Post-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sens- Preseason game 1, Tuesday September 17th 5:30, let the hockey begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Slow? Have you seen him play more than last night? Read every scouting report on him - they all credit him with above average skating/speed. He ain't slow, just has a very unorthodox style to his stride. It doesn't look "pretty" and more along what Kapannen probably meant by his comments.
I have seen him play from atom when he was 10 with Sens. Again he has never been a great skater from day 1 but outstanding hands. I have known Rino for a very long time. Can't wait to share a beer with him at Scotia. Great city worker. But if I remember right he retired.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Just after 1 pre season game you have given your (expert) verdict - great
Not at all. I hope he makes the squad. We need more Toronto/Miss kids on the team. I just think it is super strange with way Babs is handling it. But like I said this could be all Babs.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Slow? Have you seen him play more than last night? Read every scouting report on him - they all credit him with above average skating/speed. He ain't slow, just has a very unorthodox style to his stride. It doesn't look "pretty" and more along what Kapannen probably meant by his comments.

here's the clip of kap joking about jeremy's skating not being 'the best we've ever seen' (0:50):

Leafs' Kasperi Kapanen raves about Jeremy Bracco's passing, vision

unorthodox or slow, take it how you will; for me, as long as he gets from A to B at a decent pace, who cares how it looks

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
It's too early to judge individual performances, but I liked that they've revamped the breakouts entirely. It looks much more similar to how the Marlies breakout now.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
It's too early to judge individual performances, but I liked that they've revamped the breakouts entirely. It looks much more similar to how the Marlies breakout now.

will have to keep an eye on it tonight

no more home run lob passes over the neutral zone to a streaking winger?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
How do the Marlie's breakout, are you talking a set break or a transitional breakout,etc?

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
How do the Marlie's breakout, are you talking a set break or a transitional breakout,etc?

Usually a slip pass to the forward underneath.

The other breakout is they overload one side of the ice, forcing the opponent to follow, then fire a cross-ice pass to the defender on the other side who then has space to skate it out.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
I'm not going get too happy after 1 game, but it's nice if Babcock adjusted the breakout.
Nice of him to listen to a coach who is actually doing things the right way.

Wow, that is an interesting take. I didn't realize how different our breakout scheme was until I read an Athletic article this am.

Reeeaaly early I know.

I personally have become more comfortable with our spread and shred approach to xGF.

Sadly, there very little data to judge these approaches yet.

Reactions: stickty111

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Excited to get a look at Mikheyev tonight. Hope we have something there as he seems to be penned in to the team already.
Also looking forward to seeing the fringe guys fighting for those last couple spots. Namely (for me) Agostino,Petan,Aberg and to a lesser degree Read.
Facing a better Ottawa team tonight than what they threw out last night. Looks like Brown and Ennis are getting big opportunity. Brown is up with Tkachuk and White. While Ennis has Anisimov and Ryan. Assuming these are going to be Ottawa's top 2 lines October 2

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I noticed the breakout change too. Lets hope we keep it simple. Either shuttle pass to centre or back to open side defender. KISS. I only saw 1 guy try the stretch and it went for icing. Must be the new coaches having some impact. or Dubie telling Babs he had to change things up. When you have Matty, JT and Kerfoot I'd much rather have puck on their stick or Rielly/Barrie skating it up the ice.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
you don't think he worked with her all summer, along with Brooks, Gauthier and Marchement?

He needs more, it's taken Gauthier years to improve his skating and until Korshkov's acceleration is better I don't see him making the team

So get him back with a skating coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad