Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He PKed pretty well. The 4th line was fine. The GA against wasn't really on him or anyone else. It was just a shot that beat Campbell.

If a 4th line can play 10 minutes, maybe generate the odd opportunity, and just not be a negative, then it's a win. Our 4th line does that, and two of them make below league minimum.

Gauthier is also 57.6% in draws; 61.4% at ES and almost 50% at SH. That's valuable too.

part of their pk was weak part of it kept the sens in their own zone.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
not much not to like that game sure a few goofy bounces but a w is a w.
one day i wish our players might take a quick look around before they decide its a good idea to do no look back passes in to the slot while in our end

Last edited by a moderator:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Was at the game tonight in Ottawa. I've been to the Leafs/Sens games in Ottawa for years and tonight was the most Leafs jerseys in the crowd I've ever seen. Unreal turn out from Leafs Nation. I would say it's was at least 85% leafs fans tonight. We owned the CTC. :cool:

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Missed the game live because of work but I just finished watching and wow great game. Leafs thoroughly imposed their will and play style on Sens. I was very happy with the effort. Everyone was excellent, except for Gauthier (just ok). They were over matched when Leafs were being serious and not playing games.

Loved the neutral zone work, active sticks were on point, gap control was great for most part. Sandin, and more importantly Liljegren has really impressed. Very happy with his poise and decision making thus far.

Should've been a shutout but the moron ref gifted them a goal. Second goal was a seeing-eye shot. Marner with the EN was a great play of skill. Matthews with 42 goals.

Soupy is 3-0-1 for Leafs. No goalie controversy, just sayin. Hopefully Freddie keeps the boys rolling here.

Reactions: saffronleaf

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I love my team but sometimes you guys are quick to forget talent. Andersen is good. I am happy for Campbell but can we go easy on both goalies that have terrible defense and an offense that could improve on backchecking?

Now Hutchinson on the other hand...

Seriously though, good win. I love destroying the sens. Terrible franchise run by the worst owner since Harold Ballard.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Just under 12 and just over 13 minutes for Liljegren and Sandin tonight. I believe a new high for TL. Keefe slowly bringing this new rookie pairing along. I suspect the same or slightly more for both against Buffalo. We're going to need them gaining confidence for the upcoming games against more difficult teams. If Keefe can get them to the 14/5 min mark over the next week that would be great for the rest of the D corp.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Camobell was great tonight but this idea that he's the starter needs to die, he's not.

He's not taking Freddie's job based on a week, a VERY good week but still a week

Shouldn't we let Campbell and Andersen's play decide? If Freddy struggles in his starts and Campbell does well in his starts, then regardless of who's considered the number one goalie, shouldn't the Leafs just go with the goaltender that gives them the best chance to win games?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Time to start giving the Liljegren/Sandin pairing more ice time. They have been solid so far and have earned it. I personally would not mind pairing Liljegren with Muzz, Sandin with Barrie and then seeing what happens. The Dermott Barrie pairing is scaring me on the defensive end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad