we had 2 dman you injured and now Muzzin gets is .Won of the top team in the league league thought it might be a good idea .
It's not like we didn't have the cap space . Johnson being gone for the season .

horner

May 22, 2007
I have never been afraid of tbay as a playoff apponent .
They seem be like us defensively sloppy.
The pressure on them this year will be enormous .
Then Pittsburgh - Murray isn't what he was two yrs ago and Nd there other goaltender they picked up on waivers this summer.
Washington - average goaltending
Boston avoid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->