Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Buffalo

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Should probably start with getting support like that at home first

Last thing Samsonov needs is a big contract that comes up every time he has a bad game. Seems like someone that needs short show me contracts for his own sake.
Wishful thinking but I don’t think he and his agent will see it that way.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
You guys remember many years ago when the Leafs got eliminated from the playoff race late in the season and then they had to play Buffalo (who was a top team in the league) and Andrew Peters did the golf swing? Feels nice to watch them be a perpetual disappointment, wish Domi or Bert or whoever else would've done the golf swing taunt back to them.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Wishful thinking but I don’t think he and his agent will see it that way.

Yeah him going to a smaller market for more money and term is probably the right outcome for everyone, he just can’t take that deal in Toronto or he’s gonna come out of it as a Reimer/Bernier tier backup you settle on when your first choice signs elsewhere.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I'm glad to see the Leafs finally beat a shitty team.

Seems like these are the type of games they always lose. History has shown they play down to the competition. History has also shown they don't rise up to a challenge.

History has not been kind to this team.

The only consistency is how inconsistent they are. Would be nice to see them perform at this level more often. For a team that's supposed to be a Stanley Cup contender they take a lot of nights off.

Complacency is the exact opposite of the killer instinct they lack.

Yeah it was a meaningless win against a shitty team. But a win is still a win. And at this time of season you want the team as hot as possible.

It's just too bad they didn't get another four goals.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Hard to justify keeping Robertson out of the lineup when everyone is healthy, especially Dewar over him. I know Dewar plays the pk but I don’t see him having more of an impact than Robertson.
If Dewar can manage to help our PK not be absolute cheeks then that is him making a pretty massive impact honestly lol that said need the PK to actually come through in the next two games against better powerplays lol

Reactions: egd27

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
If Dewar can manage to help our PK not be absolute cheeks then that is him making a pretty massive impact honestly lol that said need the PK to actually come through in the next two games against better powerplays lol
He has been extremely underwhelming and I just don’t see anything special in him that warrants him in the lineup instead of Nick.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Watching the game, we saw every player hustle, on nearly every play. Battling for pucks, trying to get to the puck first... and that included the PK too. That's two whole games in a row, where we competed hard. It seems they got the message.... Whether they can do continue to work that hard, that's another question.

pdson

Apr 14, 2014
I'm glad to see the Leafs finally beat a shitty team.

Seems like these are the type of games they always lose. History has shown they play down to the competition. History has also shown they don't rise up to a challenge.

History has not been kind to this team.

The only consistency is how inconsistent they are. Would be nice to see them perform at this level more often. For a team that's supposed to be a Stanley Cup contender they take a lot of nights off.

Complacency is the exact opposite of the killer instinct they lack.

Yeah it was a meaningless win against a shitty team. But a win is still a win. And at this time of season you want the team as hot as possible.

It's just too bad they didn't get another four goals.
And if they did get another 4 goals you would be complaining they didn't get 8 . Your a broken record

Reactions: Mr_Fun and kb

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
On goal 60. So much happened on that sequence. Domi chips it out of the Leaf end nearly setting up a 2-1, but it goes right Byram. “Ohh, damn that was close, wait, Byron has no stick, why did Byram drop his stick, geez Matthews strips it off him , in ALONE!!!! No! Damn , Finnish goaltender (with the name so long it’s faster to describe his long name) made a good save. Wait Byram kicks it right back to Matthews in the corner, Matthews tries to bank it and HITS THE POST!!! Wait now the Finnish goalie has dropped HIS stick, Matthews gets it again out-muscles behemoth Tage Thompson, pass to the point mayhem in front as Bertuzzi skates moving the goalies stick further away, Timmins all alone at the point and shoots it, off Matthews skate to his stick and there is a wide open net…Thompson dives behind his goalie to no avail, probably thinking to himself, I’ll never score 60, but I’m watching Matthews score it right now. MATTHEWS SCORES,……No goal horn just an eruption of noise from the massive leaf crowd.

That was a fun way to score his 60th

Last edited:

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
And if they did get another 4 goals you would be complaining they didn't get 8 . Your a broken record

If only there was a way you couldn't see people's posts.

Wouldn't that solve a lot of problems. Like an invisibility button or something. Then you wouldn't have to distress yourself reading my comments anymore.

Because ignoring them on your own is apparently too hard to do.

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
He has been extremely underwhelming and I just don’t see anything special in him that warrants him in the lineup instead of Nick.
I kept reading Dewar was a hard-nosed player, but he's been pretty vanilla. Not sure what he does out there, new team/new system so I'll give him a pass. Feels like Dewar's in the lineup cause we traded for him.

See what he does next season, can't help but think he's the Kampf replacement.

Reactions: leafers

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
What a great night--all the way from the anthems (😍) to Matthews scoring #60, Sammy spectacular with the shutout, and Leafs fans taking over the building!

Reactions: PromisedLand

pdson

Apr 14, 2014
If only there was a way you couldn't see people's posts.

Wouldn't that solve a lot of problems. Like an invisibility button or something. Then you wouldn't have to distress yourself reading my comments anymore.

Because ignoring them on your own is apparently too hard to do.
Trust me no distress here your not that important

Reactions: kb

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Really nice to see NickRob playing with some piss and vinegar the past game and a half or so….really finishing checks. He was greasier in junior and the A, and part of what made him effective. Hope to see more of it.

Also loved seeing the penalty kill being more aggressive, pressuring the puck.

Pretty badly outshot in this one. Need to keep pushing to transition that improved effort into offensive chances. Gonna be a fun week of watching good games.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Liljegren sure picked a bad time to get injured. Timmins with two assists last night and looking not out of place might steal his RHD slot for the playoffs.

Seeing all the fans in Buffalo going nuts and the big golden 60 balloon in stands was a nice touch. Now Matthews can relax and focus on being primed for the playoffs. Would be nice if he got 65.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad