Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Pens(April 8th) -do you really want the playoffs? Then show it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I could see Kessel having his best game of the year. :cry:

I have a source that says Street Hot Dog vendors outside the ACC will be running a 2 for 1 special all day tomorrow and that the Keebler Elves have littered the visiting room with fresh cookies. ...have a feeling Kessel might be a little slow tomorrow.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
It comes down to how bad they want it. If they play like we know they can, they should win.

Everyone has to bring their A game. They have to give it all they got and not quit at any point in the game like they did in the previous 2.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I really think Leivo needs to play tomorrow, we have a lot of players with a lot of miles on them. We need his offense. This team needs a big body on that fourth line. Nothing against Kapanen but he's just much better off on a scoring line.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You can see Sundin going from 10 hits to 70 hits over the years. That's not going beast mode, but it is doing your job in that department. Matthews and Nylander are two very finesse-type players that are going to realize in certain situations, they need to make favorable contact rather then seeking open ice all the time. It can't just be Hyman battling along the boards to keep the puck tied up in the offensive zone. The only way I can see Hyman being taken off the top line is if they shorten the bench to the point they're rolling two lines, with Kadri playing on the top line. Winning is going to require trench warfare more then ever now. And yeah yeah, I already know complaining about finesse players on a Leaf's board is just asking for trouble from those who believe fighting, hitting, etc is not a part of the game that just ramps up into the playoffs.

Matthews>>>>>>Hyman at puck retrieval. You don't need to be physical to separate a player from the puck.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I don't see us beating a loose penguins with all the pressure on us.

It'll come down to Sunday.

The way it should be.:laugh:

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I really think Leivo needs to play tomorrow, we have a lot of players with a lot of miles on them. We need his offense. This team needs a big body on that fourth line. Nothing against Kapanen but he's just much better off on a scoring line.

Agreed. Last couple of days have been grinding. Would much rather have Leivo in there.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I don't see us beating a loose penguins with all the pressure on us.

It'll come down to Sunday.

The way it should be.:laugh:

LOL, so there's no pressure on us on Sunday? And it'll be our second of a back-to-back too. Columbus is pretty loose too. We win on Saturday.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I have no problem with them losing tomorrow but if they don't throw everything they have at the Pens and force them to play an intense game, it'll be a disappointment. They have to do what Tampa has done the last two games, elevate the play and force teams to decide if it's worth it or not early on. It won't be worth it for the Pens if they succeed.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Pittsburgh better be leaving Toronto with bruises no matter who wins. Lay it all out on the ice. Need to pull out a win.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
I've been in South America with no internet service for the past 3 weeks, finally got to check the standings... Holy **** its close. funking win.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I have a source that says Street Hot Dog vendors outside the ACC will be running a 2 for 1 special all day tomorrow and that the Keebler Elves have littered the visiting room with fresh cookies. ...have a feeling Kessel might be a little slow tomorrow.

LMAO. He'll put their kids through college!

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Caps fan here. If Fleury is indeed the goaltender tomorrow you guys have no excuses. Just do it!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Freddy Andersen's gf (Hillary Knight) scored the game winner in the women's gold medal game tonight. Hopefully that's some good vibes for Freddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad