Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
OK I'm imagining this team with a slow defensive liability at center......and yup, no, no thanks.

Kadri with a good round today putting him atop the leaderboard shooting an impressive -5 tonight...but this isn't golf is it??

So I guess -5 is not so good

Reactions: zeke

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
3 games with Hutchinson 2-1 2.36 GAA and a .924 save percentage. Not bad for a #3 pressed into service when your #1 and #2 guys are out IMO.

And don't forget. Signed as a #4
ALMOST deserving of a Hutch appreciation thread IMO.
Question:
With Hutch playing well, does he still have a free pass back to the taxi squad when our goalies get healthy or will he need waivers?
We can't afford to lose him.

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
“Matthews needs bandages. Hey this game is getting good.”
-TheNumber4

“I think Tavares touched that. It went Tavares hits off Hyman, Nylander gets last whacks. Which would nullify the Matthews assist. Let’s hope that the league has some objectivity here.”
- TheNumber4

Some of the oiler posts on their board were absolutely terrible. I hope Matty lights them up
lol that's funny given how many flukey assists Draisaitl has been given over the years :sarcasm:

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It's pretty clear how lesser skilled teams will continue to play the Leafs, especially when it comes to playoffs. Calgary was very close to leaving 2-0 with two shutouts.

Hopefully they learned something tonight and next time start crashing the net a little earlier, no reason it can't work just as well in the 1st or 2nd period.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
After seeing Nylander screw up on Calgarys goal I was like might have to stay off here tonight because gonna be a lot of dumb stuff being said because he screwed up and we got shut out again. Happy to see he not only tied it up but got the winner in OT to shut everyone up.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I have to admit (and it's not easy lol) but I crapped hard on Kerfoot before but he has been playing better lately.

Barabonov has also looked a great deal better the last two games. He has some nice talent.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's pretty clear how lesser skilled teams will continue to play the Leafs, especially when it comes to playoffs. Calgary was very close to leaving 2-0 with two shutouts.

Hopefully they learned something tonight and next time start crashing the net a little earlier, no reason it can't work just as well in the 1st or 2nd period.

They also played like they would go 0-2 with a couple of 5 spots.

They played like ass against us. Rittich just pulled a Korpisalo and was easily the best player on either team in both games (sorry Nylander). I will be more worried about the Leafs' lack of scoring when we aren't in the top 10 in pretty much every scoring category at ES and no longer have like a top 5 PP.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I have to admit (and it's not easy lol) but I crapped hard on Kerfoot before but he has been playing better lately.

Barabonov has also looked a great deal better the last two games. He has some nice talent.

Barabanov is desperate and auditioning for a job elsewhere. Not sure there is room for him in a fully healthy lineup right now, but he definitely has been showing he can play in the NHL the past couple of games.

Reactions: TopChedder

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Great, more slashes incoming. I think vague injury reports have value.

I don't think it's a secret when the broadcast spends 5 minutes straight zooming in on Matthews holding his wrist and wincing in pain followed by another 5 minutes of discussion about it during the intermission.

Reactions: banks

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Barabanov is desperate and auditioning for a job elsewhere. Not sure there is room for him in a fully healthy lineup right now, but he definitely has been showing he can play in the NHL the past couple of games.

Maybe, but if he keeps improving it could be possible to keep him in.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I am more worried about Matthews being out day to day for the wrist injury than I am about the win today. Matthews can't be out.

100%

Matthews being out is worst case scenario. We would literally be missing the 2nd best player in the world.....just saying that hurts.

horner

May 22, 2007
Mathews gets pushed by Anderson nobody stands up for him .

When are we going to stand up for our star players.

We are such a gutless team.

And to all the non fighters on this forum this is our best player .
I don't care if we get an instigating penalty or a major , send a message to the league that he is off limits.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Keefe deserves credit on this one, from me.
(I'm no Willy hater , or someone that actively looks to point out his issues) but he was having a bad game, and I was noticing his interest dwindling - mostly without the puck.

Keefe kept on him, rode him more than most coaches would; forced him into the game - get him engaged, ultimately scoring a mucky tying goal and a net driving confident goal in OT.

He not only won us the game, I'd say he regained his form in a random late February game that seemed destined for another Steve Simmons satire article.

Well done Sheldon and good job Willy

Reactions: banks

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I wouldn't want to face Calgary in the playoffs. Their aggressiveness at their blueline really keeps our snipers to the perimeter and this Rittich character, gimme a break with this guy.

Hutch picked a great time to find his game. Made me feel really comfortable. I guess we really did have good goalie depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad