GDT: Leafs vs Sens 7pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Timmy Peel could keep the Sens in the game long enough to catch some breaks and create that exciting finish. Love that fake parity!!!

Tempted to go see who's reffing. Tell me it's not that Skeletor joker?
Actually it was usually a guaranteed loss.
It will be Ottawa's 4th or 5th string goalie tonight, so could be tough for them, especially after 3 in 4 nights.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I have kind of enjoyed this little break. Was able to watch a new Netflix show and spend some time with my wife. Funny thing is, there is a lot less drama on netflix compared to a post game thread here after a loss. The good news is, we won't have to worry about that tonight. Leafs are winning. Take it to the bank. Let's go.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
After these two long breaks, I'm hoping that Matthews' wrist is good to go and he can get back into rhythm. He's dominated the Sens in his career, so I'm hoping he's chomping at the bit to get in there and hopefully can pot a couple of goals.

Until I see him rip home a wrist shot, my level of concern will remain high for him.

Reactions: frizzer1

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Yup, Matthews can't score without Marner apparently... perhaps someone should read this to Matty, to piss him off a little.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Simmonds back and Campbell in net, team rested and Ottawa's 3rd game in 4 nights seems to point to a dominant Toronto win.

But sports history has shown us over and over that very little breaks the way we expect. Leafs trail early but comeback and take it 5-4 in OT. Matthews gets 3.
Didn't you post this same post previously? I have some sort of deja vu when reading this.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
LEADER. JT learn from this.... Teach and grow your team
Thorny will get us to the promised land sire. He did that ONE time with the sesharks. They went to the finals and lost it to the penguinos. Now we have a chance with our current, more legendary and more talented team.

Our Simmonds line might also kill-hard-tonight sire. They that hard.

Reactions: al secord

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Yup, Matthews can't score without Marner apparently... perhaps someone should read this to Matty, to piss him off a little.

Its a weird comment considering Smith was on the bench when Matthews scored 40 and finished 2nd in goals as a rookie playing with Hyman/Nylander/Brown. He spent ~40% of that season with Connor Brown as the best passer on his wings lmao.

This is why I actually want Marner and Matthews split up, at least sometimes. I think Marner can be more valuable elevating Tavares while Matty doesn't need as much help.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014

It's funny how goal-scorers need playmakers. Some might even call that synergy. Next thing you know they'll start saying the
playmaker and goal-scorer need a little defensive chippy guy on their line too.

Reactions: Buds17

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

If anything it is the other way around. Marner struggles unless he has people to finish off his plays. They are making it sound like Bozak and JvR are scrubs but JvR was a consistent high-20's scorer without Marner and Bozak was a solid 2C back in those days. Matthews can play with anyone and do extremely well.

Reactions: stickty111

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Never paid much attention to the standings this season ---at least not until now.

Looks like top of division is starting to get tight, must string a few games to pull away again.

nSsl7Q8.png

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The idea that Matthews needs Marner to score is asinine. Like don’t get me wrong they make a good duo but if Keefe ever decided to separate them I would expect that neither of them would miss a beat.

I'd expect both of them to miss a beat or two, but I would expect Marner to suffer more because not many convert passes like Matthews can. We probably have seen this since with the wrist injury Marner is playing with Matty lite.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If we lose this one we need to hire some sports psychologists stat. I realize they have these already in house or on retainer but you would have to clean house in that area.

I just don't understand how a basement team can be motivated to beat a far superior team as often as Ottawa beats us. Sure you can say "it's their Stanley Cup" or the usual fan effort to explain it away. But at some point if you can't get up and convincingly beat a bottom dweller who you KNOW is going to bring their absolute best against you as their top rival - then you essentially have a team that can't possibly be expected to match playoff intensity in a playoff series.

So sick of seeing the Sens game plan against us work perfectly. I live here in Ottawa and it SUCKS! Figure it out and beat these guys FFS!
IMO it seems more that the Leafs play down to the level of their opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad