Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Preds (not happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
this is going to be season that everyone remembers for a long time ( not for good reasons). Starting with Matthews incidence, to babcock being fired ,post Babs firing drama, multi injuries, losing to zambroni driver and now this...

what a season...
Disagree, all people will remember is the Corona shortened season.
We can take that as a blessing in all this mess.

Reactions: al secord

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
hypothetically speaking; suppose they did not want to extend the season and resume hockey in April; how would they decide playoffs births?

pro-rate the pts to 82 games and the teams that finish top 3 in the divisions and wildcard go on to play in the playoffs?

Example:

Leafs have 81 pts in 70 games so in 82 games that pro-rates to: 95 pts (rounded from 94.8)

Florida has 78 pts in 69 games so in 82 games that pro-rates to: 93 pts (rounded from 92.7)

i.e. Leafs will make the playoffs and Florida would miss by 2 pts???

NYI makes it as a 2nd wildcard spot but columbs drops out after pro-rating.; etc...

if pts are tied then use the RW, ROW, GF etc... metric (again pro-rated)

Or is the season cancelled altogether or another complicated math to decide who makes the playoffs if they want to keep the "off-days" the same for the players in the summer

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'm surprised they would tell them that before announcing the postponement
Seems likely to me too. The refs are already in cities where they are reffing last night. So if announcement at 1 or 2 today most should be able to get home this afternoon you would think. But who knows NBA shut down league without owners approval so anything can happen. Bettman calls up Jacobs last night and says we should shut down ok? Jacobs says give me da morning and call me back. Then he gives Bettman the answer after he has talked to his guys. This is likely what really went down. But I'd assume Bettman gave Jacobs da lets shut er down recommendation.

Reactions: ACC1224

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
There's this lady in the house who seems to want to talk to me during the games. Maybe I should finally talk to her? :dunno:

itsatrap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad