TSN: Leafs will be at the forefront of potential Patrick Kane suitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
That is if they are going to sign him. They maybe at the forefront, but there are a few others there too: Detroit, Buffalo, Carolina, Colorado. Dave Poulin, the founder of the thread, said during Saturdays "the quiz", that he thinks Colorado will sign him and that was the consensus among the panel. But long story short- it is up to Kane to sign where he wants regardless of who is at the forefront.
They aren’t at the forefront if they can’t pay him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Even worse, it would be actually be either Karl Alzner or David Savard :laugh:

(Kovalev was acquired via trade and then re-signed as a UFA so I wouldn't count him)

Nah it's Mike Cammerli, he had 2 runs in Montreal he signed there as a UFA the first time

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
By helicopter? I do that drive 20 times a year. Don't even bother arguing that it can be done in 75 minutes with the border. Even in the best-case scenario, that is not possible. Ridiculous.
I literally cross 3 times a week and live in Etobicoke. I follow the border crossing websites to see which are lowest wait times. 1.5 hours max assuming you aren’t driving during rush hour to and from. So yes it can be and is done weekly. Just cause you don’t know how to drive doesn’t make it so

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I always hear BUT he has made millions and about 90% of the time or more these guys don't take discounts and $1.5 M isn't a discount, pro-rated and after taxes he's pretty much playing for free. Leafs will need to clear real cap, if they want him. They need D more anyway. Buffalo needs D more too but needs to sell tickets even more

Cool. Most of the time these guys aren't A) Coming off major surgery B) Wanting to play for a contender only and C) Wanting to play for a contender thats close enough for their father to drive.

• Haha
Reactions: PajamaBoy

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Cool. Most of the time these guys aren't A) Coming off major surgery B) Wanting to play for a contender only and C) Wanting to play for a contender thats close enough for their father to drive.

That might get you to $3 M but not $1.5 M. LOL. That's last contract stuff

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That might get you to $3 M but not $1.5 M. LOL. That's last contract stuff

Again. If Kane wants to check all the boxes he allegedly has, a $3million dollar deal is going to be hard. Unless a contender loses a guy to long term injury and has newfound cap space, the odds aren't great.

Also, taking $1.5million for what is likely going to be 3/4 of the season isn't some crazy idea. He can always try for more money next summer when the cap rises and teams have more space in general. The only potential playoff teams that have enough space (as of today) to fit in a 3 million cap hit would be Columbus and Buffalo.

Even after roster moves in the next week I doubt many will have much cap space if any, and teams usually like to leave a little room for emergencies.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
vacation-candy.gif

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad