Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Tampa! 4-3

member 300185

So what's up with Muzzin's injury? I didn't watch. Did he come back or is he out? If so, how bad?

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Great bounce back after Saturday's embarrassment. Sandin and Liljegren had a tough night but they will be fine; not sure it is a good idea to play two rookies together.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Just finished watching the game.

I liked Demott's game big time. Between the Knees-lander was very good too. Marner & JT responded better and the latter dealt with MAJOR interference as usual that never gets called.

I liked the special teams effort from team. The officiating and obvious game-management by the refs made the game closer than it should have been in the 3rd, and almost could've easily given Tampa a free point if they tied it.

Team knows they have to string together some wins. Go get another on Thursday. Clean up a bit of the sloppiness and Matthews should rebound with better game so I like our chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: unitedstars87

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Another on the edge of my seat win. William becoming a superstar. JT showed up in a big way as well, welcome back. LOL! Marner still looking for Mathews a little too often.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Holl ate up lots of minutes last night. This guy in many ways is close to the MVP of team. With all the injuries the Leafs have had without his emergence things would be tail spinning. Hoping Jake is ok I think he has really helped Holl emerge.

If the Leafs put in a stinker against Florida this win as nice as it was means nothing. The scrutiny is on since all these players are being paid big money now, you can't just show up when you want. I want to see focus the rest of the season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Holl ate up lots of minutes last night. This guy in many ways is close to the MVP of team. With all the injuries the Leafs have had without his emergence things would be tail spinning. Hoping Jake is ok I think he has really helped Holl emerge.

He did have a couple bad mistakes but also he made some plays defensively that were really good, especially in 3rd period. He's just playing way above his head in minutes and quality of opponents... but I think he did as well as he could.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
i wanted to slap Marner when he gave away the puck twice in one pp
i hope we gon win vs Florida
we have a young team and i do hope that legendary embarrasment finally beat some maturity into their heads
this is a good team but needs to mature and needs to play like they want it this year and not be like "theres the next season and im gon have at least one more decade to win"

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
Grade A game.. they handled the Tampa pressure much better than vs the Canes. Just need to learn how to generate more shots for stoppages on the O zone if they can't keep up physically going through the 3rd's. Then they can start doing set plays off the draws instead of rush plays or dump and chases.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Would signing Bogo have been the worst thing .
I really don't get Dubas .
Considering we had 2 dman you injured and now Muzzin gets is .Won of the top team in the league league thought it might be a good idea .
It's not like we didn't have the cap space . Johnson being gone for the season .
It takes two to tango though, and Tampa is a way more appealing market for a guy like that than Toronto. Better team, better weather, more affordable city, not to mention he's American and has been living in America so it would be easier on any family he has as well.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It takes two to tango though, and Tampa is a way more appealing market for a guy like that than Toronto. Better team, better weather, more affordable city, not to mention he's American and has been living in America so it would be easier on any family he has as well.
All true.
Although going from Buffalo to Toronto would be the least disruptive for his family.

Reactions: Alerion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->