Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1 (again) thanks to our new superstar... Tyler Ennis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I don't think he even believes what he's saying. He wants attention badly

It seemed like he was appealing to the clowns who hate the attention the Leafs get.

I mean seriously, you're getting mad at people for being excited that their star free agent signing did well in his debut? lol

Not to mention, the 1967 and no playoff series wins since 2004 comments are just childish and completely irrelevant to the the current iteration of the Leafs.

It's funny, he sounded exactly like the Leaf haters on the mainboards.

Last edited:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I liked what I saw from Bracco. He made a great pass to Matthews on the PP. His goal was great. Certainly some flashes where he made some very skilled plays.

I think he could become very useful down the road. I think he could be a good fit for the top 6 if we need someone cheap to fit under the cap. He's got the skill to play with high level players like Matthews and Tavares. He may not ever be a "top 6" guy... but he could end up doing really well in our top 6 given what he would cost salary wise. When you're paying guys like Tavares $11 million... you need some cheap guys who can also keep up with the star players without looking out of place. So that's where Bracco might come in handy in a few years.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I liked what I saw from Bracco. He made a great pass to Matthews on the PP. His goal was great. Certainly some flashes where he made some very skilled plays.

I think he could become very useful down the road. I think he could be a good fit for the top 6 if we need someone cheap to fit under the cap. He's got the skill to play with high level players like Matthews and Tavares. He may not ever be a "top 6" guy... but he could end up doing really well in our top 6 given what he would cost salary wise. When you're paying guys like Tavares $11 million... you need some cheap guys who can also keep up with the star players without looking out of place. So that's where Bracco might come in handy in a few years.

If all goes well and we get our big four signed, there's essentially two spots Bracco can fight for and they're unfortunately for LW which isn't his natural position. With Marleau being gone going forward, he could easily battle for that spot depending on how the rest of the crop comes along. And he obviously doesn't have the gudpro/60 to compete with Hyman for his spot.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
If all goes well and we get our big four signed, there's essentially two spots Bracco can fight for and they're unfortunately for LW which isn't his natural position. With Marleau being gone going forward, he could easily battle for that spot depending on how the rest of the crop comes along. And he obviously doesn't have the gudpro/60 to compete with Hyman for his spot.
ya... I guess that's the problem with being so deep on RW. Bracco will never be better than Marner or Nylander. Brown seems like he could be a fixture on the 3rd line RW for a long time. We've got Kapanen who is too good to play on the 4th line.

I guess over time, Marleau will be gone... Hyman could go to the bottom 6... Nylander could move to the LW, or traded... so there could be opportunities. Marner certainly isn't going anywhere.

Looking down the road, Kadri might be difficult to re-sign... especially if we win a cup. So Kadri might get traded after 3 years and we move Nylander to center, which opens up another RW spot in the top 6.

But there's always injuries and stuff like that too... so he could get some chances.

He seems like a guy who would be a great set-up man for a highly skilled goal scoring center. And we've got two of those (and Kadri is pretty damn good too). So I think he would fit well with our centers. Good to know that we've got a potential playmaker developing if we need him.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Ennis
Leivo Brown-Kadri-Nylander
Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen
Leivo

Rielly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Dermott
Rosen-Ozhiganov
Hainsey, Holl/Marincin

Fixed something. Also, 2 goals (1 empty net) doesn't mean Ennis should be with Matthews. I would say Nylander could have capitalized on a missed tap in as well. He wouldn't fall down as much and is stronger on the puck. I think Matthews line would be much stronger with Nylander

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Matthews " I want to play more with Marner"
Leafs " We give you Ennis"

I realy dont think Nylander do anything then laugh at this. Sending txt to Matthews "You better get used to Ennis...Muahaa"

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Fixed something. Also, 2 goals (1 empty net) doesn't mean Ennis should be with Matthews. I would say Nylander could have capitalized on a missed tap in as well. He wouldn't fall down as much and is stronger on the puck. I think Matthews line would be much stronger with Nylander

I was responding being to the post that suggested IF we get the Buffalo Ennis

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Regarding Ennis: What I saw was a player that was easily stripped of the puck, lacked elusiveness enough to be effective on the cycle at his size, and wasn't very good defensively. He did have good instincts and enough skill to make a difficult, well-executed play when he got the space, but against better competition he'll be gifted space like that much more rarely.

I think he could help a skilled fourth line, but I don't think he's good enough to win a spot further up the lineup.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I don’t get this fanbase...

Bracco — scores a goal, made a couple nice passes but was otherwise fairy invisible and took 2 bad penalities == praise.

Ennis — played a much better game, improved on each period, had a good motor and don’t shy from contact, scores 2 and was important for a third goal == he sucks

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Calm the f*** down

Watched this earlier. I normally like his rants but this one came off as click bait. 1967. Check. Haven't won a playoff series since Quinn. Check. And? Why are people so opposed to our excitement? Are we the only fanbase that's not allowed to enjoy our team because according to some it sure feels that way. We're well aware of the history of this team. Let us enjoy seeing players blossom FFS.

Reactions: draeko17

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I was responding being to the post that suggested IF we get the Buffalo Ennis
OH. well. Personally, I would still stick Nylander back up the Matthews, maybe have Ennis with Kadri and Brown, then Johnsson, Lindholm and Kapanen is a unit until they can show they deserve to be higher up.

It will basically come down to Ennis vs Leivo for a starting spot. Both will probably be on the team, but I'm not sure Leivo could survive another season of watching from the press box. If Ennis makes the cut, you probably should trade Leivo to be humane at the very least.

I thought Leivo looked good with Kadri. He didn't finish, but he had opportunities. I like his cycle game more than Ennis, and brings more size/physicality as well. No doubt Ennis is determined and showing some jam. Should be an interesting pre season for those two.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
lol ennis was signed for like 600k, to be our 12th or 13th forward, and to add depth and move up in case of injuries...i mean for that role ennis is as good as you can get, a guy that has put up solid points and still has some skills and can skate...why are people judging him and analyzing his game like hes suppose to be a star player for us lol, he was fine this game, he didnt suck like a lot of you are pretending, he wasn't that good either but he skated hard, set up matthews a couple of times for good looks, and showed off a nice scoring touch, he was fine and should be a fine depth guy for us this year

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't think he even believes what he's saying. He wants attention badly

yeah he is easily one of the worst on air personalities on Canada. I mean they use a sound board like a terrible hits radio station, they are cheap "humour" I don't mind Tim I think he should detach himself from that attention seeking drama queen

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
I don’t get this fanbase...

Bracco — scores a goal, made a couple nice passes but was otherwise fairy invisible and took 2 bad penalities == praise.

Ennis — played a much better game, improved on each period, had a good motor and don’t shy from contact, scores 2 and was important for a third goal == he sucks
Probably because Ennis was gifted that spot on the top line for no reason and didnt really impress until the last 10 min with a quick goal and an empty netter. Hes also 28, i think fans are still optimistic about Bracco the homegrown prospect who also showed some flashes with less to work with. Its just one preseason game and realistically neither will be in the starting line up come Oct 3.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Reminds me of Wellwood alot... Which isn't really a bad thing as long as he doesn't drink and party like Wellwood did.

Reactions: Macallan18

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Watched this earlier. I normally like his rants but this one came off as click bait. 1967. Check. Haven't won a playoff series since Quinn. Check. And? Why are people so opposed to our excitement? Are we the only fanbase that's not allowed to enjoy our team because according to some it sure feels that way. We're well aware of the history of this team. Let us enjoy seeing players blossom FFS.
seems like he was pandering directly to all the anti-leaf fans throughout Canada those talking points are tired and played out but people will always eat them up cause Leafs.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
All Sid’s rants are clickbait.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Ofcourse we'd be stronger with Willie but if he prices himself out where we cant afford the other two, it's a pretty easy decision on which one doesn't get signed. We all agree we'd like all 3 but if we can only afford 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad