:leafs

Johnson
Hollowell
Hutchinson

:wild

Donato
Seeler
Rights to Filip Lindberg

Am i way off. I dont know how much Wild value Ryan but he would be exactly what we need IMO. Dont torch me too badly

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Ryan Donato is the last thing the Leafs need. He also needs more time to develop the rest of his game outside of the offensive zone, should probably be sent down for a while.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would rather keep our pieces?

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Wild don't really need anyone left wing in Johnson. Why would wild need g Hutchinson? Wild have no room.in Iowa. So why would wild trade 3 players to Toronto 1?

Seeler may not be playing but wild aren't looking to trade him anytime soon. Donate can probably be had but not 1 & 1 for Johnson . Johnson contract isn't better than donato & donato is better right now.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
:leafs

Johnson
Hollowell
Hutchinson

:wild

Donato
Seeler
Rights to Filip Lindberg

Am i way off. I dont know how much Wild value Ryan but he would be exactly what we need IMO. Dont torch me too badly
Minnesota's in kind of a tight spot with Donato. I think Fenton's plan was pretty clearly to trade Zucker and have Donato ready to take over those minutes in the top-9... but it didn't work out that way. So now Donato's stuck on the 4th line for the time being and it isn't clear where he'll be once Foligno's back from his injury.

Personally I'd explore moving Foligno or Zucker before selling low on Donato, but it's hard not to consider him available. The problem with this particular deal is that it just puts an older, more expensive Andreas Johnsson in the exact same predicament.

Frankly, trading him for futures probably makes more sense for the Wild.

Reactions: Givememoneyback

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Wild don't really need anyone left wing in Johnson. Why would wild need g Hutchinson? Wild have no room.in Iowa. So why would wild trade 3 players to Toronto 1?

Seeler may not be playing but wild aren't looking to trade him anytime soon. Donate can probably be had but not 1 & 1 for Johnson . Johnson contract isn't better than donato & donato is better right now.

Lmao what? Johnsson had more points last season than Donato has had in his entire career.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Toronto would target the likes of Greenway.
I’d have no problem dealing Nylander for Greenway + Brodin

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Toronto would target the likes of Greenway.
I’d have no problem dealing Nylander for Greenway + Brodin
Toronto fans are really funny. Brodin alone gets William Nylander. What part don't you get wild aren't trading young players? My gosh. I am not even sure bill guerin would do Nylander straight up for brodin

Reactions: Givememoneyback

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Value aside, Hutchinson is more ready than Lindberg rn obviously. Doesn't make sense for the Leafs to trade him when they're making a playoff push

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Toronto fans are really funny. Brodin alone gets William Nylander. What part don't you get wild aren't trading young players? My gosh. I am not even sure bill guerin would do Nylander straight up for brodin
Brodin for Nylander would be a no-brainer for Guerin.

You also need to stop speaking in absolutes as if you have a clue what the Wild are planning on doing.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I would rather hold onto Johnsson. But not gonna lie, I actually stared at my screen for a solid 10 seconds trying to figure out who Johnson was lmao

Reactions: Ashdown2

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Brodin for Nylander would be a no-brainer for Guerin.

You also need to stop speaking in absolutes as if you have a clue what the Wild are planning on doing.

Maybe because Toronto fans Keep raising the bar. Wild aren't trading brodin then adding on to get Nylander

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seeler is a physical, good skating #6-7 LHD with a 700K contract who has been beaten out of a job. Nice, for some teams, but Leafs would probably prefer Pateryn(RHD) if they are getting a Dman.

Donato looked really good for the last part of last year, and like an AHL'er this year, last night's pretty goal aside. I don't even know the other guy.

Why would the Leafs want to trade Johnsson for any of that? Why would the Wild make a trade where the main piece coming back is a LW?

Why? WHY?? WHY???

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I am not a Leafs fan but I would do that deal from a Leafs perspective. Johnsson is by far the best player right now, Seeler is big but he’s not better than anyone in the Leafs top 6. This would be trading 2 quarters for 3 dimes type trade for the Leafs.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
I am not a Leafs fan but I would do that deal from a Leafs perspective. Johnsson is by far the best player right now, Seeler is big but he’s not better than anyone in the Leafs top 6. This would be trading 2 quarters for 3 dimes type trade for the Leafs.

Wild have no reason to do this, none

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I don't really know why the Wild do this. Not that they are losing out on value or anything, but Donato is already stuck on the 4th line because of the overload of wingers. Johnsson shouldn't be on the 4th line, but neither should Greenway and if this trade happens those are the only two options for the Wild. On top of that, the Wild already need to make space on the wing by the start of next season so there's no reason to be getting more wingers back in trade at this point.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
God no. Not right now. He is our best goalie, sad to say. Dubnyk is dealing with some problems, so I don't want to come down on him too much, but he has been losing games for the Wild this year. Check in again at the TDL.

Oh, Donato scored another pretty goal. His price has just shot up!

I'd like to have Nylander on the Wild, but not at the expense of Brodin and Greenway. The former is playing really well, and FINALLY meshing with Dumba, and the GEEK line is playing too well to break up. Exchanging Greenway for Nylander would make our forwards very small, and soft. Parise, Zucker, Zuccarello, Fiala, Donato, Rask, and now Nylander?

10 ply.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad