Post-Game Talk: Leafs vs Rangers- Oct 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Record is perhaps the wrong term. "Individual milestone" is better.

First career goal? Check.

New career high in goals? Check

Hometown boy scores against the Leafs? Check

Former Leaf scores against the Leafs? Check

First career shutout against the Leafs? Check

Slumpbuster goal? Check

and on...and on....and on

My point is that every team have these against them. To think this happens to the Leafs more than any other team is completely foolish and ignorant.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Let's just suck it up. The Leafs were not going to make the playoffs so every loss is what this team needs for its long term rebuild.

At least the Leafs are tough to play against, IMHO.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
My point is that every team have these against them. To think this happens to the Leafs more than any other team is completely foolish and ignorant.

Well, to get technical, its not completely foolish. The Leafs have allowed the third most goals against over the past three years. So a lot of people are scoring against us. I can't prove it now, but I'd also bet that the GTA contributes the most players of any single city metropolitan area in the league, so theres more "hometown boys" to score against the us then any other city..

EDIT - If you want to go back further, the Leafs have allowed the most goals (2500) in the league since the 2004 lockout.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?repor...2006&seasonTo=20152016&gameType=2&aggregate=1

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Well, to get technical, its not completely foolish. The Leafs have allowed the third most goals against over the past three years. So a lot of people are scoring against us. I can't prove it now, but I'd also bet that the GTA contributes the most players of any single city metropolitan area in the league, so theres more "hometown boys" to score against the us then any other city..

EDIT - If you want to go back further, the Leafs have allowed the most goals (2500) in the league since the 2004 lockout.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?repor...2006&seasonTo=20152016&gameType=2&aggregate=1

At least we're the best at something.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
I don't think they have a 1st. line, they just have lines that Babcock divvies out ice time to.

Babcock probably doesn't know who is getting what ice time until the game unfolds.

He plays who seems to be playing well at a given time.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
And we get Kessel tomorrow night :help: Get to see some snipes.

How?

This team sucks offensively but has been one of the best defensively on even strength. Offense and special teams are killing them along with goaltending.

We have played decent to great in every game outside of The one against Detroit. Pittsburgh isn't going to light us up. We will lose a close one though.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I don't think they have a 1st. line, they just have lines that Babcock divvies out ice time to.

Babcock probably doesn't know who is getting what ice time until the game unfolds.

I agree, that's what I was saying before the other poster tried to bait a Kadri v. Bozak debate.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

That's so ****ing depressing.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
How?

This team sucks offensively but has been one of the best defensively on even strength. Offense and special teams are killing them along with goaltending.

We have played decent to great in every game outside of The one against Detroit. Pittsburgh isn't going to light us up. We will lose a close one though.

Don't like our chances. To many scorers on the Pens. Don't need many now a days to beat the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad