Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Thats why Connor signed the length of contract that he did?

Please, its not that bad here. Been living here 40 years in March and survived. Got about 25 cms of snow here overnight. Didnt have to call in the army to help remove snow.

My grass is still green and my backyard was teeming with life today, at least 6 species of birds.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Pumped to see Mikheyev back in the lineup, it'll be a tough one for him though. I'm guessing Engvall, Kampf, & he will see a lot of McDavid.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Also these guys are mostly signing on discounts to boost their value, play close to home, play in the hockey mecca.

Who's signing on a discount to play in hockey Siberia? Chris Pronger's wife ain't much different than most hockey wives, they don't wanna live in -30 weather for 3 months of the year

Yeah it's pretty obvious that Dubas isn't the reason Spezza and Simmonds are playing for the Leafs.

Reactions: supermann_98

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Yeah it's pretty obvious that Dubas isn't the reason Spezza and Simmonds are playing for the Leafs.

I mean Babcock didn't even really want Spezza, if he had a GM more in line with his thinking instead of Dubas he's probably never offered a contract.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
My grass is still green and my backyard was teeming with life today, at least 6 species of birds.
I wish I could say the same, I'm 1 month and 3 days from Phoenix pending no more border shut downs and 4-5 days of golfing and fighting off rattlesnakes in the rough on the golf course.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If played what are the odds we end up being shut down in 3 days? Shouldn't we just quarantine those teams?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I mean Babcock didn't even really want Spezza, if he had a GM more in line with his thinking instead of Dubas he's probably never offered a contract.

He obviously wanted to play in Toronto regardless of who the coach or GM was and only an idiot would not want Spezza at minimum wage. So giving credit to Dubas for not being an idiot is fine, making signing Spezza sound like it's some genius move is overkill.

Reactions: supermann_98

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If played what are the odds we end up being shut down in 3 days? Shouldn't we just quarantine those teams?
Really high. The local radio and beat writers of Canucks are saying there players being tested positive but they don’t want to announce it till their second and third tests come in.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I swear to god other fanbases just make shit up in their heads and get offended by it. The entire first few pages are people shitting on Leaf fans for being obnoxious in our GDT and being the worst fans. I came here thinking damn it's going to be lit and it's just people talking about the team.

Reactions: Lumberg

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I swear to god other fanbases just make shit up in their heads and get offended by it. The entire first few pages are people shitting on Leaf fans for being obnoxious in our GDT and being the worst fans. I came here thinking damn it's going to be lit and it's just people talking about the team.
We are the Wizard of Oz to those weird f***ers out west. Entirely built up in their own imagination.

Reactions: DirkStraun

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

For safety it's the best call

I hate to say it, but you're probably right. I'm not too concerned about the health risks to the players and coaching staff as they are all fully vaccinated, but it might not be worth the risk of potentially having to cancel several more games.

Reactions: stickty111

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

After seeing what Spezza is after 2+ seasons, I hate Babcock now over how he treated him. Spezza is all about the Leafs. Babcock was all about Babcock.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Much like the Raps game, this game should not be happening

Who cares man. The games need to happen at some point. These guys are fully vaxed and literally in the lowest risk group. Covid is much different now than it was when games stopped. We have vaccines.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Who cares man. The games need to happen at some point. These guys are fully vaxed and literally in the lowest risk group. Covid is much different now than it was when games stopped. We have vaccines.
Thats great, the vaccines dont make you invincible. You can still catch covid. Ive got both shots and know we're not out of the woods yet with this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad