Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Luv that game baby ... da nail in da coffin .. all 4 lines contributing .. another clutch amazing game from Soupy to cement his role as playoff starter .. and D outside of 1 sloppy play early came to play ... but best of all luv to see Dubois scared sh*tless big mouth with no backup ... luv to see Wayner break his jaw before playoffs .. karma is a b*tch .. and little Ehlers scared of Jumbo ... OMG Leafs are now da tough team wow what a pleasant change

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
Is there bad blood between PLD and Foligno from their Columbus days?

I thought I detected something in the first Winnipeg game. Foligno chirped at PLD and gave him some interesting dirty looks.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

I thought I detected something in the first Winnipeg game. Foligno chirped at PLD and gave him some interesting dirty looks.
Would not be surprised. Captain Foligno watching him float half the time bust have been frustrating. The guy is supposed to be the future of your franchise. There is a reason he was traded for another player needing a “change of scenery”

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Dubois is a sneaky mother f***er as to his dirty plays. He's a big boy too. I hope simmonds decides to finish their conversation with his fists in the next game with the jets.
So do i hope Simmonds finishes him off. Would rather he punishes him the entire game first. Just lay him out after

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’m So happy we crushed the Jets all season. They are dirty about it too. The cheap shots aren’t going to happen and there will be fights. It was a completely dominating Leafs series beat down. They are ugly at us haaaaaa

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
Would not be surprised. Captain Foligno watching him float half the time bust have been frustrating. The guy is supposed to be the future of your franchise. There is a reason he was traded for another player needing a “change of scenery”

Ya that's what I also suspected.

Plus alot of Leaf posters were saying before the game that Foligno would go after PLD. I thought it was a joke...but after watching the game I thought maybe this story had legs lol.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Wasn't PLD wanting to be moved to a better market? Hence the issues around him there.

Wouldn't be shocked if Foligno was one of the more vocal guys in the room about that situation.

Reactions: Leaftors

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I would think so, Foligno was the captain, PLD quit on the Jackets. It's Foligno's job as the captain to be the go between the coach and the player when there are issues. I would imagine Foligno had more than one conversation with PLD about his effort and how he is screwing the pooch. You got one guy who works is butt off every shift and you got another guy who just dog's it out there because he is pouting the coach is a meanie ... yeah I can see some animosity there.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Exact same reason I would never want Hall on my team. If someone sulks and floats until they get their way I don't want them no matter how good they may be.

Reactions: crump

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
I would think so, Foligno was the captain, PLD quit on the Jackets. It's Foligno's job as the captain to be the go between the coach and the player when there are issues. I would imagine Foligno had more than one conversation with PLD about his effort and how he is screwing the pooch. You got one guy who works is butt off every shift and you got another guy who just dog's it out there because he is pouting the coach is a meanie ... yeah I can see some animosity there.

That's what I figured happened with Nick being the captain.

Thanks! Appreciate the input :thumbu:

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
Wasn't PLD wanting to be moved to a better market? Hence the issues around him there.

Wouldn't be shocked if Foligno was one of the more vocal guys in the room about that situation.

With Nick being the captain it wouldn't surprise me.

Probably wasn't too popular in the dressing room.

Definitely didn't get brownie points with the coach :laugh:

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Very surprising. It looked like ehlers took the hit better than muzzin who fell down.

Energy has to go somewhere, it's like the Trouba hit on Matthews.

It's why the post spectacular looking open ice hits rarely cause injuries other than concussions, going flying doesn't actually hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->