Proposal: Leafs - Wild

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Incorrect. Dumba and Suter were on the top pair. Brodin and Spurgeon were on the second pair.

They moved Dumba to the second pair because Spurgeon and Brodin were downright TERRIBLE to start the season, and they needed to mix things up to see if they could get things back on track.

Both Brodin and Spurgeon's games stabilized after their terrible starts.

Spurgeon needed the boost from our best left defenseman in Suter, Brodin needed the boost from our best right defenseman in Dumba.

Suter/Dumba was just as bad.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
What part don't you get when I said donato is better because he's young & his contract is good. Wild can't afford to trade young players
:huh:

Much as I hate being on the same side of the fence as the poster you quoted, where did you ever say this ?

And being young does not make him better.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I don't understand this deal. Leafs goaltending sucks, so we trade Hutch, and Johnsson to get a NCAA goalie and a lesser forward and a replacement level defenceman? Clearly goaltending can't be the point of this deal, the defenceman isn't either. Why are we dealing Johnsson+ for Donato and a goalie prospect then?

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Dude would probably want Dumba+Kaprizov. I've seen how they value Nylander.

Nylander is a first line elite player and has been the leafs' best player this season. Why in the world would the Leafs deal him for two lesser pieces, one of whom isn't even a certainty to come to north america? It makes no sense. The wild don't have anyone that can fetch nylander.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
In your opinion, how far off is a deal of
Nylander for Greenway + Brodin?
Some Leaf fans believe Nylander could bring in substantially more? I’m not so sure. But, everyone is entitled their opinion.
Value wise it's fair IMO. I wouldn't make that trade because I think very highly of Greenway, but if it happened, I couldn't really bitch about the value.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Value wise it's fair IMO. I wouldn't make that trade because I think very highly of Greenway, but if it happened, I couldn't really ***** about the value.

Only non wild fans would think it's fair! Brodin alone is worth Nylander. Toronto fans overrafe Nylander! Wild gm loves brodin .

Why the hell would wild trade A top piece & good young player . This is a bad trade for wild

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Only non wild fans would think it's fair! Brodin alone is worth Nylander. Toronto fans overrafe Nylander! Wild gm loves brodin .

Why the hell would wild trade A top piece & good young player . This is a bad trade for wild
I disagree. I think the value is fair. Also, you quoted another Wild fan also calling it fair.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I like Brodin, and I think his lack of offensive productivity actually kind of makes him underrated in other areas, but you have a very inflated opinion of his value and abilities.

Reactions: TaLoN

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
I like Brodin, and I think his lack of offensive productivity actually kind of makes him underrated in other areas, but you have a very inflated opinion of his value and abilities.

Nope, just other teams fan bases & minority of other wild fans dont think highly of brodin. 90 to 95 percent would tell you different.

Brodin is a shut down defenseman who can also play on any team 1d core. He's that good & bi guerin would lose his job & get blasted in twin cities media for trading brodin and not getting a top player back. It's would be Fenton like to trade brodin and greenway. If anything it would be brodin for William Nylander and nothing more. Toronto fans thinking bad of thinking way more of Nylander and less of a wild player like Brodin is a problem

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Nope, just other teams fan bases & minority of other wild fans dont think highly of brodin. 90 to 95 percent would tell you different.

Brodin is a shut down defenseman who can also play on any team 1d core. He's that good & bi guerin would lose his job & get blasted in twin cities media for trading brodin and not getting a top player back. It's would be Fenton like to trade brodin and greenway. If anything it would be brodin for William Nylander and nothing more. Toronto fans thinking bad of thinking way more of Nylander and less of a wild player like Brodin is a problem

Please tell me a name of a player that you would comfortable trading Brodin for.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
William Nylander but not the package ignorant fans especially Toronto ones are posting about. If you trade brodin you don't add. It would be 1 on one maybe the other team giving a pick like 3rd round also back to wild

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Need some clarification please-

90 to 95 percent of who/what?
What exactly is a 1d core?
Is the bolded even English?

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Wild don't really need anyone left wing in Johnson. Why would wild need g Hutchinson? Wild have no room.in Iowa. So why would wild trade 3 players to Toronto 1?

Seeler may not be playing but wild aren't looking to trade him anytime soon. Donate can probably be had but not 1 & 1 for Johnson . Johnson contract isn't better than donato & donato is better right now.

In what world is Donato better right now? Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad