Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Pens(April 8th) -do you really want the playoffs? Then show it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyMacAwesome

Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Ouch tough game

haha I was thinking the same thing.

So many Debbie downer's and Negative Nancy's on this thread.

We have beat Pittsburgh and Columbus this year, it's not like it's impossible for us to do it again in the last 2 games.

Like Babcock said in his interview, the team just needs to go out and do their job and not think about clinching playoffs or anything, just do your job and work hard.

When the Leafs do that, they are a very dangerous team to play against.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Even with the two losses in a row we are still 7-3 in our last ten games. Whatever happens they have done their part the last couple weeks. I am proud to slam on my leafs gear regardless. Kudos to T-bay and the Islanders for hanging in there too.

I think they have it in them to win one of these next two and hopefully they play their best 120 minutes of the season if not. Andersen was wicked last night too.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Even if the Pens don't rest a single player. They are already short handed with Letang and Malkin out. Pens have nothing to play for, we should be desperate.

I still can't imagine the Leafs losing four in a row at home to close the season.

They desperately need to score first..we are a much much better team playing from ahead than we are playing from behind. The entire team just loses any semblance of structure when they are playing from behind, even a one goal deficit feels like 10 when they play from behind because they are so loose in our end and end up coughing a couple more goals not realizing there is plenty of time to tie it up and win if they just play normally.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Won't be the first time...

(drum rolllllll....................................batabing)

Hahaa, kessel beats us in the final 10 seconds, Montreal ices a 3rd string goalie and throws their game tonight against tampa and the Senators do the same favour for the Islanders on Sunday. I guess we have to beat Columbus :popcorn:

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Since the Pens are playing the Jackets in the 1st round, I wonder if the Pens and Leafs can strike a deal. Allow us to win and something unfortunate may happen to Bobrovsky :naughty:.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'll be very disappointed if they can't take advantage of an AHL calibre squad. I mean yeah Tampa had a lot of AHLers playing but they had their lives on the line. Pittsburgh has nothing to play for at this point.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Since the Pens are playing the Jackets in the 1st round, I wonder if the Pens and Leafs can strike a deal. Allow us to win and something unfortunate may happen to Bobrovsky :naughty:.

Bob definitely won't be playing Sunday.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'll be very disappointed if they can't take advantage of an AHL calibre squad. I mean yeah Tampa had a lot of AHLers playing but they had their lives on the line. Pittsburgh has nothing to play for at this point.

Why do you think they are resting players on the first game of a back to back?

I'm not expecting any of their players to be rested, they might play less, but I don't expect Crosby to not play at all.

Kessel is 100% playing. He's got a crazy high game streak on the line. He hasn't missed a regular season game since he was traded to the Leafs 7-8 years ago.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
All the rookie records don't have any significance today. Rookie records are fun, playoffs are expectation now though.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta

Well you knew this was coming. Probably because it is a legitimate possibility. Not like the point wasn't be made by some that Boyle could help send his former team home for the summer. An easy enough narrative to run with and one that is bound to happen.

Maybe somehow it will function as a jinx against the Pens :laugh:.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Ever notice the Leafs NEVER win vs teams that are heavily decimated with injuries? It's like they get briefed on them having a bunch of scrubs and then come out expecting it to be an easy win, and by the they get taken by surprise that it isn't a cake walk the momentum is against them?

Then a lot of the time they seem too just accept it in the middle of the game and go through the motions outside of a few guys..

Team needs more leadership and to dump some players this offseason.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Why do you think they are resting players on the first game of a back to back?

I'm not expecting any of their players to be rested, they might play less, but I don't expect Crosby to not play at all.

Kessel is 100% playing. He's got a crazy high game streak on the line. He hasn't missed a regular season game since he was traded to the Leafs 7-8 years ago.

Pens fans are the ones who are saying that, not me. Seems stupid to play all your top guns when you already have so many injuries anyways.

member 262271

The anticipation leading up to the Tampa game was nuts for me. The anticipation for this one? Yeah, I can wait a looooooong while. :laugh:

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Imagine us playing our best game effort tomorrow night y'all. That's gon be on these fools like donkey kong on mario.

We gon smoke these fools who ain't got non of these players letang, malkin so many of y'all is gone. See to that.

Expecting a huge work effort and battling spirit by our rear ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad