Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1 in OT

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Gio should be an 8th on any serious team...he's 40 ffs.
Leafs are very lucky to have 2! AHL call-ups come up and perform so cleanly, relative to their peers. Might be the find of the season to be honest.

Giordano definitely needs protection on the ice, he's not irrelevant, but help would be nice. But Benoit and Lagesson thus far, wow, way better than should have been expected. Well done to the both of them!

Reactions: Al14

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Benching Kampf worked so well Keefe decided to give Robertson the same treatment.

I wonder which chump is next. In Keefe's mind making an example of bottom of the roster scrubs is the best way to get the top end talent to "play the right way". They won again so it must be working.

Robertson and Kampf should look at it from the bright side.

Getting paid to watch the game from the best seats in the arena. Would be nicer to actually play. But you only get to do that if you're above accountability.

I mean, does Keefe really think Kampf and Robertson are the reason the team wasn't playing up to snuff?

Keefe should be the next person on the hot seat. Not only have the results not been there but when you look for signs of improvement you see nothing. They fired Babcock as soon as the team dipped below .500 and he was a respected HOF head coach at the time.

A chump like Keefe should be held to the same standard.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Benching Kampf worked so well Keefe decided to give Robertson the same treatment.

I wonder which chump is next. In Keefe's mind making an example of bottom of the roster scrubs is the best way to get the top end talent to "play the right way". They won again so it must be working.

Robertson and Kampf should look at it from the bright side.

Getting paid to watch the game from the best seats in the arena. Would be nicer to actually play. But you only get to do that if you're above accountability.

I mean, does Keefe really think Kampf and Robertson are the reason the team wasn't playing up to snuff?

Keefe should be the next person on the hot seat. Not only have the results not been there but when you look for signs of improvement you see nothing. They fired Babcock as soon as the team dipped below .500 and he was a respected HOF head coach at the time.

A chump like Keefe should be held to the same standard.
Regardless who’s to say the message wasnt received ?? I think gregor should be the next scratch he got taken off pk2 so I’m assuming he’s the one in the cross hairs which is fine he wasnt developed by us anyway id put holmberg in for him that fourth line looks really good

Last edited:

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Regardless who’s to say the message was received ?? I think gregor should be the next scratch he got taken off pk2 so I’m assuming he’s the one in the cross hairs which is fine he was developed by anyway id put holmberg in for him that fourth line looks really good

When you lose your spot on the PK to William Nylander then you are in the coaches dog house for sure.

Reactions: arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
When you lose your spot on the PK to William Nylander then you are in the coaches dog house for sure.
Though I’ll admit he looks real good on it though credit to him for asking marner a lot of questions and waiting patient for the last couple years

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
The conclusion after that game is that any team prepared to play a hard, tight game will have a chance to win against the Leafs. I watched the home feed, and they called the Leafs riverboat gamblers. I can't disagree with that.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
The conclusion after that game is that any team prepared to play a hard, tight game will have a chance to win against the Leafs. I watched the home feed, and they called the Leafs riverboat gamblers. I can't disagree with that.
Second night of bacc to bacc and we still dominated so I don’t know if I agree with that sentinent what I took from it is if we play hard we’re hard to beat

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They played well again last night in the first two periods that I saw.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Though I’ll admit he looks real good on it though credit to him for asking marner a lot of questions and waiting patient for the last couple years

Nylander's having a good year for sure.

Domi got benched for that play leading to a goal last night. Keefe has had it in for his line lately. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Domi's turn up in the box next.

The latest scapegoat in the pursuit of accountability.

verdi

Oct 19, 2023
We beat one of the worst teams in the league in OT and scored the tying goal with 5 mins in reg.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win but that's not the series of events I would've predicted.

• Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I don't understand the Holmberg love

The 3rd line still isn't great defensively with him on it and didn't look like they could score either
What is it good for? To skate around doing jack **** while the other guys catch there breath?

Robertson may lack defensively but at least in a game like that one his line has a chance of scoring in the 10 minutes its trusted with
He was solid last year when he came up, then tailed off and has looked like a warm body ever since. The third line didn’t look better last night, in fact they played even less. He’s depth, but he isn’t an answer. And where is the jam with this guy to try and win a job?

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
We beat one of the worst teams in the league in OT and scored the tying goal with 5 mins in reg.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win but that's not the series of events I would've predicted.
I wouldn’t have predicted a goalie who sucks to stand on his head but these happen sometimes in the NHL. The take from this game is that we never gave up or opened up the ice. We continued to pound away.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think they gave up one odd man rush and were solid defensively. The home feed is lazy.

Second night of bacc to bacc and we still dominated so I don’t know if I agree with that sentinent what I took from it is if we play hard we’re hard to beat
And we just dominated the type of team they are talking about the night before. Sheesh.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He was solid last year when he came up, then tailed off and has looked like a warm body ever since. The third line didn’t look better last night, in fact they played even less. He’s depth, but he isn’t an answer. And where is the jam with this guy to try and win a job?

I must admit I struggle with the mentality of some of the depth guys

You would think they would be dying to make the NHL and would adjust there games to make it happen

You aren't scoring but be good defensively and physical every chance you get, those guys play in bottom 6's

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I must admit I struggle with the mentality of some of the depth guys

You would think they would be dying to make the NHL and would adjust there games to make it happen

You aren't scoring but be good defensively and physical every chance you get, those guys play in bottom 6's
He came into camp like a vet finding his legs, he was awful. Every gsme he’s come in this year he’s playing like he has a spot, it’s concerning.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
The Leafs started the game lazily, running and gunning. Anaheim was solid in the first. There were lots of takeaways, and they pinned the Leafs in their zone a lot.
Keefe changed the tactics in the second. Dump and chase now. They actually had to work now. And now they have pinned Anaheim. Tired and confused, the Duck line iced the puck. It was the moment to score the first goal and crush the Ducks. Lazy Brodie skating back instead, and there was no icing. Soon, Anaheim will score and gain momentum.
Plus, the Leafs' defensive coverage is beyond atrocious. They use zonal coverage when they have, like, zero personnel competent enough to apply it. Lots of holes.

• Wow
Reactions: arso40

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don't understand the Holmberg love

The 3rd line still isn't great defensively with him on it and didn't look like they could score either
What is it good for? To skate around doing jack **** while the other guys catch there breath?

Robertson may lack defensively but at least in a game like that one his line has a chance of scoring in the 10 minutes its trusted with
Robertson isn't even bad defensively IMO. He works hard and has been playing a more well rounded game this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad