Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-4 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Barrie is so disappointing man...he's just not getting it done. Never thought Ceci would be more useful than him with this lineup.

I don't know about that, Barrie had that beaut of a goal against the Canes that tied the game. Something is definitely up with Reilly, he has to be playing through an injury, he was Norris caliber last year and now he's no better than Gardiner.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Rewatching parts of the game and I am still furious at the Hyman embellishment penalty. Even when the other team commits an obvious penalty they have to try and even it up because it's late in the game.

Oh yeah, we've been a part of many phantom penalties and the worse part is when the opponent scores on that PP. However this time, the hockey gods were watching, and although Nylander did all the work, those hockey gods made sure we got the win. It doesn't always work that way but it feels great when it does.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Interesting tidbit.

Tampa Bay, starting tonight, plays 13 games by Jan 17th.

Including last night and tonight, we don’t play our 13th game until Feb 1. Nearly double the time.

So either Tampa Bay is going to catch up quickly, OR, we all the extra rest we have, we can put some separation

Yeah, and their next 5 games are against Buf, Det, Habs twice and Ott. I'm sure this is where they will go on a winning streak so we better keep on winning. Matter of fact, for all their games in Jan, they aren't playing any really tough opponents (maybe Philly, Coyotes, Minn, Canes). So if the Bolts can't do it now in Jan, I don't think they ever will or they are just trying to get rid of Cooper.

Last edited:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Barrie are you serious
I don't want him resigned for $5 he is useless defensively zero strength gets pushed of the puck all of the time.
His offense is not good enough to cover up for his defensive mistakes.

Resign Muzzin

Depends on the price, yes. This has really been his one bad year and he struggled under Babcock but hes done alright with Keefe. Why cant he have a better year with us next year?

If he still wants 8 and refuses to come down well Mr. Barrie your Uber to Pearson airport will be arriving shortly.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Depends on the price, yes. This has really been his one bad year and he struggled under Babcock but hes done alright with Keefe. Why cant he have a better year with us next year?

If he still wants 8 and refuses to come down well Mr. Barrie your Uber to Pearson airport will be arriving shortly.

Since Keefe was hired;

- 1st among Leafs D in EV GF%
- 1st among Leafs D in EV xGF%
- 3rd among Leafs D in EV CF%
- 2nd among Leafs D in EV GA/60
- 3rd among Leafs D in EV xGA/60
- 1st among Leafs D in EV P
- 1st among Leafs D in EV Primary P
- 3rd among Leafs D in EV Give/Take
- 2nd among Leafs D in EV giveaways
- 3rd among Leafs D in EV blocks

but he had a poor game last night so off with his head

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Since Keefe was hired;

Thank you very much for providing this.

Barrie has actually been very good under Keefe yet he still gets smeared on here non-stop.

Reactions: kb

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The **** that Nylander has to deal with on a daily basis is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if one day he wants out of Toronto just because of it. It's never ending, and it doesn't matter what he does Sportsnet will still find the smallest mistake to magnify it and broadcast it to the world.

Must be exhausting. I know players say they don't pay attention to the media but it's hard to ignore it forever.

Nylander's getting the Kessel treatment even when the team is winning.

Pisses me off how ignorant the media is.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Since Keefe was hired;

Exactly. Personally I dont give a crap for advanced stats but the rest of those are straight up legit. A lot of players have improved in my opinion since Keefe took over. Maybe one day Keefe will teach Reilly to take a damn slap shot from the blue line. Not that floaty ********* throw it at the net and hope it banks off 3 skates 4 shinpads and in. I'd be more concerned if Dufus re-signs Ceci then I would Barrie. Ceci is worse, not Barrie.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Thank you very much for providing this.

Barrie has actually been very good under Keefe yet he still gets smeared on here non-stop.

Because he was exceptionally bad under Babcock and people here have a hard time letting that go.

In terms of possession, in terms of goals against, in terms of expected goals against, in terms of expected goals for, in terms of shot attempts for and again, giveaways vs takeaways, he's been one of our best since Keefe has been brought on.

Was he good last night? Nope. Neither was Matthews, Marner, Rielly, Muzzin, and a decent chunk of our team.

Reactions: IPS and CelticDruid

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Nylander's getting the Kessel treatment even when the team is winning.

Pisses me off how ignorant the media is.

The narrative concerning Nylander is way over the top and the media looks rather foolish in their attempts to smear him.

Sportsnet is the worse with Burkie leading the way.

Burke said that he would be traded by now........... crickets.

Reactions: kb and saffronleaf

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Best thing about last night's game was that Hutch got the start. Babcock would have started Andersen for sure, so glad he's gone.

What's Hutch now, 2-0 under Keefe?

Let's keep rolling tonight baby!

I might be wrong but I think he's 2-1.

But yes, I'm glad he played and even happier that we got 2 points out of the game.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Rewatching parts of the game and I am still furious at the Hyman embellishment penalty. Even when the other team commits an obvious penalty they have to try and even it up because it's late in the game.
Officiating in the NHL is completely broken, not many even talk about how absurd the whole idea of "balancing out penalties" is... but it is well known this is how officials work. How about the league starts calling penalties based on merit?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Officiating in the NHL is completely broken, not many even talk about how absurd the whole idea of "balancing out penalties" is... but it is well known this is how officials work. How about the league starts calling penalties based on merit?
The WWNHL. I've said it for years, and it's only getting worse.

What's next, storylines?

If that is truly the criteria for calling penalties, stop calling it sport. Call it "entertainment on ice" or some garbage.

Reactions: TDotMassive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad