Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win! 5-2 over Isles!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Gudas is a regular, and is a top 3 Dman in Tampa. He'd be the second best dman on this team..

I do like gudas actually. Very nice mobile skilled tough young top-4 dman.

Nothing remotely like fraser, though.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009

WhoseLineIsItAnywayHostClapping.gif

Your Drew Carrey Avatar goes perfectly with the songs beat.

Heave Away!

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Always a bone to pick in leafs nation. It was a good game and I'll leave it at that, really happy with the performance tonight.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Fighting over Fraser and Ranger is silly conversation. They're both plugs that need to stay far away from serious competition, but at 1 million dollars they're a necessary evil for a team with a mismanaged cap like Toronto. They're bad, bot not game breakingly bad like Kobinian Holzer, Brett Lebda, or Komisarek.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Dude has been injured more times than he's played.

Ranger should have a +/- of 12 like fraser since he's getting those sheltered minutes

Rielly plays even more sheltered minutes than Ranger and he's a -3. Maybe Rielly should concentrate on playing, you know Defense. Rather than offence because he hasn't been filling the net.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
Watching Kulemin launch Tavares head first into the ref's crotch was worth the price of admission. Too funny.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
outside of john scott thinking he can take a regular shift in the nhl...taveres face first into the ref's crotch is probably the funniest thing i've seen this year.

f'ing eh on the win but leafs played a pretty good HOCKEY game last night.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Watching Kulemin launch Tavares head first into the ref's crotch was worth the price of admission. Too funny.

Kulemin did is best for Mother Russia at the Sochi 2014 Olympics!

We've already lost Stamkos!!!

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Not a bad game except for the silly giveaways by Kulemin and Gunnarsson!

Yes Ranger, you got a reverse headbutt, however next time, control your temper man!

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Not sure what Ranger was thinking when he punched the Isles player right in front of the net but the Isles reaction to the punch had me laughing.

On the replay you could see that whoever it was got Ranger in the face with his helmet after the whistle. Wasn't clear whether it was an intentional headbutt or not but Ranger obviously didn't appreciate it one way or the other :laugh:

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
You can really get a good sense watching the game live that those advance stats don't really paint a true picture of the game or how a team plays. Tonight outshot but the Isles were throwing pucks at the net jadon Blake style from all over with little chance of beating bernier

The leafs on the other hand passed up many of those type shots to make an extra pass or move the puck into a better position. I see now why we get outshot. We look for prime shooting spots vs flooding the net with shots from all over

People keep saying this, but last night the Islanders actually had a LOT of shots from the prime scoring area. Far more than the Leafs did. Great goaltending makes it easy to ignore, but it's there. The Leafs are not some elite team that's just so damn good that they only allow shots from the perimeter and only take shots from the slot.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
leafs looking like they are starting to play hockey instead of win.

it was an injured islanders. but they were demolished by the leafs best players.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I must be in the minority as I didn't feel Rielly had a particularly good game. Fair number of turnovers and lost more puck battles than he won...That skating though, man. JVR, Kuli and Clarkson were beasts the entire night. Glad to see Clarkson get rewarded for doing the work in the trenches.

You got it twisted, you're describing Paul Ranger...Rielly's D partner. I wish Rielly would play with someone with some actual skill. I'm sick of people making Rielly look like some scrub..he's had to play with "Ranger Danger" and Franson at times. Both of his partners always seem to **** up big time. That was an atrocious game by Ranger and if Rielly has to sit one more damn game over Ranger I'm going to put my fist through my tv. I honestly cannot believe that Rielly had to sit out 2 or 3 games over Ranger, just idiotic decision making. Everytime Ranger was on the ice they either got pinned in their own end, or Ranger made some stupid turnover in his own zone or took a dumb ass penalty (example: punching an Islander in the back of the head after the whistle, he then proceeds to slam his stick on the ice in frustration lol).

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
On the replay you could see that whoever it was got Ranger in the face with his helmet after the whistle. Wasn't clear whether it was an intentional headbutt or not but Ranger obviously didn't appreciate it one way or the other :laugh:

You know what though it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, that was all on Ranger. It was a dumb reaction and he did it like 2 to 3 seconds after the initial blow that he took. So obviously the ref was looking his way. And it wasn't like he just stuck his glove in his face, he swung and connected a pretty good shot so he deserved the penalty. Those are stupid decisions that I wish Carlyle would discipline him at times. Instead it's Rielly that gets put into the press box. Ranger needs to sit out a few because he clearly isn't in NHL form right now. He looks completely lost and slow out there. His decision making with the puck needs to be quicker as well, we get pinned way too often in our zone when he's on the ice and then Rielly is the one that has to bail him out with a nice break out pass or skating the puck out.

ncurrier

Founder ManGamesLost
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
Those games missed include healthy scratches, players in the minors and backup goalies on the bench :laugh:

That's my site http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-november-17-2013/. There are two sets of numbers provided. One is the official team numbers reported by the teams themselves (Team Report MGL) the other is my analysis of all games missed by all players (regardless of reason). Those numbers are in the Games Missed column. Read the details and you will become familiar with what is being reported.

Last edited:

ncurrier

Founder ManGamesLost
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
Close examination of that list shows that it is invalid

It's my site http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-november-17-2013/. In what way is my data invalid?

There are two sets of numbers provided. One are the official team numbers reported by the teams themselves (Team Report MGL) the other is my analysis of all games missed by all players (regardless of reason). Those numbers are in the 'Games Missed' column. Read the details and you will become familiar with what is being reported.

Asif16*

Rielly plays even more sheltered minutes than Ranger and he's a -3. Maybe Rielly should concentrate on playing, you know Defense. Rather than offence because he hasn't been filling the net.

Well dont tell that to me. Tell that to Zeke :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad