HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
BpDiex7CAAA_4qf.png

Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole...

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Feels good man. I like the balanced lines. Need to keep working on chemistry over the rest of the season.

Reactions: Zacman

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Nylander is not going to risk playoff burnout by going beast mode right now. Especially a meaningless game against a lottery team.

This place is going to have to figure out how to turn a blind eye to this or its gonna be a (unnecessary) miserable end of regular season for you.

At least he'll cheer you up again when the playoffs start

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The Matthews line was clicking quite a bit tonight. I also really liked Tavares tonight.

Overall the team didn't pass well, they didn't break out well and really didn't forecheck all that well. They were able to beat a bad team with a very average effort. They defended well where Samsonov didn't have to make too many tough saves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sypher04

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
David whatever his name Rachenberger better save their season next year
I was shaking my head at Cuthbert and Simpson talking up the "collection of good young Hab defensemen coming up that are going to make their blueline great". Yeah, I remember people saying the same thing about Philly a few years ago... And now all they have left is Sanheim.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
They played maybe 8-10 minutes of inspired hockey.

One positive I noticed was how much fight the Leafs D showed in boxing out and keeping forwards from out of the crease. Sammy was able to see everything tonight.

That is the type of battling defense that is needed in stretches in the playoffs.

Otherwise, an unmemorable game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad