GDT: Leafs vs Sens 7pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
IMO it seems more that the Leafs play down to the level of their opponent.

If ONLY they could play to the level the Sens rise to when they play us. Trust me the Sens don't play that way against all teams....if they did they would be challenging for top seed not virtually assured of last place.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
DAMN I didn't think our shot differential was in the negative i.e. giving up more shots on goal versus putting shots on goal. Is Carlyle's spirit haunting us this season? LOL

Our PK needs some heavy duty work though

We don't need as many shots to score goals :sarcasm:

It's a mix of three things: 1) A lot of teams are just throwing anything at the net against us (and you can probably guess why); 2) We don't do that as often, but we get better shots on net; 3) NHL shot tracking has been awful this year.

As for PK, I guess we will see how we do with Campbell in net. 0 goals against on 3 penalties last game with Campbell in net. Andersen has given up at least one in every single loss in this skid. The only game he did not, we won in OT. .720 save percentage on the PK in that time. Our PK was not perfect, but Andersen has consistently been the worst PKer on our team since the start of the season and the only reason it is as bad as it is right now.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If anything it is the other way around. Marner struggles unless he has people to finish off his plays. They are making it sound like Bozak and JvR are scrubs but JvR was a consistent high-20's scorer without Marner and Bozak was a solid 2C back in those days. Matthews can play with anyone and do extremely well.
Marner was the defensive help on that line and coincidentally they both had career years having someone to play defense for them. Just a bit different take for you to jog your memory

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Leafs need to light these guys up. They don't have NHL goaltending, FFS! Stop overthinking things and trying to pass it into the net. I feel like Leafs are being too fancy at times.

I'm fine if they want to pass it into the net .....after they have built up an insurmountable lead and crushed their spirit. Until then though, as you say stop trying to make the highlight reel just outwork them and get to the net.

Reactions: LeafsRus

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
IMO it seems more that the Leafs play down to the level of their opponent.

All Situations

Vs. WPG: 62.7xgf% (#1), .882sv% (#5)
Vs. EDM: 49.1xgf% (#3), .936sv% (#2)
Vs. MTL: 55.9xgf% (#2), .912sv% (#4)

Vs. CGY: 54.4xgf% (#1), .920sv% (#2)
Vs. VAN: 61.9xgf% (#1), .913sv% (#4)
Vs. OTT: 51.8xgf% (#2), .877sv% (#6)

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Might seem reactionary but losing tonight would be almost as embarrassing as the Zamboni driver. No excuse to not win by multiple goals tonight.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
No.

Nothing tops that.

Not sure about that. This is supposed to be a cup contending team who struggles to beat a team projected to be bottom 3. We are healthy, rested. They are on 3 games in 4 nights. We lost our grip on the division due to losing 6 of 7. A poor response tonight is embarrassing and proof nothing has changed IMO.

Reactions: egd27

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Not sure about that. This is supposed to be a cup contending team who struggles to beat a team projected to be bottom 3. We are healthy, rested. They are on 3 games in 4 nights. We lost our grip on the division due to losing 6 of 7. A poor response tonight is embarrassing and proof nothing has changed IMO.

Any NHL team can lose to another NHL team.

That team lost to a literal Zamboni driver. Nothing tops that. That is a game that lives in infamy.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I'm fine if they want to pass it into the net .....after they have built up an insurmountable lead and crushed their spirit. Until then though, as you say stop trying to make the highlight reel just outwork them and get to the net.

It's just too bad that even that doesn't work anymore for them, remember they had a 5-1 lead and lost 6-5 to the Sens, and the comeback started with late 2nd period shorthanded goal. So who knows what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad