Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Pens(April 8th) -do you really want the playoffs? Then show it

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lou and Shanny possibly could talk to this team. The team needs to quit worrying about whats on the line and simply play the game. If you play like you have in this stretch run, than your fine. Play fast and play the right away.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Muarry not practicing today, speculation is a minor injury from a split-save vs. New Jersey...Would be huge if our offense could go to town on Fluery

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
lol Sullivan is "coy" that he might rest Crosby. Malkin is close to return though.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
As a Pens fan, I would like to see the Leafs in the playoffs. As long as they play superhard vs Washington. Btw Malkin will probably be a game-time decision tomorrow. There is a chance that he plays. We are not gonna ice some AHL lineup, even the guys from AHL are looking like legit NHLers, probably giving more effort than some NHLers. Crosby probably will be rested, but maybe he would like to secure RR before he can take the rest on Sunday vs Rangers. Fleury will be the likely starter. Maatta might play. Yeah guys, you will have to earn it, but don´t expect a super hungry Pens team tomorrow.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If Leafs are down a couple goals in the game and struggling for offense and Babcock still runs Hyman-Matthews together with us losing.....

Babcock's ridiculous ego will be the reason why we don't make it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We couldnt beat the Syracuse Crunch last night. Honestly, we'd probably play better against the Pens full roster.

The roster was not the problem. Tampa Bay got up for that game, the Leafs did not. The Penguins are going to be playing to avoid being hurt, the Leafs are going to be playing to continue their season. It's not the same situation at all, and a loss should be unacceptable

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
Kessel scores with 17 seconds left in regulation and takes his shirt off.. Causes drama but leafs beat Blue Jackets 4-2 on Sunday to squeak in only to get smashed by Washington in 5... We still celebrate a great season until headline news breaks that Gary Leeman returns to bang someones wife.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Kessel scores with 17 seconds left in regulation and takes his shirt off.. Causes drama but leafs beat Blue Jackets 4-2 on Sunday to squeak in only to get smashed by Washington in 5... We still celebrate a great season until headline news breaks that Gary Leeman returns to bang someones wife.

I always knew Leeman wasn't finished scoring :naughty:

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
You can see Sundin going from 10 hits to 70 hits over the years. That's not going beast mode, but it is doing your job in that department. Matthews and Nylander are two very finesse-type players that are going to realize in certain situations, they need to make favorable contact rather then seeking open ice all the time. It can't just be Hyman battling along the boards to keep the puck tied up in the offensive zone. The only way I can see Hyman being taken off the top line is if they shorten the bench to the point they're rolling two lines, with Kadri playing on the top line. Winning is going to require trench warfare more then ever now. And yeah yeah, I already know complaining about finesse players on a Leaf's board is just asking for trouble from those who believe fighting, hitting, etc is not a part of the game that just ramps up into the playoffs.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If Leafs are down a couple goals in the game and struggling for offense and Babcock still runs Hyman-Matthews together with us losing.....

Babcock's ridiculous ego will be the reason why we don't make it.

For all the good that comes with Babcock his ego is the reason we aren't in right now. Just think back to the 23 OT appearances and the 1 shootout victory. Think about never using Nylander etc. Those ridiculous choices he made would have should have us with at least 2-4pts right now minimum.

I like Babcock but his OT and SO strategies are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad