Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_200553_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_200553_Instagram.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: Eric bungay

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think he gets at least one of the 2 at the end of the season unless we need to win to get home ice
There is no reason at all to play Jones. If they want to rest Samsonov, they will play Woll. Jones won't play another game for this team unless there is an injury.

Reactions: bax and robertmac43

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
There is no reason at all to play Jones. If they want to rest Samsonov, they will play Woll. Jones won't play another game for this team unless there is an injury.
The season ends on a back to back against 2 physical opponents 1 of whom is our likely first round opponent. Woll isn’t playing both and there is no reason to play Samsonov there especially as he is nursing some kind of injury.
Jones will get 1 of those 2 games

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Given desperation from teams like pens, devils x 2, redwings all fighting for playoff spots; and the dirtbags on florda and tampa; protecting our starter (Samsonov IMO is a given) is important.

Samsonov came back cold from what I recall he was still up with the team practicing didn't really go do a lot of AHL stint when he was dealing with issues. Chances are he can come out and still perform well.

I'd give him the Red Wings game if he still wants to play.

Good points… I guess you have to see how that playoff race shakes out

Reactions: PromisedLand

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The season ends on a back to back against 2 physical opponents 1 of whom is our likely first round opponent. Woll isn’t playing both and there is no reason to play Samsonov there especially as he is nursing some kind of injury.
Jones will get 1 of those 2 games
I'd bet my house that samsonov and woll will split those last two games. Why on earth does samsonov need "rest"? He hasn't exactly played a lot of games this season.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I'd bet my house that samsonov and woll will split those last two games. Why on earth does samsonov need "rest"? He hasn't exactly played a lot of games this season.
Why on earth would you risk injuring your starter in games that don’t matter when you have a 3rd goalie on your roster?

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
These next few games are going to be glorified scrimmages. I could see maybe the last two games being played like real games if there's some kind of positioning up for grabs. TBH, I wouldn't even care if they start on the road for the playoffs. Which brings up another point -- they have to get a lot better at home. If they can find a way to be more dominant at home, then the sky's the limit.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Habs fans are weird. Why come to our forum to troll after the Leafs sweeping them in 4?

And this is the gem I came across earlier:

Golf Habs Golf

This is beyond idiotic

If they said Suzuki, I’d at least be willing to listen. Good production, Captain of his team, solid contract. He’d have a place as our 2C with nylander on his wing

but wtf is a watered down zach Hyman in an ogres body going to do for us right now? He can have fun being banished to 3rd line duties with holmberg and put up 30 points.

Maybe he becomes good, but as of now slafkovsky needs to play with Suzuki AND caufield to be a 50 point player.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Not a particularly impressive game tonight, though I thought Samsonov had a solid game. Also, McMann continues to impress me. I think having Marner continue to work on the 2nd line will help him become a bigger threat than he already is. He's a strong straight line skater and he's going to receive a few more of the Marner dishes if he continues to go hard to the net. Great snipe tonight Auston, keep 'er goin' eh.
One thing I like about McMann is that he doesn't look for the perfect play; if he has a chance, he generally just shoots. With Marner there to find him and Tavares in front to bang in garbage, that line might end up being more dangerous than you'd think...

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
This is beyond idiotic

If they said Suzuki, I’d at least be willing to listen. Good production, Captain of his team, solid contract. He’d have a place as our 2C with nylander on his wing

but wtf is a watered down zach Hyman in an ogres body going to do for us right now? He can have fun being banished to 3rd line duties with holmberg and put up 30 points.

Maybe he becomes good, but as of now slafkovsky needs to play with Suzuki AND caufield to be a 50 point p"

Yeah, it kind of has that "Laine's better" vibe to it.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Not to be a Babs defender, but this is what he always wanted. The big guys carrying their own lines.

He never had one of the big boys on their own line though, the only difference is Matthews-Marner and Tavares-Nylander instead of Matthews-Nylander and Tavares-Marner.

Hyman-Matthews-Brown lasted a handful of games and didn’t do great.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
He never had one of the big boys on their own line though, the only difference is Matthews-Marner and Tavares-Nylander instead of Matthews-Nylander and Tavares-Marner.

Hyman-Matthews-Brown lasted a handful of games and didn’t do great.

Back then, it was Matthews and Marner as the main drivers. I don't think anyone realistically maintained the idea of a Nylander running a line. Credit to him for taking a massive step.

Just look at the salaries to see how the team viewed them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad