Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clammer

Dec 4, 2008
I actually don’t even know where we fit johnsson and Moore on this team. We are way too stacked on forwards

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Missed the game but glad they win. Good thing is the team was always leading. From the highlights, defence needs to be tighter but it is improving. PK and PP were good and Willie finally start shooting instead of aiming

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The more I read the GDT and PGT after the game, the more I believe in the idea that this board has more trolls than most. We lose and they're out in hordes, we win and you can hear a pin drop.

About 50 years ago we had a guest speaker at our auditorium and he said, "When you lose say little, when you win say nothing."

The saying little doesn't seem to be popular here.

Reactions: meefer

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Think about this
Boston has had a hell of a year so far
And we haven’t until recently
And they are only 10 points up on us
5 game swing away from making this interesting
I’m going on the limb and saying we are going to overtake them
You heard it here first
Love the optimism Teeder. For that to happen we need consistency from our stars and for Rielly to become our No. 1 again. Their defensive zone coverage has to improve as well.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

Here we have people wanting to trade him. Keefe loves Nylander.

I like how he mentioned hard to knock off the puck.

I've always noticed this guys core and lower body strength is one of the best on the team.

Nylander will be like Marchand. When he's in his prime he will be in that position where the guys who used to shut him down have aged, the guys younger than him can't shut him down, and he's at least equal or better than the majority of his peers and inferior to a short list of them i.e The Matthews, Mackinnon's etc. of the league.

I'm fine with 60 points throughout his first 1-5 years in the league with a string of point per game seasons for another 4-5 until he becomes an oldie of the league. That's a huge win. Those who want him traded just because he's not a top 20 player at the age of 23 are drunk.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I like how he mentioned hard to knock off the puck.

I've always noticed this guys core and lower body strength is one of the best on the team.

Nylander will be like Marchand. When he's in his prime he will be in that position where the guys who used to shut him down have aged, the guys younger than him can't shut him down, and he's at least equal or better than the majority of his peers and inferior to a short list of them i.e The Matthews, Mackinnon's etc. of the league.
While I know where you are coming from that comparison might be one for the ages;)

Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
While I know were you are coming from that comparison might be one for the ages;)

haha I didn't mean exact. More the circumstances that make a player finally reach his potential. Nylander will be in an ideal spot age wise soon.

Although nobody ever saw Marchand putting up these crazy stats so maybeeee Nylander can hit that 100 point pace at least once when he's 29 or something.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Solid game all around by the Buds. Pounded on and dominated a team they should have beat. The big three all shone in this game. And the team got contributions from some of the lesser players on the scoresheet.

2 points in the bank and on to the next one. Keep ‘er rolling.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Playing really well recently.

Nylander has another gear. Let's see if he can unlock that this year. Also, please put Engvall on the Matthew's line.

3rd line is dam good recently.

Tavares line had its ups and downs tonight, but has been very good as of late.

Holl-Muzzin have been amazing.

Barrie still looks useless all over the ice.

The defending in front of the net has to be cleaned up.

WildWolfdog

Dec 4, 2008
looking forward to next season full season with keefe. I hope we make the playoffs this season but we may be just too far back but keep cheering it on until we mathematically can’t make it

I don't understand this line of thinking.

How are we in danger of missing the playoffs or too far back? Seriously. We are tied with the Habs for 2nd in the division with 1 more game played. And we have like 50 games left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad