GDT: Leafs vs Wild 7:30 PM Sportsnet

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I agree.

I think Soshnikov stays up the rest of the season to maintain good relations so he doesn't head back to Russia...

We have the 'They're young' excuse with Nylander and Kapanen...

Every interview with Soshnikov has indicated that he's willing to do whatever it takes to succeed, play and win a Stanley Cup in the NHL. Don't think he's a flight risk at all.

Marner

Hi I'm Mitch
Jan 30, 2010
Ottawa
another loss tonight :D?

giphy.gif

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I love the attitude of all our younger guys. Its the right attitude, light, and fun. They aren't corrupted by losing yet :laugh:

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Emergency recall ... seems there was debate here about not being able to do those because of the regular ups?

So running with 4 regular and 1 emergency tonight?

Yep. I'll bet we see more "emergency" recalls as the season winds down too. Atleast one more for Connor Brown.

Last edited:

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014

Interesting that Babber mentioned that awful call on Soshnikov last night. Wonder if the league will have a little chat with him about that. I'd love to be able to listen on the 3-way call between the league, Babs & Lou.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Why do people keep assuming that Nylander and Kapanen are going to be sent down after this game?

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Interesting that Babber mentioned that awful call on Soshnikov last night. Wonder if the league will have a little chat with him about that. I'd love to be able to listen on the 3-way call between the league, Babs & Lou.

Somehow Gerry would be apologizing to Lou, Babs and Shanny by the end of that call

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

I listened to it again, it's around the 4:40 mark but he said the penalty was a joke but didn't blame the refereeing, it sounds more like he thought it was more of a dive, because of the weight difference.

I don't think there will be any repercussions.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
But why those two and not Hyman or Sosh? (likely not Sosh though to be honest)

Sosh has been playing the best out of them, so not him. Hyman's older, and can't be sent down again next year. Need to figure out what we have in him more so than Kappy and Willy.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Based on the Leafs play the last two games I would not be surprised if they win tonight, despite having played the night before. Against Tampa they lost 2-1 and the winning goal was a bad one given up by Sparks, if that never happens we see Kadri score late and makes it a 1-1 tie with Sparks pulled for the 6 on 5. Last night against Washington who is the best team in the NHL, Toronto ties it 2-2 after being down 2-0 and don't forget prior to tying the game Kadri had a goal waived off for a high stick. If it was a few inches lower the game is tied earlier in the 3rd period, then Colin Greening would have given them a 3-2 lead.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Couldn't they swap Michalek Bozak and Parenteau out for 3 other vets and leave the kids in the lineup. Something like

Soshnikov Kadri Komarov
Michalek Nylander Parenteau
Kapanen Bozak Hyman
Laich Holland Grabner

Extras

Greening Smith Boyes

Hunwick Rielly
Gardiner Corrado
Marincin Carrick

Sparks
Bernier

Still within the 23 man limit