Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This preseason is really underling the urgent need to cost control Nylander's contract because Marner going to get considerably more when compared.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Marner is looking to have a 90+ point season

Marner Matthews and Tavares on the PP is like my dream team on NHL on PS4. So deadly. It’s about time Babcock did this. KEEP EM TOGETHER!!!!

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
While I watched the game last night I kept thinking of the draft day when I was hoping Arizona would draft Marner so we could have Strome...

I'm still ashamed of myself... :(

I was watching the draft at the local sports bar and was a nervous wreck. I wanted Marner all along, and when Hunter called his name I dropped to my knees with tears of joy in my eyes and thanked GOD.

This was the new beginning for the Leafs. You are seeing why I wanted Marner so bad.

Last edited:

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
This is a brutal take. Gonna call bs on the "analytic stat" comment unless you want to show your work...literally just mentioned things Matthews was better at and also thought his points60 advantage was because he played less games....and I'm 90 percent sure thats not how it works. Bringing up line mates is comical since Marner got to play on the all offence soft usage unit, top powerplay unit, and then when his line struggled he got to play with Kadri instead...if Matthews struggles its bye bye Nylander, hello Brown. I'm not sure if you're joking about the Hyman comment, out of the context that you seem to be taking this argument seriously, I would assume so. The fact that your busting out this argument after a great preseason game by Marner says it all.

I've already spent too long on this, Marner is insanely talented and I'm very excited for his season, and sure he could hypothetically become a better player than Matthews but over here in the real world he isn't. Just please tell me this isn't because one of them is a good Ontario boy?
https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com...xport=exportoff&report=Advanced+Stats&sent=go i could show you more but stats , and facts but i'm over it now

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I think we would be just as effective on the PP with:

Tavares
Matthews-Marleau-Marner
Rielly

This frees up Kadri to take the next shift

Marleau can take faceoffs, plus that would mean around 12 minutes TOI for a player like Kadri who deserves much better than that.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Marner is looking to have a 90+ point season

Marner Matthews and Tavares on the PP is like my dream team on NHL on PS4. So deadly. It’s about time Babcock did this. KEEP EM TOGETHER!!!!
That unit looks so deadly I want them pushing 30 percent. :laugh:

Reactions: The Cobra

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think we would be just as effective on the PP with:

Tavares
Matthews-Marleau-Marner
Rielly

This frees up Kadri to take the next shift

Possible, no way to know without trying them both. I think Babcock figures there's no point in trying Marleau because Kadri was so good last season, this group should be dominant and if they are, that's that. And again, the next shift is so unimportant in the grand scheme of things when compared to whether we score on the PP or not. Plus our 4th line should be pretty good, I'm not worried at all. Plus Marleau did good at centre, you could always send him out if need be.

Setting the tone for when it does count is my mantra!

No big deal, we should beat them Wednesday regardless of any "tone" and that will set the tone for the rest of the season.

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
Should have signed marner, I wouldn't be surprised if marner wants matthews money. He's such a ****ing beast since day one. Tavares was a complete ghost tonight.

That's the beauty of this team.

If one guy has a bad game, any of the other lines plus most of the blue line can also score.

Take a deep breath bud. Everything is gonna be alright.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
That's the beauty of this team.

If one guy has a bad game, any of the other lines plus most of the blue line can also score.

Take a deep breath bud. Everything is gonna be alright.

Actually, what we saw is what happens when you take the glue out of a line. For all the bellyaching about Hyman, he's a solid NHL forechecker about 5 lines above his replacement Wednesday night.. Moore is a 30pt a year lightweight in the AHL and barely a 3rd liner there.

'nuff said.

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
Actually, what we saw is what happens when you take the glue out of a line. For all the bellyaching about Hyman, he's a solid NHL forechecker about 5 lines above his replacement Wednesday night.. Moore is a 30pt a year lightweight in the AHL and barely a 3rd liner there.

'nuff said.

Settle down there, skipper.

It's preseason. Nylander is missing and
Hyman is injured. Regardless of that line not clicking that particular night, what I said still stands .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad