Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Preds (not happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd03

May 28, 2016
In a couple of hours they will be no hockey for a couple of weeks if
not longer.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I imagine they need the Owners in agreement, probably voting on it as we type.
Just the optics of playing would be terrible for the league.

I’d assume you’re correct. NBA didn’t even do an owners vote (mark Cuban found out via social media or on his phone lol)

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If the league cancels the game, do you think the fans should be entitled to get a refund on the tickets?

I have tickets to tonights game... :(
For sure you'll get a refund, I doubt it will be quick.

I sold a pair for next week on StubHub, wonder how they'll handle that refund?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
"Ohhhh mother, I can feel, the soil falling over my head.

I know it's over, still i cling, i don't know where else i can go.....

...over....over...over...overrrrrrrr.

I know it's over. And it never really began. But in my heart, it was so real."

Reactions: dirty stanchion

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I don't think empty arenas is a solution. They will just put the season on hold for 2 weeks or so and re-evaluate then

That would seem like the logical solution, to fall in line with other major sports and take some time to allow things to unfold with better information on how to move forward under these conditions.

Its even in the best interest of everyone including the owner's because butts in seats in home areas is what generates a large portion of their revenue in order to pay player salaries.. Playing games in empty arenas doesn't bring in gate receipts and doesn't pay the bills.

So not only for health & safety reasons as the #1 priority, but postponing and replaying at a later date in full arenas is the better option financially also.

Reactions: PromisedLand

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If the league cancels the game, do you think the fans should be entitled to get a refund on the tickets?

I have tickets to tonights game... :(
They refund your credit card. At least MLSE does. They take your money for playoff tickets and then refund for games not played. This regular season thing who knows but I would bet heavy they refund price per game. Or maybe they will offset against playoffs (if any) or next season. Who knows how they will do it but eventually you will get your money back.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They refund your credit card. At least MLSE does. They take your money for playoff tickets and then refund for games not played. This regular season thing who knows but I would bet heavy they refund price per game. Or maybe they will offset against playoffs (if any) or next season. Who knows how they will do it but eventually you will get your money back.

They will be pushing any option that doesn't require paying money back.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Sorry if it's already been asked/answered but for those saying that the NHL is a gate-driven league and TV revenue isn't enough to keep the season going (if they play to empty arenas)....what about the NHL GameCentre / Centre Ice subscriptions they would have to refund 12 games is about 1/7th of the season....that's quite a bit of money to refund. Would it not make sense to keep the season going on a bare bones staff and keep that TV money already collected?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
sure I guess that’s true. But wouldn’t Shilton etc be there tweeting ?
There are no reporters allowed. So only team personnel would be there. I mean no one would know either way i guess. Guys get to rink and I would assume coach would say boys we aren't skating go home. or maybe they did and it was not a team skate who knows. Da ice is booked so who knows who went on it.

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
this is going to be season that everyone remembers for a long time ( not for good reasons). Starting with Matthews incidence, to babcock being fired ,post Babs firing drama, multi injuries, losing to zambroni driver and now this...

what a season...

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad