Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Check the TSN app. Only Vegas, Colorado & Minnesota have already clinched. As mentioned Montreal & Vancouver could still pass us if we lose out and they win out

Correct.

Montreal and Vancouver have games in hand and can by all rights pass us, if we were to crash horribly.

On the other ide of that coin.

Vancouver/Montreal would have to really own their destiny and go almost undefeated.

They would have to win the vast majority of their games in regulation.

Leafs would have to go pointless.

horner

May 22, 2007
If they want to call us the dirty Leafs team I Love it
I call this a leaf team that doesn't back down

Mad dog Thornton Love it
Walk the line Simmons
Brick wall Sandin
Crunch Muzzin

I Love this team know wait till Folingo gets comfortable and when Hyman gets back

We are know set for the playoffs
Sandin for not playing alot of games this year has looked great
Brooks is a keeper great game

For some fans on here that think we didn't need some tough player Mmmmm exactly what we needed.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Or maybe did it his way. He's always had toughness. Babcock benched it.

Nice try.....pathetic, actually. This is why Leaf fans are made fun of....they see their own narrative and nothing else.
It's in direct response to Sticky blaming the fans for the recent 5 game slump. I'm giving the fans the credit they deserve for the recent upturn in events.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

Mad dog Thornton Love it
Walk the line Simmons
Brick wall Sandin
Crunch Muzzin

I Love this team know wait till Folingo gets comfortable and when Hyman gets back

For some fans on here that think we didn't need some tough player Mmmmm exactly what we needed.
Atta boy !
We could have used “ Red Horner “ ;)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The Thornton aggression was great to see. Hope to see a lot more of that from the whole team. The bad taste in my mouth from nobody having Hyman's back after his injury is still there.

Don't poke the giant ... you piss of a future HOF he might just drop that cane and decide to be a difference maker.

Jumbos best years are behind him but Jumbo 6'4 , 220lbs (if he is 220 I'm Katy Perry) and Ehlers 6''0, 172lbs, that is a 50 lbs difference, Ehlers wouldn't come out on top, heck he might have come out on a stretcher.

Reactions: mix1home

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It was JT. And I loved the way Matthews subtle made his way through traffic to get to the perpetrator lol

I'm thinking Hymans injury and the way the Leafs turtled after that in the Canuck game has something to do with the Leafs finding their Balls.

All season we've been getting runned, pushed around and intimidated and we have turned the other cheek. Mommy "rules" dictate turn the other cheek and the bully will stop, IMO experience bulls will just wait for another opportunity to be a bully. You gotta sometimes push back. I never really like Laine and Ehler s that got that stupid horse mouth smile, it looks like they have 30 teeth too many. I sure hope we see 'Peg again, I want to see someone wipe that smug jackass simile off that coward diver Ehlers face

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Something about a win after physically kicking the snot out of an opponent, it feels like that first really hot day after winter ends...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Smif and Beleafer34

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Dude seriously, those guys couldn't play with my guys on a street hockey game, just really terrible players and not even all that tough. Jim Korn. Faced him down in a bar when \i weighted about 150 lbs.

Terrrible, terrible hockey player, those were times we should not even discuss, okay.

Hall of shame, era, BAAL ARD.

YES, the devil and his children did, for a while, rule over the top team in the world of hockey.

I predicted all of this in 2006. But I figured, it would take 20k per person to buy into this,

Actually no, people are lining up, wow.

Baal, ard.

WAIT a sec, its Harold on line five. Says yeah its really hot down here, but hurry up and get vaccinated.

And says, hey no problem, the word social doesn't mean all that much down there.

SO, I guess, your SOCIAL insurance number, SIN number is just a coincidence.

SIN, NUMBER. Right in your face. So shall.
Whoa did you just say Tiger and Kurt weren’t tough? There goes all your credibility. Those guys allowed Sittler and Salming to do their thing without being assaulted by thugs and if they were they were held accountable. Tiger had a nose that went in 3 directions but he protected his I doubt you’d get into fight with Kurt, unless you had a death wish.

My point wasn’t that I’d switch this team with that one but I was referring to the fun it was watching those games where anything could happen at any time, including 12 guys going at it like cowboys in a saloon lol. Korn had a fight in the penalty box against Philly. Good times.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Anyone have a clip of Perreault trying to run JT with that flying elbow?
Best part was him pretending like he didn't do anything and actually whining to the ref. Dude, you just threw a flying elbow to someone's face. The Jets are a rat team. For all the talk recently of the Leafs being "dirty" people sure do ignore the Edler knee on Hyman, the spear from Ehlers, the headshot from Dubois on Kerfoot, the Copp crosscheck to the face of Tavares, the Perrault elbow on Tavares, Landing on Campbells back when he's laying down etc. And that's all in the last week. No wonder Simmonds called it out because the league doesn't seem to care. Do we really wanna go back to players policing themselves again?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Pretty great game.
Good D overall. Jack made the tough saves. Offence capitalized. Lots of pushback from the less usual suspects.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
This was a complete game, best they've played since the mini three games against the Oil. My kind of game. I have been clamoring for this type of team as have many for a long time. We always knew this element of grit was a vital ingredient for success. Keep it up boys and you may go far. BTW I don't mind the penalties we take to emphasize a physical tone. Good teams kill these kind of penalties when they are fired up.
Bruins and Flyers of old had the opposition so unglued they always killed off the penalties.

Knuckle daggers, mouth breathers 2 - Jets 0. Ha ha:pb:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Correct.

Montreal and Vancouver have games in hand and can by all rights pass us, if we were to crash horribly.

On the other ide of that coin.

Vancouver/Montreal would have to really own their destiny and go almost undefeated.

They would have to win the vast majority of their games in regulation.

Leafs would have to go pointless.

Leafs could even pick up a couple of points and still get passed by both. And as fate would have it, Montreal and Vancouver don't play each other anymore meaning it's definitely a (remote) possibility they could both get by us.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Mad dog Thornton Love it
Walk the line Simmons
Brick wall Sandin
Crunch Muzzin

I used to have that for the Sega.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad