Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Shouldn't we let Campbell and Andersen's play decide? If Freddy struggles in his starts and Campbell does well in his starts, then regardless of who's considered the number one goalie, shouldn't the Leafs just go with the goaltender that gives them the best chance to win games?

Yes, they should, and I think they WILL go with the goalie they think gives them the best chance. If Andy loses or if looks bad and struggles, they WILL go back to Campbell (jmo).

Reactions: LeafsRus

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Yes, they should, and I think they WILL go with the goalie they think gives them the best chance. If Andy loses or if looks bad and struggles, they WILL go back to Campbell (jmo).

Yes.

If they were comfortably ahead in the standings there might not be any urgency to upset the pecking order. Still probably isn't. However, Leafs have to go with the hot hand, it's simply going to come down to the wire as most should have expected it would.

Both goalies have to understand the situation as well. The team comes first and the hot hand rides the wave. Regardless, I think there will be more splitting of duties down the stretch. Even if Andersen shuts them out tomorrow, Campbell will be getting in games.

I just hope the Leafs show up tomorrow. As has happened too often this year, Leafs play another team in the back end of a back to back and they've had the day off. No excuses. I think Dallas also had back to backs and beat us, and they aren't alone this year.

Reactions: LeafsRus and Rogie

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Kinda insane to me that as bad as we were in the 2nd half of last season, we have to go 15-8-0 in the last 23 games to match that record. Babcock really held this team back before he was fired, and Andersen/Hutch the past couple of months.

Reactions: saffronleaf

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Pretty disappointed with Clifford so far, Ottawa was taking the body hard most of the game and a big hit back could have gone a long way towards slowing them down

+1

He got the memo from Dubas: no bullying any more.

yeah it's really weird, I was at the game and the number of Leafs who just turned away from finishing checks was and is abnormal, I've never seen anything like it in any NHL team

finishing at least 25% more of those good opportunities to finish would go a long way into either putting a little bit of fear or even angering an opponent into committing some kind of retaliation and putting the Leafs on the PP

It was quite the giveaway fest as well, the Leafs were handing out pucks like they didn't want the 2 points, a better team might have crushed them tonight

giving Nylander 1st star was a little puzzling I thought both Matty and JT had better games, true that Nylander was skating really well but so were the other two guys

Unless Andy keeps serving up sub .890 performances, there is no goaltender controversy, so let's just ease up on that nonesense shall we!

Onto Queen City and give it to the Slugs hard

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Lol at people who thought Canadiens will make the playoffs and us not
Nothing is set in stone yet. But I just hate it when the Leafs were 5 pts back, medias and even fans were saying Leafs is probably better to tank....but when Habs was 5pts back after beating the Leafs last Sat, medias alike are saying Habs is back in the playoffs hunt....
Stuff like that pisses me off.

Last edited:

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
the disrespect Nylander gets from the media is unbelievable
he played good he scored a goal
and they had his instagram pictures ready
why?

also the HNIC guys are so f***ing annoying
always cheering for the other team
like why so much talk about the Sens having this or that many shots
it was 3-0 for the Leafs you f***ers

as for the game we look better in front of Campbell

Reactions: 18leafsfan18

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Looks like we got ourselves a goaler. Battlin Jack Campbell. I have to say, been very impressed. He never quits. Team looks more cofident. Now if first shot Freddie, poops the bed again tonight, we have a goalie battle.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Leafs have an opportunity to take a stranglehold on the #3 spot in the Atlantic. Just gotta keep rolling!

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
the disrespect Nylander gets from the media is unbelievable
he played good he scored a goal
and they had his instagram pictures ready
why?

also the HNIC guys are so ****ing annoying
always cheering for the other team
like why so much talk about the Sens having this or that many shots
it was 3-0 for the Leafs you ****ers

as for the game we look better in front of Campbell

It's almost like the Rogers guys (sportsnet & HNIC) were told to not favour the Leafs.

Every single team the Leafs play against is their new favourite.

I was getting so frustrated when all they were talking about after the 1st was Ottawa's amount of shot attempts... when has that ever been a stat they bring up on a broadcast ?

Imo a broadcast team has to favour the team they are broadcasting for (Joe Bowen).

They need a balance, so they are not over the top with it (Jack Edwards).

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Nothing is set in stone yet. But I just hate it when the Leafs were 5 pts back, medias and even fans were saying Leafs is probably better to tank....but when Habs was 5pts back after beating the Leafs last Sat, medias alike are saying Habs is back in the playoffs hunt....
Stuff like that pisses me off.

And all the sudden when the Leafs aren't the team that has played more games, the games in hand argument is no longer used.

Reactions: Gabriel426

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
Huck the Fabs.

Sust jayin'...

It was a dive that would have made Greg Louganis proud! My guess is the ref was probably close to calling an embellishment on that performance. I like Gallagher as a player, but his tantrum at the end brought a smile to my face.

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
It was a dive that would have made Greg Louganis proud! My guess is the ref was probably close to calling an embellishment on that performance. I like Gallagher as a player, but his tantrum at the end brought a smile to my face.

In the most rarest of instances - from the hi-lite package that Sportsnet put together, it looked like the Habs got jobbed by the refs last night. OT non-call aside because whats-hi-name did go down too easy, there were other non-calls Gallagher had a right to be pissed about. But I look at the totality of refs and Habs and I will never feel sorry for a missed call against the Habs - they had decades upon decades of League favoritism - eff them forevahhhh. I pray that they miss the playoffs for the next 10 years and reach Ottawa level of fan support.

Reactions: coupe93

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Doubt it......Andersen is too tight with 34, 16, & 88. I think it's likely that if they want their buddy playing, he'll be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad