Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1 (again) thanks to our new superstar... Tyler Ennis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
No you're right. When you have mixered lineups with guys not going as hard as they can, winning only 8-2 in preason is time for panic.

Who said anything about panicking? I have simply said that the team played poorly, and managed to win because they were going up against an extremely brutal team. I have said that based on what I saw tonight, I don't think that a line of Matthews-Marleau-Ennis would be effective against NHL competition.

Reactions: stickty111

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Our best players aren’t even collectively playing and we still ice a better lineup than some nhl club regulars.

Stop whining. We’ve been waiting for a team like this and it has finally come to fruition.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I don't think it's rust, I think they still approach zone exits as a thing where the forwards **** off and do whatever they want and pray the defense can find them with a pass. That's what I've seen anyway, and it's a bit worrying

Oh I agree completely. It might be possible that the players felt that Ottawa is so bad they can do whatever they want. But it seems to be a continuation of last year.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Oh I agree completely. It might be possible that the players felt that Ottawa is so bad they can do whatever they want. But it seems to be a continuation of last year.
I did think that as well, but it would still be silly of them to work this offseason on new strategies and systems, and then tell them not to worry about it these last two games because Ottawa sucks. I did have hope since Dubas said he would work on inefficiencies in their play, and Babcock said he knew he had to adjust strategies if they wanted to win in this league. guess not so far though

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Wow! You'd think from how people were talking this was the Senators board and we were the ones who got spanked two games in a row.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Our best players aren’t even collectively playing and we still ice a better lineup than some nhl club regulars.

Stop whining. We’ve been waiting for a team like this and it has finally come to fruition.

I know, right? Its like its all they know how to respond :huh:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Theres so much negativity and bickering here already :thumbd:
this player was trash, that player should never see the NHL again..its only the 2nd game of the pre-season, and the 1st for this unit, so depressing.

anyways, that fight for last 2 defense spots is gonna be rough. its between oz/rosen/borgman for me, dermott has a pretty nice cushion given his play for 37 regular season games last year(his 1st playoffs so he gets a bit of a pass there imo).
par looked like the player that i watched in the AHL playoffs last year. i like his game, very positionally sound and he's got some wheels.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I feel like Matthews was barely trying... and he still dominated. He looked great with Marleau. Once Nylander joins them, that line is gonna be amazing.

I'm glad that everyone seems to agree that Ennis looked bad. Hopefully Babcock wont be fooled by a few nice plays. But he's probably our 13th best forward at this point and he certainly wan't horrible. I actually still think he's better than Hyman.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
looks like marleau - matthews - nylander and hyman - tavares - marner

kadri and brown line has a spot up for grabs, johnsson, kapanen, leivo or ennis can still get it with a strong camp...then the other two should join lindholm on 4th line and last guy is 13th forward

6 and 7th D is more up in the air, those battles are close

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
I'm happy to see good reviews about Oz. Saw him play last season and he was just stellar. Always knew he was going to make the team. A lot of people here had him written off or 7th/8th D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad