Proposal: Leafs - Wild

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Wild fans. Would you guys deal Alex Stalock or no?

I don't like Stalock that much so in a void yes, but I'd rather keep him for now and let Kähkönen develop properly in the minors. When Kähkönen is ready, you can have Stalock for a 6 pack of Bud Light.

Last edited:

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
:leafs

Johnson
Hollowell
Hutchinson

:wild

Donato
Seeler
Rights to Filip Lindberg

Am i way off. I dont know how much Wild value Ryan but he would be exactly what we need IMO. Dont torch me too badly

giphy-downsized-large.gif

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I don't like Stalock that much so in a void yes, but I'd rather keep him for now and let Kähkönen develop properly in the minors. When Kähkönen is ready, you can have Stalock for a 6 pack of Bud Light.

What if the leafs gave the wild a worse goaltender back, like Hutchinson?

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
I'd do it in a heart beat. Value is skewed to wild. 1D is over what brodin is (and I love brodin) IMO.
Brodin would be 1d on any team! Brodin has played 1d & 2d pair on wild. The reason wild has been winning again is because Brodreau switched brodin to dumba on 2nd pair as dumba can't play defense to save his life. Literally wild have the best DCore in league with Sutter Spurgeon, Brodin & Dumba as wild top 4

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Brodin would be 1d on any team! Brodin has played 1d & 2d pair on wild. The reason wild has been winning again is because Brodreau switched brodin to dumba on 2nd pair as dumba can't play defense to save his life. Literally wild have the best DCore in league with Sutter Spurgeon, Brodin & Dumba as wild top 4
Sutter? Really? Just awful takes all around. When did Suter play on the 2nd pair?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Read again. Did I say Suter play on 2nd pair? I said wild have 4 of the best dmen. Brodin plays with dumba on 2nd pair
You said that Brodin got moved to the 2nd pair to help Dumba. If he "got switched to the 2nd pair" where was he before the switch?

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
You said that Brodin got moved to the 2nd pair to help Dumba. If he "got switched to the 2nd pair" where was he before the switch?

He was with Suter as 1st d pairing. But for two reasons, sutter loves playing with Spurgeon, Brodin got moved to 2nd pair. Also because of dumba struggling early this year they moved brodin to 2nd d pair to help dumba .

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He was with Suter as 1st d pairing. But for two reasons, sutter loves playing with Spurgeon, Brodin got moved to 2nd pair. Also because of dumba struggling early this year they moved brodin to 2nd d pair to help dumba .
Brodin hasn't played with Suter since the 14-15 season. Again you say that Brodin was "moved to the 2nd pair early this year". That doesn't ake much sense when he has been on the 2nd pair for the past 5 seasons. Dumba was paired with Brodin because Spurgeon couldn't cut it playing with Brodin. Had nothing to do with "protecting" Dumba and even less to do with anything that concerned Brodin.

Brodin is a very good stay at home defenseman that can hold his own against the best players in the league, but to say that he would be a #1D on any team in the league is nothing more than pure ignorance.

Reactions: nstarjim

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Incorrect. Dumba and Suter were on the top pair. Brodin and Spurgeon were on the second pair.

They moved Dumba to the second pair because Spurgeon and Brodin were downright TERRIBLE to start the season, and they needed to mix things up to see if they could get things back on track.

Both Brodin and Spurgeon's games stabilized after their terrible starts.

Spurgeon needed the boost from our best left defenseman in Suter, Brodin needed the boost from our best right defenseman in Dumba.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Wild don't really need anyone left wing in Johnson. Why would wild need g Hutchinson? Wild have no room.in Iowa. So why would wild trade 3 players to Toronto 1?

Seeler may not be playing but wild aren't looking to trade him anytime soon. Donate can probably be had but not 1 & 1 for Johnson . Johnson contract isn't better than donato & donato is better right now.
That's funny. Johnsson has more than twice as many goals, and nearly three times as many points, as Donato.

Johnson can also play defense, and penalty kill...while Donato is atrocious in the defensive end.

Donato is nowhere near worth Johnsson...and I'm a fan of neither team.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Toronto fans are really funny. Brodin alone gets William Nylander. What part don't you get wild aren't trading young players? My gosh. I am not even sure bill guerin would do Nylander straight up for brodin
Then he is going to fail as a GM and isn't very smart.

You should always trade a non-top-pair defenseman for a top-6 forward.

Only thing is, without good centers in Minnesota, Nylander might not be as good as he is in Toronto.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Then he is going to fail as a GM and isn't very smart.

You should always trade a non-top-pair defenseman for a top-6 forward.

Only thing is, without good centers in Minnesota, Nylander might not be as good as he is in Toronto.

Funny enough Nylander is at his best when he is playing centre

Last edited:

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
That's funny. Johnsson has more than twice as many goals, and nearly three times as many points, as Donato.

Johnson can also play defense, and penalty kill...while Donato is atrocious in the defensive end.

Donato is nowhere near worth Johnsson...and I'm a fan of neither team.

Nah - see he gets paid less and hes younger. So you're wrong. Sorry.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
nylander is worth more than brodin. I don't see the wild adding greenway. also we have zero need for Johnson. Need to loose LW players for Kaprizov spot.

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad