Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-4 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
- 1st period was saying that Nylander was a passenger on the Tavares/Mik line will be off that line by the 2nd period
- After 3 point night and scoring winner, he gave him a backhanded compliment.."Played 4 good minutes throughout the night" - Burke

Christ what a tool. This coming from the guy who mortgaged this franchises future on Phil Kessel.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Good game with out any thugs. :clap: Back. Clap back.

Y'all already knew. If we ain't got thugs , we ain't winning these easily. This game would have been 1-5 if a one thug under God would have been around. Tha sparkler, getting the team going and all. We ain'ts have that. We have EVERYTHANG else. Mane we good. Offensive oriented and scary like that. We ain't got D nore Thugs/thug. Dubas dumb like that. Lou know this. He leading, winning. Scoring. Getting conferense wins. Mayne we bout to be like that there. :leaf: :maple leaf:

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Hutch was fine and made a couple saves. Could have done better on 2 goals but didn't have much chance with another 2.

Sportsnet:

3 Star: William Nylander - Overtime winner :laugh:

Last edited:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
We will see Muzz next year, I'd put a bet on it. He's a local boy and he's been our best D by a wide margin, and the only guy to put any fear into opponents. Dubas traded for him, he will resign him. Barrie and Ceci are gone though, no doubt.
Ceci gone, for sure. as far as Barrie goes, I'm not so sure on that. Some have said on HF hes asking for 8mill or whatever in his new contract. I'd prefer to listen to actual insiders. With numbers hes putting up this year if he REALLY wants 8 he could be sitting a long time. If we can free up some cap space to get Muzzin and Barrie done i'm all for it.

Also please for the love of God quit calling up Marincin. I dont know how much longer his contract goes for but I'm done with notifications almost every week saying that we've recalled him. Stop.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Ceci gone, for sure. as far as Barrie goes, I'm not so sure on that. Some have said on HF hes asking for 8mill or whatever in his new contract. I'd prefer to listen to actual insiders. With numbers hes putting up this year if he REALLY wants 8 he could be sitting a long time. If we can free up some cap space to get Muzzin and Barrie done i'm all for it.

Also please for the love of God quit calling up Marincin. I dont know how much longer his contract goes for but I'm done with notifications almost every week saying that we've recalled him. Stop.

Barrie tends to go on hot streaks later into the season, wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the mid 50s by the end of the year. I don't think that's worth 8, but it certainly makes it a reasonable starting point for negotiations. I could see him settling on something around 6.5-7.5 depending on term.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hutch was fine and made a couple saves. Could have done better on 2 goals but didn't have much chance with another 2.

Sportsnet:

3 Star: William Nylander - Overtime winner :laugh:
Not just Sportsnet. The French telecast I caught the end of had Tavares 1st star and two Devils 2nd and 3rd.
Three stars is completely meaningless.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Barrie tends to go on hot streaks later into the season, wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the mid 50s by the end of the year. I don't think that's worth 8, but it certainly makes it a reasonable starting point for negotiations. I could see him settling on something around 6.5-7.5 depending on term.

Hell naww! I would trade him at the deadline and get a decent return for him, but of course that would never happen so I would just let him walk in the offseason and spend that money elsewhere. I'm tired of watching Leafs Dmen not being able to play solid defense. Give Lily a spot and maybe even Sandin or someone else who can play some decent defense.

Barrie can put up points, but that's not good enough in my eyes to keep him.

Reactions: MyBudJT

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica

Is there really much diferance between Barrie and Shattenkirk ( I mean the Shattenkirk in his previous life b4 he signed with the Rangers. Hes certainly flopped since.)

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
When Nylander decides he's going to perform a takeaway, he rarely fails.

Made me think of those The Most Important Man In The World ads

s5tXldl.jpg

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Awful defense basically gifted the Devils all goals. I liked the Tavares line the Matthews line not so much.
This.

Puck on redline

C7416D9C-93AC-4AF0-B4E3-E3D8ECA6CD1B.png

Rielly needs to win this battle.

B009BB42-3A02-4572-8D65-D1D928C4D884.png

Palmeilleri just grabs the puck and shoots an open shot in the net.

poor

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The shit that Nylander has to deal with on a daily basis is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if one day he wants out of Toronto just because of it. It's never ending, and it doesn't matter what he does Sportsnet will still find the smallest mistake to magnify it and broadcast it to the world.

Must be exhausting. I know players say they don't pay attention to the media but it's hard to ignore it forever.

Reactions: Wendelstache

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
lol at this game
the Leafs under Keefe (who i adore) are a highly entertaining team
i have so much fun watching Leafs games now
gave away the puck like 82488 times
and gave a point to the Devils
but scored 4 awesome goals and the 5th one:. Nylander deserved something for his play just before that

im entertained
and we are in a po spot
im a happy Leafs fan right now

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Rewatching parts of the game and I am still furious at the Hyman embellishment penalty. Even when the other team commits an obvious penalty they have to try and even it up because it's late in the game.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
The Leafs did a lot of good things. I thought they played a strong possession game for the most part and controlled the puck in NJs zone for long stretches of time.

However, they are still making mind-numbingly bad decisions with the puck in their end and, occasionally on the opponents blue line. Clean those up and that's a 4 or 5-1 win. The silver lining is that they are playing a much stronger systems game that generates lots of offense, imo.

Reactions: therealkoho

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
"NyLanDer Doesn'T GO to tHe Net."

2001 called they want their goofy typing back

That’s the Kris Russell special boys

the 'Caber special:nod:

Hockey Gods were so shocked that nylander back checked so they were like, here lets reward him with an own goal

totally lawled

Burke fuming right now

why do you think he would be?

Hoping for the best for Mikheyev. Reports so far don't seem good.

If he's out for a significant amount of time, I wonder if we give Bracco an opportunity to show if he's an NHL player.

yeah that freak injury thing suck's hard, guy has been steadily improving all year, the upside is maybe the Leafs can sit down with him and his bride and work out an extension. Bracco is nowhere ready to be an NHL player, if anything Brooks or maybe Mango is ready to play

Christ what a tool. This coming from the guy who mortgaged this franchises future on Phil Kessel.

it's the past let it stay there fer cripes sake, seriously do you relive every one of your failures(whatever they may be) on a regular basis?

Burke obviously doesn't like the guy, because he doesn't believe Willy is the kind of guy you can win in the playoffs with. I don't think he's too far wrong with that notion. There are still too many incidents of lack of effort for me to totally embrace the guy, I've said this a million times and I'll say it again, Willy has elite skill, he has all the tools to be a huge star, but his tool box is lacking and it holds him back, that's not a complaint it's just the reality. He's currently on pace for 32/34 which isn't anything to sniff at, but he has to be committed and fully engaged to get there. Something that he's not known for, but can hopefully, finally put behind him.

Reactions: draeko17

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The **** that Nylander has to deal with on a daily basis is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if one day he wants out of Toronto just because of it. It's never ending, and it doesn't matter what he does Sportsnet will still find the smallest mistake to magnify it and broadcast it to the world.

Must be exhausting. I know players say they don't pay attention to the media but it's hard to ignore it forever.
:rolleyes:

it's not just sportsnet TSN does it too

Reactions: Walshy7

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Can we trade the reporters on Tsn and Sportsnet instead of Nylander?

They all getting fired because no one is watching...so it is happening slowly

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If Ceci had made the mistakes Barrie did tonight, some Leafs fans would have continued the rant to trade Ceci at any cost. But the teflon tandem of Reilly and Barrie can't get criticism.
Barrie and Rielly have been our most criticized D around here.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Barrie is so disappointing man...he's just not getting it done. Never thought Ceci would be more useful than him with this lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad