GDT: Leafs vs Pens- Player game

Status
Not open for further replies.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
people keep harping on our defense but that 5-3 was embarrassing and was a microcosm of what is wrong with our offense. we were built with a high powered offense and an above average goalie to outscore our defensive problems. but with marner trying to dangle 3 guys on a 5v3 and the forwards just passing along the perimeter until a bad pass gets intercepted our offense is not good anymore.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Leafs win 1-0, goal by Hyman
Let me guess, empty net goal when Jarry, or Murray, fall behind the net coughing the puck up directly to Hyman!

Only problem there is we'd have to trade Andersen to them for this to actually happen, as Jarry and Murray can actually handle the puck while skating.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Nylander-Tavares-Bracco
Engvall-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Malgin-Spezza-Korshkov

Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Barrie
Sandin-Lilj

Thats my lineup...I dont see a point of anything else. Clifford aint cutting it for us. Go back to what was working for us, all out skill and puck possesion. Give Bracco a shot already, everybody else got one.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Huge loss coming up. Hopefully Keefe pulls Andersen after he gives up 3 goals in the first. We'll have 2 periods to recover with Campbell. If all else fails call a timeout and plead for mercy.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
As this is a huge game, I imagine they fold.

That's a pretty safe bet

Huge loss coming up. Hopefully Keefe pulls Andersen after he gives up 3 goals in the first. We'll have 2 periods to recover with Campbell. If all else fails call a timeout and plead for mercy.

If Andersen starts and sucks I want him left in, you **** the bed you should be forced to sit in it

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Keefe mentioned how he thinks Malgin has done well when playing with good players. Maybe he gets a chance higher than the 4th line to start

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
After so much pressure and criticism by the media/fans and then getting brutally called out by your coach.....

If they still somehow come out flat than sell the team

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Dubas should be telling this team to get 4 points by Monday or he's pulling the chute. It won't happen, but that's what should be happening.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The Leafs will lose again.

Sidney Crosby loves to play in Toronto. He will put on a show.

The Leafs defense will be mesmerized by Sid the Kid stick handling, leading to easy tap in goals against, which again the fan base will blame Andersen.

After firing Babcock, the new coach implemented a new system. That took the league by surprise.

Since the league has now adjusted to the run and gun style of the Leafs, what we see is what we get.

:deadhorse

Last edited:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Seems to me, that all the other teams what they are doing is rather basic to snuff out the Leafs attack.

Forecheck hard, as the Leafs defense coughs up the puck without a fight.

If the Leafs get a rush going, all the other team has to do is have someone skate right down the middle. The Leafs will carry the puck from good ice to the boards, and that's it.

Teams do not have to play the trap against the Leafs anymore. Just forecheck hard and the Leafs defense will give you the puck. Then skate back down the middle. No one on the Leafs want to venture into the dirty areas.

Look at the way the Leafs play a 5 on 3 power play!

:baghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad