Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1 in OT

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
He was solid last year when he came up, then tailed off and has looked like a warm body ever since. The third line didn’t look better last night, in fact they played even less. He’s depth, but he isn’t an answer. And where is the jam with this guy to try and win a job?

Agreed, I expect a lot more from a guy who hasn’t been in the lineup much at all this year when he gets his chance to make an impression.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Fun statlines to look at after the game.

Overall, taking into account ALL games played this season by ALL teams, the Leafs offense ranked:

Shot Attempts: Tied for third most in the league for any game played
Shots: Tied for the most in the league for any game played
Scoring chances: Third most in the league for any game played
All those pretty stats, and one goal to show for it. The Leafs are ready for the playoffs baby!

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Kudos to Dostal. He deserved the win, however he was full value for earning his team a point.

Great game by our Leafs. Nylander either shot the puck hard and wide, or hit Dostal with the puck.

Stupid hit by McMann. Maybe a game or 2 suspension incoming.
wtf not even close. That hit didnt even deserve 5 and a game

Reactions: Shanwhatplan

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
The Leafs started the game lazily, running and gunning. Anaheim was solid in the first. There were lots of takeaways, and they pinned the Leafs in their zone a lot.
Keefe changed the tactics in the second. Dump and chase now. They actually had to work now. And now they have pinned Anaheim. Tired and confused, the Duck line iced the puck. It was the moment to score the first goal and crush the Ducks. Lazy Brodie skating back instead, and there was no icing. Soon, Anaheim will score and gain momentum.
Plus, the Leafs' defensive coverage is beyond atrocious. They use zonal coverage when they have, like, zero personnel competent enough to apply it. Lots of holes.
we doubled them in shots 18-9 in the first period....and controlled the entire flow of play. If not for lyubushkin pulling a puck off the line the leafs wouldve gone to the second with a lead.

Why do people make things up?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
We beat one of the worst teams in the league in OT and scored the tying goal with 5 mins in reg.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win but that's not the series of events I would've predicted.
When I saw that they were playing a goalie I had never heard of, it's pretty much exactly what I would have predicted.

• Haha
Reactions: GrizzLeaf

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If one didn't watch the game one doesn't know how laughably one-sided it was.

Dostal was the only reason it was not about 5-0.

5-0 is underselling it. With a moderately burned out basement dwelling goalie, that game could have been 9-1. Probably would have seen some let up on the approach to 10 goals, but there were moments when the Leafs had 2-3 grade A scoring chances on rebound, regroup, point blank and Dostal was right there.

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
Matthews' line started the game with a 40 second shift entirely in the Ducks zone and created a few scoring chances.

What?
Some guy said we were dominated in the first period I was just saying I can only remember them having a few shifts in the first few minutes in our zone

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He was solid last year when he came up, then tailed off and has looked like a warm body ever since. The third line didn’t look better last night, in fact they played even less. He’s depth, but he isn’t an answer. And where is the jam with this guy to try and win a job?

Development isn't linear but the back sliding into generic player status for a guy like Holmberg is frustrating to see.

On the other hand, I'm curious to follow Bobby McMann a little more closely. It seems like he's a bit of a greasy customer and things happen around him. I think he drew a penalty diving a bit last week and something else pinged the radar but I forget.

Reactions: DarkKnight

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I woke up this morning checked the box scores and saw Tavares scored but that was only his 12th of the season. Then I looked at his point total and was surprised what he had after his hot start. First 7 he had 11 points his next 29 games he’s got 22 points. For 33 in 36. 5 goals in his last 20 games.
I woke up this morning checked the box scores and saw Tavares scored but that was only his 12th of the season. Then I looked at his point total and was surprised what he had after his hot start. First 7 he had 11 points his next 29 games he’s got 22 points. For 33 in 36. 5 goals in his last 20 games.
Lol no willy

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON

I hope this works, thus is hilarious lmao! 😂

Awe shucks

Awe shucks

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1087072758991453?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

Awe shucks

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1087072758991453?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

Just cut and paste the link

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
That was one of the funniest games I've seen in a long time. They were toying with them in their zone. I don't pay attention to the ducks but wow they're garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad