Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Mitch was insane tonight.
The first PP looks great for it being their first game together. Think people that argued against going this route will be eating some major crow.
The Kadri line lacks speed and is having trouble creating much offensively. Brown needs to start showing more or his play needs to come under more criticism.
Our breakouts still suck and our forwards have developed this terrible habit of leaving the D zone way too early and leaving the D with no short outlet pass option.

Ugly game to watch. We have the talent to be a great team but we still need to improve in some areas.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Dubas needs to sign Marner on a 20 year $5M AAV

RIGHT NOW. Next season signings are looking scary.

Reactions: NiftyMits

scooter540

Aug 21, 2018
Sloppy but a few bright spots. Andersen looked right at home even when under pressure. That PP unit is disgusting. Wizard of Oz looks to be more than capable of handling minutes on the right side. That Marner contract is going to be scary.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Not even up to speed yet and we still beat them 5-3. Insane PP. I love Marner on the PK. He's going be playing 20 min a night.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Marner was awesome. He's going to have a big, big year.

Also, can we please stop giving up 30+ shots every game?

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Imagine if we get even league average power play opportunities this year?

Ya I know fat chance...

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Every time he steps on the ice I hear the old "Mighty Mouse"song "Here I am to save the day", they should start playing when he does .Been telling you guys for 2 years he will be the one , it will be points not goals but he makes everybody around him good , well as good as some of them can be missing the wide open net setups he gives them lol

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Mitch was insane tonight.
The first PP looks great for it being their first game together. Think people that argued against going this route will be eating some major crow.
The Kadri line lacks speed and is having trouble creating much offensively. Brown needs to start showing more or his play needs to come under more criticism.
Our breakouts still suck and our forwards have developed this terrible habit of leaving the D zone way too early and leaving the D with no short outlet pass option.

Ugly game to watch. We have the talent to be a great team but we still need to improve in some areas.

Kadri line looked better than the Tavares line tonight. It's telling that none of Marner's points came on his own line 5 on 5

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
There was a poll last year and the poll was Is Marner a super star ? , Yes or No . He had almost double the no votes as he did yes . Have you guys changed your mind yet . I said he was the best player on the team last year . he's 100% been the best leaf this pre season . Welcome to the Marner show

scooter540

Aug 21, 2018
Hey guys Habs fan coming in peace. I would like to know your impressions on Kotkaniemi, I would love to have sincere opinion from a rival team. By the way I love Marner you guys have a heck of a player and wish you the best for this season!

I seemed to hear the announcer saying his name a lot when we were getting hemmed in our end so that's probably a good thing.

Reactions: NiftyMits and Maitz

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Hey guys Habs fan coming in peace. I would like to know your impressions on Kotkaniemi, I would love to have sincere opinion from a rival team. By the way I love Marner you guys have a heck of a player and wish you the best for this season!
Probably won't get too many honest opinions here tbh, but I thought he looked good. Probably should get 9 games and then sent wherever, no need to rush him but never know with your management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->