Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win. Hurrah

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Pathetic Reimer strikes early. We didn't know this was a sign of things to come in the 3rd period

Way to slow to react, and than does a typical Reimer swim. I guess we blame the defence though

Reimer goes for a swim, and leaves the net open for Lucic

Deep in his net, and he won't ever makes saves with his glove, so a predictable goal. Blame the team though I guess

Why now finish off the worst callapse in history with a Reimer swim. One of the worst pressure game goaltending performances ever. At least he smiled after the game though.

The guy isnt a strarter, and 31 teams seems to believe that. A good backup. thats what he is

Reactions: The Rat King

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I mean you have to be joking. Or maybe you don't realize your bias.

If the leafs' defense let a pass get across the crease to a man standing in the crease, and let that guy turn and shoot that puck against a goalie coming across as quick as he can, the defense would be getting brutalized for their awful play.

He shot that literally from inside the crease. at a goalie moving post to post. with the dman doing nothing to impede the shot.

I can really say that freddy does not get blamed for missing unimpeded shots from the top of the crease.

Can you really say with a straight face that you wouldn't be dumping all over the leafs' D if they let up that chance, and saying "andy could have had it but man the defense has to be better"?

If Andy makes a save on an apparently easy chance like that - like he did at the end of this game - he gets praised as a GAMESAVER.

For the last time Zeke, Kadri was NOT in the crease. The only player in the crease was the goalie. How do you expect people to take you seriously when you keep insisting Kadri was in the crease? Seriously man, watch the replay again, in slow motion if you have to, this is just silly now.

As to the goalie moving post to post goes, I'm sure you're aware that goalies do that all the time, maybe a hundred times per game. Are you saying that it's OK to let that goal in - because he was ... moving? And he was moving pretty slow, had all the time in the world, had unimpeded vision, saw the puck going to Kadri, positioned himself perfectly square up to the shooter and ... let it through his legs. Watch his reaction after, that should tell you everything you need to know, that kind of goal happens but the goalie has that 99 times out of 100. Just amazing that you you're defending him, dumping on Freddie and calling others biased.

Reactions: egd27

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Pathetic Reimer strikes early. We didn't know this was a sign of things to come in the 3rd period

Way to slow to react, and than does a typical Reimer swim. I guess we blame the defence though

Reimer goes for a swim, and leaves the net open for Lucic

Deep in his net, and he won't ever makes saves with his glove, so a predictable goal. Blame the team though I guess

Why now finish off the worst callapse in history with a Reimer swim. One of the worst pressure game goaltending performances ever. At least he smiled after the game though.

The guy isnt a strarter, and 31 teams seems to believe that. A good backup. thats what he is

I can't watch, too painful. I always liked Reimer though and was one of the few defending him when people were dumping on him (and even this collapse I would say wasn't all his fault) but that was painful and I agree, he's a good backup.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
For the last time Zeke, Kadri was NOT in the crease. The only player in the crease was the goalie. How do you expect people to take you seriously when you keep insisting Kadri was in the crease? Seriously man, watch the replay again, in slow motion if you have to, this is just silly now.

As to the goalie moving post to post goes, I'm sure you're award that goalies do that all the time, maybe a hundred times per game. Are you saying that it's OK to let that goal in - because he was ... moving? And he was moving pretty slow, had all the time in the world, had unimpeded vision, saw the puck going to Kadri, positioned himself perfectly square up to the shooter and ... let it through his legs. Watch his reaction after, that should tell you everything you need to know, that kind of goal happens but the goalie has that 99 times out of 100. Just amazing that you you're defending him, dumping on Freddie and calling others biased.

When things goes wrong. Make up something illogical to blame Freddy.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I can't watch, too painful. I always liked Reimer though and was one of the few defending him when people were dumping on him (and even this collapse I would say wasn't all his fault) but that was painful and I agree, he's a good backup.

I liked Reimer a lot too and defended him many times, but the way some people cant let go of him emotionally it seems, is kind of pathetic. Its not like he was this hall of fame goalie or anything, so why the affection? Especially when we have a clear upgrade(all though Freddy is struggling right now).

Reactions: The Rat King

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I liked Reimer a lot too and defended him many times, but the way some people cant let go of him emotionally it seems, is kind of pathetic. Its not like he was this hall of fame goalie or anything, so why the affection? Especially when we have a clear upgrade(all though Freddy is struggling right now).
you are literally the person this sentence applies to the most

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
they're about as close as you can get. If you didn't have such an extreme hatred for Reimer you would see that.

And if you didnt have an extreme love affair with Reimer, you would see Freddy is an upgrade. Especially considering Reimer didnt care how he played

member 262271

This thread is a god damned tire fire. How hard is it to notice, those of you blaming Andersen for everything, that there is more blame to go around? I swear it's just tunnel vision around here and this whole bringing Reimer back up and dragging him through the mud is pathetic.

Reactions: egd27

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nah, easy enough to point out the legitimate issues right now. Hopefully he snaps out of it soon.
Fair enough. My issue is people blaming him for the 1st 2 goals. Not saying it was you. The 3rd goal is just horrendous. An NHL goalie has to have that.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are Reimer and Andersen's career stats in March. Around the month the stretch drive starts. I didnt include April because there are less games played, and teams dont play the entire month.

Andersen

GAA:2.27

SV% .918

Reimer

GAA: 2.62

SV% .910

So Andersen steps up in important times.
On the other hand, Reimer is a choker.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This thread is a god damned tire fire. How hard is it to notice, those of you blaming Andersen for everything, that there is more blame to go around? I swear it's just tunnel vision around here and this whole bringing Reimer back up and dragging him through the mud is pathetic.

Is there even one example of that?

member 262271

Is there even one example of that?
See: Any GDT where we lose. Post after post trashing Andersen with not even an attempt of acknowledging any other problem, even if it's super in your face obvious.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
See: Any GDT where we lose. Post after post trashing Andersen with not even an attempt of acknowledging any other problem, even if it's super in your face obvious.
Like I said I haven't seen it but I don't read all posts. He played well last night but not good enough for me because of the 3rd goal.
Lots of problems with this Team, he's just one of them.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Fair enough. My issue is people blaming him for the 1st 2 goals. Not saying it was you. The 3rd goal is just horrendous. An NHL goalie has to have that.
I'll say I don't blame him on the second goal but I don't like his movement and how he's getting lost so often. It's one of the reasons were seeing so many deflection goals.

If he's "on" he follows that shot to the post rather than sprawling and is in a position to react.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
No need to panic. Freddy got the Leafs in the playoffs last year and was unbelievable. He was great in the first few games this season, has had a couple decent ones, a few not so hot. Every goalie goes through it. Leafs are playing great overall.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Like I said I haven't seen it but I don't read all posts. He played well last night but not good enough for me because of the 3rd goal.
Lots of problems with this Team, he's just one of them.

OK not good enough, that's fair. Basically all because of one bad goal, the rest of the game he was very good, at least I can't fault him on the other two goals and he made a ton of great saves so yeah, one mistake all night. How was the rest of the team as a whole?

That's a question I used to ask when people were dumping on Reimer. There were games where we were just horrible at the start, they came at us in waves, Reimer made a ton of stops and then finally, inevitably they scored. And people here were saying "you just can't give up that first goal" and I was saying come on now, what about the rest of the team who didn't even show up?

So what about last night? Andersen except for the one goal he should he should have had was great. The rest of the team was great at the start, then at some point they stopped skating and got outplayed by a wide margin, than in OT got outplayed even worse with Andersen bailing them out again and again.

If I had to choose, I'd say that Andersen was better than the rest of the team in aggregate. I think it's not a landslide though and I can understand people saying it's close, maybe I can even understand people thinking Andersen was worse than the rest of them taken as a whole. What I can not understand is people just ignoring the mediocre play of the team in front of him and spending all their energy blaming Andersen.

Reactions: CanadasTeam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad