Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Pens(April 8th) -do you really want the playoffs? Then show it

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Let's see what they have. Hopefully the team brings more than they did against Tampa.

They can win. They can certainly pull this off. But have to actually do it. Go and play their best game of the season.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If they can get out to a quick start, the Pens who are locked in might just go back to sleep and let this one play out. But the longer they stay in it, the tighter our boys will get (based on the Tampa game).

Really hoping the intensity is better at least for this one.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
There's always the hope that the Pens can somehow come into Toronto and look past the Leafs to their series with Columbus. That's the best hope. Rather than if they sit players it is about mindset. If they are just distracted the Leafs might be able to get a jump on them and they might not be able to straighten it out after that point.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
The Metro is now 100% locked up - there's 5+ points separating each of the top 4 teams from the next, with just 2 games left. Fingers crossed that the Pens rest their stars.

It was a bad loss tonight, the Leafs better come out flying on Saturday and win. We have everything to play for, while it's a completely meaningless game for the Pens, hopefully we can take it.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
I think we just blew up our chance today. I think NYI or TPB will clinch with 94 points. We have the toughest task to go with.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I dont think the Pens would like to enter the playoffs with losses. They will play their game without any pressure.

Speaking of pressure, we saw yesterday how our team was dealing with it.

I have no expectations this time.

nonikhanna

Feb 9, 2011
Maple Tree
Do you think Pens would like to have a team like Tampa in the playoffs or a team like Toronto? We aren't even a serious contender for the cup, while Tampa could go deep.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Sid will be out and they're resting Murray. Leafs control their own fate.

OneTrueStick

Jan 16, 2017
Sid will be out and they're resting Murray. Leafs control their own fate.

and then Flower will have the best game of his career and make like 50 saves, because of course this will happen to us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad